Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    we are at susa and our child as well as others are very unhappy with the overall product. Some of the trainers are good but a majority are weak and there is no consistency. It appears each trainer is allowed to run whatever session they want. For a child to say practice is boring and all we do is stand around or scrimmage most times that is a big issue. So you can have a good trainer for a year or two and then you get a pure dud. Is anyone else seeing this? Do you just grin and bare it or should you speak up to the coach or doc? Speaking up to some of these people i have heard makes things worse on your child. I cant see allowing the trainers to not train and challenge the teams week after week at the costs we are are paying.

Suppose to be an academy with much higher standard than this.
    shut up and pay your bill or your kid will be removed!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Where do you see GA rosters? I was trying to see how many players on these rosters but can't find it anywhere. Thanks
      not sure for the league but my kid has her old team's roster from her friend and it has like 25 kids on it this year

Comment

not sure for the league but my kid has her old team's roster from her friend and it has like 25 kids on it this year
        Rosters that large are a joke. It's all about $$ at that point. What is the point for the bottom half of the team? I get it some will get better and eventually get a chance but news flash, your kid will never get better riding the bench! I know that trainers (because they are such honest people) will tell you otherwise.

Comment

Rosters that large are a joke. It's all about $$ at that point. What is the point for the bottom half of the team? I get it some will get better and eventually get a chance but news flash, your kid will never get better riding the bench! I know that trainers (because they are such honest people) will tell you otherwise.
          There is a benefit to be practicing with top notch talent. That shouldnt be discounted. There are only ~8-12 league games a season. There are also injuries and times when kids are unavailable. When teams play in tourneys, more kids play bc oftentimes there are multiple games a day. Just bc Jenny or Johnny isnt in the started 11, doesnt mean there is no value on playing with a team with a bigger roster.

Comment

When you're talking about the higher levels like ECNL or even GAL, the probability is much much higher...that overused, often misunderstood stat is based on total High School aged players-many of whom don't play outside soccer or don't care to play in college.
            most of these "commits" are not true athletic scholarships.
            The "rides" you see are often supported with academics,
            other sports money, and financial aid.

Comment

most of these "commits" are not true athletic scholarships.
              The "rides" you see are often supported with academics,
              other sports money, and financial aid.
              I heard that a lot leading up to my kid's commitment, turns out there's more athletic aid given than these threads would have you believe.

Comment

SUSA Training Good or Bad

I heard that a lot leading up to my kid's commitment, turns out there's more athletic aid given than these threads would have you believe.
                you think? fyi, 80% of soccer scholarships go to foreign players.
                that means your wet nursed, snot nosed kid is scratching and clawing for 20% left over.

Comment

That is exactly my point! your kid's "commit" isn't 100%
                  I'm sure your superstar got some athletic money
                  but not 100% soccer money

Comment

if my kid gets some athletic, some financial aid, some academic and it covers tuition i would not give a hoot whether someone else defines it as a ride or not. Free is free and internal accounting is just details.

Comment

if my kid gets some athletic, some financial aid, some academic and it covers tuition i would not give a hoot whether someone else defines it as a ride or not. Free is free and internal accounting is just details.
                      LIers "as long as it is perceived
                      as true, then that's all that matters"
                      so now you feel justified in the optics
                      and not the truth

Comment

and not the truth
                        Huh?

Ok fine. You just take the pure and good soccer money and leave the other "poor optics" money for the rest of us.

Comment

and not the truth
                          Well - the truth is that athletic money is often not guaranteed over 4 years but FA and Academics are. I personally never cared about optics or perception. I care about the kid playing soccer and if we get some $ off tuition and it works out, that's gravy. You worry about your 100% "FULL SOCCER RIDE" and being pedantic so you can say your kid is a super stud.

Comment

and not the truth
                            So if a soccer player gets 50% soccer money and gets the other 50% from the school for academics, and only got the academics money because the soccer coach gave the academics people the ‘nod’, you are saying that isn’t a full soccer ride? Your semantics are off.

I used those numbers for the sake of clean discussion. Don’t focus on the percentages in your response.

Comment

So if a soccer player gets 50% soccer money and gets the other 50% from the school for academics, and only got the academics money because the soccer coach gave the academics people the ‘nod’, you are saying that isn’t a full soccer ride? Your semantics are off.

I used those numbers for the sake of clean discussion. Don’t focus on the percentages in your response.
                              The nod? The departments at colleges work independently of each other. You and many others are putting way too much on the belief there is a pot of gold waiting for soccer players. I guess this is why places like susa are so successful. Parents buy into the all the false propaganda being pushed. Do some research before believing all the inaccuracies about athletic money especially for soccer. If your kid is smart and had great grades they will be better off than a kid with average grades who is great in the "Northeast" soccer world. Check out where a lot of the current soccer studs are from.

Comment

SUSA Training Good or Bad

The nod? The departments at colleges work independently of each other. You and many others are putting way too much on the belief there is a pot of gold waiting for soccer players. I guess this is why places like susa are so successful. Parents buy into the all the false propaganda being pushed. Do some research before believing all the inaccuracies about athletic money especially for soccer. If your kid is smart and had great grades they will be better off than a kid with average grades who is great in the "Northeast" soccer world. Check out where a lot of the current soccer studs are from.
                                South America and Africa.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X