X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://goalnation.com/tim-turney-on-...-youth-soccer/

Comment

Talk about an interview without saying anything. He should run for office.

Comment

ECNL Players to watch, ECNL PDP, ECNL All Star teams.....

You have to hand it to these guys, they don't go down without a marketing fight.

Comment

There were as many FC stars as there were FC Boston players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            There were as many FC stars as there were FC Boston players.
            You'd think with Stars focus on ECNL there would be more Stars players then FC Boston. One interesting pick is the Stars u18 player. Very good player but there are 2 better on her team. Seems like if there is a PR machine it belongs to a certain player/family. KD good player but EG and LR were better players this year.

Comment

You'd think with Stars focus on ECNL there would be more Stars players then FC Boston. One interesting pick is the Stars u18 player. Very good player but there are 2 better on her team. Seems like if there is a PR machine it belongs to a certain player/family. KD good player but EG and LR were better players this year.
              Nice job TS Douche, calling a kid out anonymously. Let me guess, you thought your kid deserved it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Nice job TS Douche, calling a kid out anonymously. Let me guess, you thought your kid deserved it?
                More likely a douche trying to stir up trouble bc his D didn’t come close to Gatorade POY. A troll. Sorry, guy. Stars don’t infight like that.

Comment

More likely a douche trying to stir up trouble bc his D didn’t come close to Gatorade POY. A troll. Sorry, guy. Stars don’t infight like that.
                  Who said anything about Gatorade poy? Comment was there were two more impactful players on that team who should have been acknowledged. Stars don’t indict? Laughable

Comment

Anonymously calling out kids - lowest of the low. You're a POS.

Comment

ECNL Players to watch, ECNL PDP, ECNL All Star teams.....

You have to hand it to these guys, they don't go down without a marketing fight.
                      That is the fight. Did you think all this was about soccer? Hahaha.

Comment

That is the fight. Did you think all this was about soccer? Hahaha.
                        Spot on. Its never really about soccer. These teams just show how watered down the whole thing is. I dont think that 18/19 AS team would beat PDA GDA or BBA GDA, let alone a full GDA AS team. In fact i dont think it would beat Stars U17

I think becasue the GDA gold standard is making NT camps/teams, there is no fanfare if you dont. It means there are quite few kids who are in the GDA who do not get much fanfare. I feel this also contributes to some wanting to go back to the ECNL/HS environment where there are a lot more "awards" available. Its all part of the sport of leisure attitude as opposed to the full commitment angle.

I dont have an issue with either. i do have an issue with the leisure folks objecting to those who want to commit more or vice versa.

Comment

Spot on. Its never really about soccer. These teams just show how watered down the whole thing is. I dont think that 18/19 AS team would beat PDA GDA or BBA GDA, let alone a full GDA AS team. In fact i dont think it would beat Stars U17

I think becasue the GDA gold standard is making NT camps/teams, there is no fanfare if you dont. It means there are quite few kids who are in the GDA who do not get much fanfare. I feel this also contributes to some wanting to go back to the ECNL/HS environment where there are a lot more "awards" available. Its all part of the sport of leisure attitude as opposed to the full commitment angle.

I dont have an issue with either. i do have an issue with the leisure folks objecting to those who want to commit more or vice versa.

*EDIT would not beat the Stars U17 ECNL team from last year If it has stayed intact.

Comment

This is a fruitless discussion. In a few years the ECNL will not exist. If it is in existence, it will be similar to town soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              This is a fruitless discussion. In a few years the ECNL will not exist. If it is in existence, it will be similar to town soccer.
                              I agree that this is a fruitless discussion as most are. I don't know whether ECNL will exist. And I don't know which league will have stronger teams. I do know that NE did not compete against strong teams in San Diego, so it was a good wake up call for our girls.

Comment

I agree that this is a fruitless discussion as most are. I don't know whether ECNL will exist. And I don't know which league will have stronger teams. I do know that NE did not compete against strong teams in San Diego, so it was a good wake up call for our girls.
                                Do San Diego teams have better coaches?
                                What wake up call would that be? Move to San Diego? Run Faster? Boot the ball farther?
                                Dribble more? Dye your hair blonde and tan?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X