X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Do San Diego teams have better coaches?
    What wake up call would that be? Move to San Diego? Run Faster? Boot the ball farther?
    Dribble more? Dye your hair blonde and tan?
    They have to work a lot harder. I don't have an opinion on the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They have to work a lot harder. I don't have an opinion on the coaches.
      Hard work is a function of the individual. i think they have some semblance of a culture over there with the heavy Latino influences. in the NE, we really dont. the little pockets like Kearny in NJ ( there are others) produce loads of elite players.

Comment

Anonymously calling out kids - lowest of the low. You're a POS.
        Stop posting all star lists, all conference honors and there would be no issues. Discussing possible omissions or inaccuracies is fair game if your going to draw attention to it.

Comment

Who said anything about Gatorade poy? Comment was there were two more impactful players on that team who should have been acknowledged. Stars don’t indict? Laughable
          Says the dad whose kid wasn't on the list.

Comment

Hard work is a function of the individual. i think they have some semblance of a culture over there with the heavy Latino influences. in the NE, we really dont. the little pockets like Kearny in NJ ( there are others) produce loads of elite players.
            Unlike our area where the dirt poor players struggle in total anonymity and never get a chance cause their so poor

Comment

This is a fruitless discussion. In a few years the ECNL will not exist. If it is in existence, it will be similar to town soccer.
              I have to disagree. I think when 5 of the top 20 clubs in GDA, exit after 1 year-the league as a whole is weakened. Not to mention the other mid-level clubs that also exited, only to be replaced by real bottom feeders. I mean these are just facts.

People can sell the "training", "committment" and all that other jazz all they want, but when the quality of the play is mostly mediocre, you don't really have a leg to stand on. ECNL has been at this for almost 10 years now, dominating the landscape as "the best". Their marketing and event planning is really to be admired and this league is their only focus. USSF, in its current state, can't possibly compete. They ignored the girls side for decades and still sh!t all over the women's game. Take a look at some of the NT rosters, wher less than 50% are GDA players. Even they don't believe in their own product...

Comment

I have to disagree. I think when 5 of the top 20 clubs in GDA, exit after 1 year-the league as a whole is weakened. Not to mention the other mid-level clubs that also exited, only to be replaced by real bottom feeders. I mean these are just facts.

People can sell the "training", "committment" and all that other jazz all they want, but when the quality of the play is mostly mediocre, you don't really have a leg to stand on. ECNL has been at this for almost 10 years now, dominating the landscape as "the best". Their marketing and event planning is really to be admired and this league is their only focus. USSF, in its current state, can't possibly compete. They ignored the girls side for decades and still sh!t all over the women's game. Take a look at some of the NT rosters, wher less than 50% are GDA players. Even they don't believe in their own product...

How is Stars a top 20 GDA club ?

Comment

lets look at the AS teams. Forget your subjective 5/20 stuff. In the NE, those teams do not contain the regions best players at U14/15/16/17/18/19 Why not?

Comment

How is Stars a top 20 GDA club ?
                    Please they are one of the top 20 clubs in the land. You can't take one year of GDA and draw any conclusions whatsoever. Except, perhaps that there are plenty of discerning consumers in certain areas that see things for what they are.

Comment

how stupid is it to think that in less than a year a yr round development plan will revolutionize the game? give it the same 10 years. The problem is the powerful enemies of the committed approach will do everything they can to kill it long before we get a chance to see if it works.

do you not wonder why so may seem against seeing what happens if you give kids who want it a chance to focus year round ?

Comment

Please they are one of the top 20 clubs in the land. You can't take one year of GDA and draw any conclusions whatsoever. Except, perhaps that there are plenty of discerning consumers in certain areas that see things for what they are.
                        In the GDA, FC Stars were bad. the Clubs you want to compare yourselves to were not.
                        Its fine that some Clubs do not want to stay the course, but unlike you, some see it for what it is.

Comment

Call it for what it was not could be - they were down in the 50s which isn’t top 20.

Comment

In the GDA, FC Stars were bad. the Clubs you want to compare yourselves to were not.
                            Its fine that some Clubs do not want to stay the course, but unlike you, some see it for what it is.
                            They were bad because most of their better players stayed in programs that worked better for them individually. 1/2 of what they put out there was NPL talent at best.

Take off your GDA glasses and you will see what it is as well. It's crystal clear for anyone without a monetary gain at stake.

Comment

They were bad because most of their better players stayed in programs that worked better for them individually. 1/2 of what they put out there was NPL talent at best.

Take off your GDA glasses and you will see what it is as well. It's crystal clear for anyone without a monetary gain at stake.
                              its got nothing to do with GDA glasses, just facts. Stars were terrible in the GDA. you want to associate with the best Clubs in the land, but those Clubs were able to be a lot better in both leagues. You are not the powerhouse you think you are. Good Club, sure, but one of many good Clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                its got nothing to do with GDA glasses, just facts. Stars were terrible in the GDA. you want to associate with the best Clubs in the land, but those Clubs were able to be a lot better in both leagues. You are not the powerhouse you think you are. Good Club, sure, but one of many good Clubs.
                                Get over the anger, man. Stars is a very strong club. Everyone knows that. And I have nothing, zippo, to do with them but am one of those people that get sick of the incessant put downs. Go watch the World Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X