Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I haven’t seen this but you could be right. At the older ages, the midfield is bypassed, which is fine because we were very successful.
    need to define success. It sounds like your midfield players are in danger of limited quality touches. Success is more than winning.

Comment

The season hasn’t started for them yet. Talk to me then.
      Talk to me. We are one of them. Not going back. Some of us don’t chase a patch, but the best situation for our family. Talking to others who have chosen not do GDA (or ECNL for that matter), and all are pretty happy already with the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        BBA is the only club that offers year-round training. The others are interchangeable
        SSS offers year round training. Stars does too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Talk to me. We are one of them. Not going back. Some of us don’t chase a patch, but the best situation for our family. Talking to others who have chosen not do GDA (or ECNL for that matter), and all are pretty happy already with the choice.
          I think once you see the competition, and the few games, you will change your point of view. Why did she drop GDA? Was she playing?

Comment

I think once you see the competition, and the few games, you will change your point of view. Why did she drop GDA? Was she playing?
            Yes, she played more than half of most games. Started many of them. Why we dropped GDA???
            -Money, travel, schedule all too much for our family
            -terrible substitution rules especially if you are paying and traveling so much
            -my child wants to play HS and other sports
            -and we have seen several of the NPL games, and what I can say is that other than the top 2-3 players on the GDA team and the bottom 2-3 of the NPL team, the rest of the roster was fairly interchangeable between the two, including my kid. The games on a whole war more competitive than what we had in the DA, and I wouldn’t have to travel as far to have the lopsided games.

I realize everybody has their own goals, and their own view of things, but my child is not going to be an NT player, and it was killing our family to stretch ourselves so thin for a product that was not much better than what we had before we played GDA. There are several of us moving back to the NPL team and several on the NPL team chose not to move up to GDA last year and this year ... so we are going to have a strong team, and looking forward to it. You enjoy your choices, and we’ll enjoy ours.

Comment

Love hearing parents take control and realize that the best choice is what's best for your kid and your kid only. Enjoy this time <cliche on time flies here>.

Comment

Love hearing parents take control and realize that the best choice is what's best for your kid and your kid only. Enjoy this time <cliche on time flies here>.
                It's how most families operate. TS isn't representative of most families plus there's clubs pushing their own agendas.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X