Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thorns U15 team is not good. Huge negative goal differential. Almost as bad as Burlingame.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The thorns U15 team is not good. Huge negative goal differential. Almost as bad as Burlingame.
      That is to bad so rankings go= CU, FCP, GPS, DA Or CU, FCP, DA, GPS?

Comment

That is to bad so rankings go= CU, FCP, GPS, DA Or CU, FCP, DA, GPS?
        GPS Thorns CU ............ then Fcp

Comment

Do you remember the fact that your club and coach did an extremely poor job of developing your CU players even after they said Ecnl was the place to spend your money. The structure was atrocious and there was NO question you failed.

Do you also remember that to cover that up you had your coach and director cold call people from other teams that you talked trash about?

And lastly do you remember that the team STILL not only could win or achieve anything but struggled to even stay relevant.

I don't coach in the 03 age group but I'm very aware of the approach and smoke and mirrors CU did to try and cover up the fact that a random coach came in and simply out developed your entire system playing teams from Oregon and Washington.

Don't believe me but that's what any credible person in the coaching or directing world sees after this is all said and done so don't go around and try to hide the fact you begged a tournament director to not play a team you've been avoiding since birth.
          Correct. CU wouldn't even touch GPS still which says a lot. Considering CU has won 3 games in 2 years I'd say they are a bit wanting...

Comment

Burlingame Thorns has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Wins are not important. A large negative goal differential is not always a bad thing.

Comment

Wins are not important. A large negative goal differential is not always a bad thing.
                Really? Then the younger thorns are ok?

Comment

Really? Then the younger thorns are ok?
                  A negative -59 goal differential is no longer considered bad.

Comment

A negative -59 goal differential is no longer considered bad.
                    It is bad. But not terrible. It's a level of competition other Oregon teams don't get the chance to see. ECNL so far has been cross town rivals, potato chuckers and perhaps Seattle "B" teams. So, scoff all you want but someday you should take off the water wings and come into the adult pool

Comment

It looks like the Timbers coaches are drunk posting again.

Comment

It is bad. But not terrible. It's a level of competition other Oregon teams don't get the chance to see. ECNL so far has been cross town rivals, potato chuckers and perhaps Seattle "B" teams. So, scoff all you want but someday you should take off the water wings and come into the adult pool
                        Bro I can’t even tell if you are bringing the sarcasm or what.

Comment

Idiot post. My daughter plays ECNL and has played all of the DA girls before they moved over and most of the top 10 teams in the country last year. Her team made the ECNL National Playoffs. She has played with and against the best players in the country for a long time now with impressive results. You really need to stop perpetuating this narrative because it is simply FAKE NEWS.

Comment

Idiot post. My daughter plays ECNL and has played all of the DA girls before they moved over and most of the top 10 teams in the country last year. Her team made the ECNL National Playoffs. She has played with and against the best players in the country for a long time now with impressive results. You really need to stop perpetuating this narrative because it is simply FAKE NEWS.
                            Agreed.. not sure why everyone is getting mad at each other.

This whole issue is caused by US Soccer. People are just trying to make choices that they think are best for their child. Can't really control what US Soccer does nor can you can control which league each club or players choose (ECNL or DA).

Comment

No really sure if I agree with the impressive results against the best players in the country. There were only one Oregon ECNL team making playoffs last year and the results were not all that impressive. The team got killed in playoffs.

Comment

How many games per year do you have with your cross town rival, the potato chuckers and the Seattle B Teams? That's 50% of your schedule....that's REAL NEWS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X