Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's hard to call it THE National Championship, but it certainly is A national championship
    Similar to maple produces a state champion.

Comment

It's hard to call it THE National Championship, but it certainly is A national championship
      NPL has been diluted by DA but still plenty of competitive leagues around the country and any team that went to finals should be applauded. Playing in an NPL National Chanpionship game is an experience reserved for few.

Comment

NPL has been diluted by DA but still plenty of competitive leagues around the country and any team that went to finals should be applauded. Playing in an NPL National Chanpionship game is an experience reserved for few.
        To be honest, my kids DA team (boys) traveled across the country for a showcase and 5 of the better players either played "up" or chose not to go... It was a waste of time (have to be honest). My only point here is that you play who you play (and yes, I get it that it was a showcase), but you just keep everything in perspective. I think that most people understand that no matter what league/division, etc, a national championship is only as good as the teams that go and there are a lot of other factors. Most (unless they are crazy), know not to blow these things out of proportion.

Comment

On the boys side, the first time merging of the ENCL and NPL playoffs was a clear success this year--close, competitive matches throughout, and legit final championships that established the best non-DA teams in each age group from those different leagues. Would the girls club teams ever reach an agreement to such a common-sense approach? Likely not . . .

Comment

We just came back, and I'll say it was an experience my child will never forget. Very well run tournament, good facilities, good competition, lifetime of memories. I did something similar as a kid in hockey, and still have the memories decades later.

Are there better teams out there? Probably. Does that diminish anything? Absolutely not. Until we get to a single pyramid and rank teams accordingly, the d!ck-measuring will always be there.

Comment

We just came back, and I'll say it was an experience my child will never forget. Very well run tournament, good facilities, good competition, lifetime of memories. I did something similar as a kid in hockey, and still have the memories decades later.

Are there better teams out there? Probably. Does that diminish anything? Absolutely not. Until we get to a single pyramid and rank teams accordingly, the d!ck-measuring will always be there.
              Bravo. Exactly right.

Comment

For girls there is no single National Championship - there are at least 5 that i can count. Winning any one of them is a great accomplishment and requires team to beat others from around the country. Same emotions, same competitive fire, same team bonding. Congrats to all teams the did well in CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Bravo. Exactly right.
                  Winning is winning. It is hard for any team regardless of level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X