X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get shovel ready

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't care what you think and I also don't care where the Revs play. I mentioned to my friend that works at the stadium that I was reading that the Revs are moving to a Boston location. Response was - that is true. I then said that would probably a loser for Kraft considering the draw they have. Response was - the NFL wants them out. That was enough for me and I moved on to the next topic.

I t doesn't sound like it is happening all that soon - so you can put your shovel away for a bit.
    I was in the pro shop looking for Revs paraphernalia the other day. I asked the salesperson where it might be and they said "you guys already take up too much space in here".

Comment

Why does the NFL care?
      They shouldn't, but they shouldn't care about kneeling players either so who the hell knows. Kraft cares though. Using an idle asset in the off season brings him in a little extra cash. But it won't be happening any time soon.

Comment

Not going to happen

You consider the history of how the New England Patriots ended up in Foxboro, you will realize that there will not be a large stadium in Boston. At different times both the Sullivan and craft families tried to keep the Boston patriots in Boston. However those living in Boston for Both f tax and traffic reasons reasons it was not wanted. Nothing has changed.

Comment

They shouldn't, but they shouldn't care about kneeling players either so who the hell knows. Kraft cares though. Using an idle asset in the off season brings him in a little extra cash. But it won't be happening any time soon.
          NFL is a business. They deliver what their customers want. While I personally don't concern myself with the kneelings, overwhelmingly it is an issue for them. Viewership dropped, and while dropping for a while, many felt the kneeling is the culprit now. Less viewers, means less people see their commercials, which means businesses don't get the eyes-per-$ they planned, so they complain. Next contract, they pay less. So, teams have less revenue, so they pay players less. So, NFL should absolutely care, if only for their bottom line.

As for why they may not want soccer teams in their stadiums, it could also be because every kid who turns toward soccer is one who turned away from football. If they are fostering that exposure, then it could hurt their game down the road.

Comment

NFL is a business. They deliver what their customers want. While I personally don't concern myself with the kneelings, overwhelmingly it is an issue for them. Viewership dropped, and while dropping for a while, many felt the kneeling is the culprit now. Less viewers, means less people see their commercials, which means businesses don't get the eyes-per-$ they planned, so they complain. Next contract, they pay less. So, teams have less revenue, so they pay players less. So, NFL should absolutely care, if only for their bottom line.

As for why they may not want soccer teams in their stadiums, it could also be because every kid who turns toward soccer is one who turned away from football. If they are fostering that exposure, then it could hurt their game down the road.
            NYCFC plays at Yankee Stadium. Baseball is slumping also but because of boredom, not concussions :) If the franchise owners get a few $ using an idle facility why should the leagues care?

Comment

I'm pretty sure nfl owners aren't to worried about young people being exposed to soccer.
              The revs have been around for a couple years now soccer a not really having an effect on them.
              Also more youths play soccer than football already. It's not soccer that will keep players away its concussion.

Comment

I'm pretty sure nfl owners aren't to worried about young people being exposed to soccer.
                The revs have been around for a couple years now soccer a not really having an effect on them.
                Also more youths play soccer than football already. It's not soccer that will keep players away its concussion.
                Just a thought, and could very well be off-base. But, as viewers go and participation in football declines, so will their revenue. Why help a sport who is taking that participation away?

Again, just a thought and trying to get inside the minds of an NFL owner isn't an easy thing to do............

Comment

das kapital

https://www.thekraftgroup.com/overwatch-boston/

Comment

The future of sports to come.

Comment

The future of sports to come.
                      https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/videos?v=tnCENJsZvuE

Comment

That's interesting about calling it Boston Uprising v New England uprising due to the focus study.

Comment

That's interesting about calling it Boston Uprising v New England uprising due to the focus study.
                          Boston Tea Party is already taken

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X