• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOT soccer explained

http://johnregansoccer.com/wordpress...ccer-rankings/

GPS mines points like bitcoin

Comment

Clown author is about 8-10 years behind the times. Must be a newbie to the club scene. SJW

Comment

GotSoccer sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Clown author is about 8-10 years behind the times. Must be a newbie to the club scene. SJW
          What makes you say he is a newbie on the club scene?

Comment

What makes you say he is a newbie on the club scene?
            "The rankings have taken over the youth soccer world in a terrible way and I want to share with you why?"

My D was with NEFC when they brought in the BB Scorp teams and merged with PUMA, almost 10 years ago. Since many of the teams were new, they pursued gotsoccer points like a street corner junkie looking for their next fix. It was a huge emphasis in order to establish the teams and the club itself. The author speaks as if this is some new concept.

Comment

GotSoccer sucks
              That's all the explanation needed.

Comment

"The rankings have taken over the youth soccer world in a terrible way and I want to share with you why?"

My D was with NEFC when they brought in the BB Scorp teams and merged with PUMA, almost 10 years ago. Since many of the teams were new, they pursued gotsoccer points like a street corner junkie looking for their next fix. It was a huge emphasis in order to establish the teams and the club itself. The author speaks as if this is some new concept.
                The crack-whore maneuvers are still going on, more some at some clubs than others. Unfortunately the reality is tourney organizers need some kind of inputs to determine what teams to admit and what would be good matchups. A large event won't know much about all the clubs and teams. Clubs won't return to events that don't have good competition. So from that standpoint chasing points becomes something of a necessity.

Now, if only they weren't public so that parents didn't obsess about them youth soccer would be more tolerable.

Comment

The crack-whore maneuvers are still going on, more some at some clubs than others. Unfortunately the reality is tourney organizers need some kind of inputs to determine what teams to admit and what would be good matchups. A large event won't know much about all the clubs and teams. Clubs won't return to events that don't have good competition. So from that standpoint chasing points becomes something of a necessity.

Now, if only they weren't public so that parents didn't obsess about them youth soccer would be more tolerable.
                  And the irony is that for the most part, the best teams - DA and ECNL - aren’t even included unless the do out of league tourneys.

Comment

And the irony is that for the most part, the best teams - DA and ECNL - aren’t even included unless the do out of league tourneys.
                    No irony, it's just how it is. GS is to rank the best of the rest.

Comment

What I mean is those parents are usually the most vocal, but maybe that’s a misconception on my part.

Comment

This is very true. Dudes who fly private don’t envy my Diamond Medallion status

Comment

The crack whore???? TS is more like your typical range driving DS or Wellesley mom or kid that turns into a heroin addict after too many OxyContin for the torn ACL or so injury being “elite”. Stick with the present. TS is more for the heroin user

Comment

can anyone tell me who the #1 ranked U15 boys team is from England? .....NO...of course not, we dont some f**king ranking system on teams...if your kid is good, our scouts know that already...geez...and tell you your f**ktard President to go back home... build a wall so that he can stay in AmeriKKKa and never leave..

Comment

can anyone tell me who the #1 ranked U15 boys team is from England? .....NO...of course not, we dont some f**king ranking system on teams...if your kid is good, our scouts know that already...geez...and tell you your f**ktard President to go back home... build a wall so that he can stay in AmeriKKKa and never leave..
                              More than half us are hoping he goes to Moscow with Vladimir after their Helsinki hook up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X