Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Atletico seems to have been removed from the NYCSL NPL alignments.

That's quite a hit to the quality of the league.
    They don't have enough teams to field in every age group anymore.

Comment

What happened between May and now? That seems so odd.

Comment

What happened between May and now? That seems so odd.
        Dan leaving crippled the teams last year, leaving them not only short on talent but short on players. And after a bad year for most KK teams (or at least bad by KK standards) even more left this spring.

Kurt is a great guy, and a great goalkeeper trainer. But he is a terrible business man and recruiter.

Comment

Dan leaving crippled the teams last year, leaving them not only short on talent but short on players. And after a bad year for most KK teams (or at least bad by KK standards) even more left this spring.

Kurt is a great guy, and a great goalkeeper trainer. But he is a terrible business man and recruiter.
          Great guy? On what planet?

Comment

Interesting. My son played 05 this is year and they were pretty good!

Comment

Kurt lost his 03. 04 and 05 girls. By him sending a lot of the top kids over to DA to sample it ultimately lost him those two. He’s a great trainer but has absolutely no business skills. And I do think he’s one of the good guys and really is in it for the kids and love of the sport

Comment

Interesting. My son played 05 this is year and they were pretty good!
                Said bad year for "most" teams, not all.

Comment

Great guy? On what planet?
                  I've had nothing but good experiences with him. Dan, not so much.

I will admit that Dan's drive, more than anything Kurt ever did, is what made KK great. But Kurt is certainly the one who for the most part is thinking of the kids over his own interests in most cases.

Comment

SUSA boys pulled out of Metro, NYPL, NYCSL and NY Cup except for a couple of teams.

Comment

Not exactly true. Gary Grossman screwed Kurt over by making KK playing metro when SUSA bought ISA then letting Barca in NPL (no metro first) Quickstrike buys SPA gets into NPL no metro again.

KK is playing EDP was announced two months ago. Other teams that left NPL or putting their top teams in EDP and NOT NPL are Massapequa, SUSA, STA etc....Boys NPL is a shell of itself now.

two years NPL has lost the following
                      East Meadow - ECNL
                      Parsippany & Princeton
                      Esstern (younger teams in Metro nit nol)

This year they lost
                      Massapequa - EDP
                      KK - EDP

THis year the top teams will plsy EDP and their B teams will play NPL or Metro
                      SUSA
                      STA

Comment

Not exactly true. Gary Grossman screwed Kurt over by making KK playing metro when SUSA bought ISA then letting Barca in NPL (no metro first) Quickstrike buys SPA gets into NPL no metro again.

KK is playing EDP was announced two months ago. Other teams that left NPL or putting their top teams in EDP and NOT NPL are Massapequa, SUSA, STA etc....Boys NPL is a shell of itself now.

East Meadow - ECNL
                        Parsippany & Princeton

This year they lost
                        Massapequa - EDP
                        KK - EDP

SUSA
                        STA
                        EDP has their applied team list up. KK didn't enter a 2006 team.

And for that matter they didn't enter any 2003 or older teams though to be fair if they are planning on playing late fall they still have time to apply for that so it is premature to claim that KK doesn't have teams in those age groups.

Comment

East Meadow - ECNL
                          Parsippany & Princeton

This year they lost
                          Massapequa - EDP
                          KK - EDP

SUSA
                          STA
                          I don't think Eastern and Massapequa voluntarily left. Eastern had a huge, sudden dropoff in quality (for reasons I do not understand), so last year the HS age teams stayed in NPL while the others were dropped to Metro. I believe the HS teams that played last year will continue in NPL until they age out.

Comment

I don't think Eastern and Massapequa voluntarily left. Eastern had a huge, sudden dropoff in quality (for reasons I do not understand), so last year the HS age teams stayed in NPL while the others were dropped to Metro. I believe the HS teams that played last year will continue in NPL until they age out.
                            Massapequa left voluntarily. Do your own research and look at the standings for Massapequa teams. Do not believe the BOTN fake news. Look at Mass versus Brentwood, brooklyn, everton and elite and tell me why they are nit being talked about.

LM hates Massapequa, EM, Alby, Smithtiwn, Sachem and Lake Grove to name a few.

Comment

EDP has their applied team list up. KK didn't enter a 2006 team.

And for that matter they didn't enter any 2003 or older teams though to be fair if they are planning on playing late fall they still have time to apply for that so it is premature to claim that KK doesn't have teams in those age groups.
                              Those age groups are gone. Not much left for Atletico. Program will continue to slip, it's sad to watch.

Comment

Massapequa left voluntarily. Do your own research and look at the standings for Massapequa teams. Do not believe the BOTN fake news. Look at Mass versus Brentwood, brooklyn, everton and elite and tell me why they are nit being talked about.

LM hates Massapequa, EM, Alby, Smithtiwn, Sachem and Lake Grove to name a few.
                                It's over for Massapequa. You have girls teams that played NPL last year now playing LIJSL. Why would they do this voluntarily? Because of the mass exodus of quality players. Pretty sad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X