X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks Dudley Do Right, great response.

Do you realize that this is being marketed as a collegiate showcase for high school aged kids? It’s also not cheap. Teams that enter college showcases do so with the intent of maybe getting some recruiting interest.

Take your kid up the road to travel jamboree, collect a trophy, have the kids paint their faces and most importantly spare us your stupid ass comments
    And it looks like some colleges will be there so what's your point? Not everyone wants to play D1. Besides, this pandemic has put a damper on a lot of things so some teams will take what they can get this fall to get some games in as a team to help get them ready for a spring season. Don't like this showcase, then ignore it, move on, and let everyone else participating in it do so without your stupid ass elitist ridicule.

Comment

And it looks like some colleges will be there so what's your point? Not everyone wants to play D1. Besides, this pandemic has put a damper on a lot of things so some teams will take what they can get this fall to get some games in as a team to help get them ready for a spring season. Don't like this showcase, then ignore it, move on, and let everyone else participating in it do so without your stupid ass elitist ridicule.
      yes, some would rather play DIII versus DI. Idiot!

Comment

Ok settle down. First you say not all kids want to play in a college showcase to play in front of college coaches. Now we are being elitist because we said only a few college coaches are coming. If your kid doesn’t care about college then who cares how many attend? Maybe the Amazon warehouse recruiting staff will be there.

As far as the not all kids want D1 comment, that’s complete BS. For 98% of players in CT, D1 is not an option. For those in the 2%, there are a handful that
        don’t choose D1. Those kids are not playing in this tournament or for this club. Not elitist just the truth.

Comment

Ok settle down. First you say not all kids want to play in a college showcase to play in front of college coaches. Now we are being elitist because we said only a few college coaches are coming. If your kid doesn’t care about college then who cares how many attend? Maybe the Amazon warehouse recruiting staff will be there.

As far as the not all kids want D1 comment, that’s complete BS. For 98% of players in CT, D1 is not an option. For those in the 2%, there are a handful that
          don’t choose D1. Those kids are not playing in this tournament or for this club. Not elitist just the truth.
          I’m not the only one that has made the D1 comment on these boards. And besides, I thought not all D1 schools were created equal... Isn’t that what everyone has been arguing on this site for years? My kid isn’t playing in this tournament so I don’t really care who is or isn’t there. Just stop being so damn judgmental. Just because this showcase doesn’t meet your high standards doesn’t mean others should miss out on any opportunities they might not have had otherwise. Hey, at the end of the day, less kids competing for your superstar kid’s spot, right? And as for the Amazon comment, that’s where your being an elitist ass. Without people doing those jobs, you wouldn’t get those precious packages daily. Think before you speak, try to be a little more empathetic, and stop looking down on people from your high horse. At least they’re working or trying to make ends meet to support their family.

Comment

I’m not the only one that has made the D1 comment on these boards. And besides, I thought not all D1 schools were created equal... Isn’t that what everyone has been arguing on this site for years? My kid isn’t playing in this tournament so I don’t really care who is or isn’t there. Just stop being so damn judgmental. Just because this showcase doesn’t meet your high standards doesn’t mean others should miss out on any opportunities they might not have had otherwise. Hey, at the end of the day, less kids competing for your superstar kid’s spot, right? And as for the Amazon comment, that’s where your being an elitist ass. Without people doing those jobs, you wouldn’t get those precious packages daily. Think before you speak, try to be a little more empathetic, and stop looking down on people from your high horse. At least they’re working or trying to make ends meet to support their family.
            Not the poster you are replying to but please spare us your liberal drivel.

Having read through this thread, it get off the rails after someone asked if the Event was impacted by NCAA dead period. I believe that person was called a dip sh*t and that’s where things got ugly.

Let’s face it a thread about Vale, AFC or any of these other clubs usually falls off pretty quickly on this board. But in this situation, a parent from one of those clubs poked the bear. Bad choice

You get everything you Deserve here.

Comment

The best part of this thread is that no one ever needs to hear about AFC again. The owner is the ultimate snake oil salesman and an overall bad human being. The club held on for years supported by moronic parents. The silver lining is that the tournament should put the final bullet in this pig.

Enjoy the tournament, at least it will be warm out

Comment

The best part of this thread is that no one ever needs to hear about AFC again. The owner is the ultimate snake oil salesman and an overall bad human being. The club held on for years supported by moronic parents. The silver lining is that the tournament should put the final bullet in this pig.

Enjoy the tournament, at least it will be warm out
                Did he cut your kid? Why so mad bro?

Comment

yes, some would rather play DIII versus DI. Idiot!
                  Yeah my kid's interested in playing and getting a real education. Your kid can play at central or hartford

Comment

Not the poster you are replying to but please spare us your liberal drivel.

Having read through this thread, it get off the rails after someone asked if the Event was impacted by NCAA dead period. I believe that person was called a dip sh*t and that’s where things got ugly.

Let’s face it a thread about Vale, AFC or any of these other clubs usually falls off pretty quickly on this board. But in this situation, a parent from one of those clubs poked the bear. Bad choice

You get everything you Deserve here.
                    Liberal drivel — good one. No, it’s called having compassion for my fellow humans and not judging people. Some of the folks one this board should try it some time.

Comment

Liberal drivel — good one. No, it’s called having compassion for my fellow humans and not judging people. Some of the folks one this board should try it some time.
                      I’m an AFC parent (former). Time to let this one die, it’s been beaten enough. You can teach people to be nice on other threads. Anonymous soccer chat boards aren’t the appropriate venue to be handing out life lessons. Besides, I don’t want to see the club get thrashed on this board by people who nothing about it. Move on please, you’ll never win here

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X