Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    at a certain point playing time is not equal. Performance matters. This is part of the problem with youth sports. Its a mentality many clubs are not preaching. This is a life lesson. You cant always have what you want. If you want more, then show it, prove it. Don't sit and complain about playing time or the money you are spending as a parent. This could be a parent issue. You are making your kid soft. ECNL is the highest level for girls in youth soccer. Its a competitive environment. If youre not happy, then leave. But don't stay and complain. If you want to quit I am sure the club or coach wont mind, as the mentally tough are not leaving. ECNL is hard, players should understand they have to compete, they have to compete with each other and they have to compete vs other teams. Its that simple.
    At the younger ages it should be equal. As they get older it's more about earning, but kids should still be get meaningful playing time. You won't learn nearly as much getting almost no PT

Comment

at a certain point playing time is not equal. Performance matters. This is part of the problem with youth sports. Its a mentality many clubs are not preaching. This is a life lesson. You cant always have what you want. If you want more, then show it, prove it. Don't sit and complain about playing time or the money you are spending as a parent. This could be a parent issue. You are making your kid soft. ECNL is the highest level for girls in youth soccer. Its a competitive environment. If youre not happy, then leave. But don't stay and complain. If you want to quit I am sure the club or coach wont mind, as the mentally tough are not leaving. ECNL is hard, players should understand they have to compete, they have to compete with each other and they have to compete vs other teams. Its that simple.
      Listen, I am all for that ... just detail what metrics will be kept, the weight of each metric, and then just keep them and make them available to support your claims. The metrics now are not kept, not available, and wouldnt make sense if they did. Keep it simple, S, SOG, G, A, +/-, SHOTS AGAINST, SAVES. Would be great to have touches:turnovers and completed passes but that is a pain to go back over every game and get those (but would be most worthwile of all stats).

Comment

list the metrics? if a player is productive on the field its pretty obvious to every one.

Comment

One would think that it might, but so many kids and pre to today are content t when they have simply made the A team and get the shiny backpack and shirt with a shiny, colorful, embroidered patch. It’s scary how much people will pay for that stupid thing and probably scarier still that players 6-24 believe they are getting any athletic money from a D1 (and most probably believe close to a full boat).
          Very few kids on top teams are happy sitting on the bench. On my kids team the bottom 3rd of the team is miserable most of the time b/c they're not getting enough playing time.

Comment

its money. Clubs are trying to stay afloat, they are trying to survive.

ECNL 1 rosters should be large and ECNL 2 rosters should be small. This way players can move accordingly and find meaningful playing time.

Playing time is earned, its not given.

Comment

list the metrics? if a player is productive on the field its pretty obvious to every one.
              hilarious that a typical club coach is going to track any metrics

Comment

Is it? The most obvious metric our coach tracks is players beating other players 1v1 ..... if his favorite gets 20 possessions, he generally will beat 40-60 players ..... but almost always turns the ball over. I think most coaches think that is a great player by american standards. For me, I see 18 failed opportunities.

Comment

Fat fingers

Fat fingers just needs to fill his deep pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very few kids on top teams are happy sitting on the bench. On my kids team the bottom 3rd of the team is miserable most of the time b/c they're not getting enough playing time.
                    Bottom third of most teams IS the club's profit. Need those kids with stupid parents

Comment

Bottom 17 at FSA you mean. Maybe 1 player from each team are actually good and will go onto a good college career.

Comment

Bottom 17 at FSA you mean. Maybe 1 player from each team are actually good and will go onto a good college career.
                        Even the top kids at fsa end up at crappy schools. But keep at it parents as the mom down the street tells me all the time her kid is going d1... yeah she is at a school that accepts anyone and you're paying full freight

Comment

Still D1 no matter how you cut it .

Comment

Still D1 no matter how you cut it .
                            Low level D1 programs can barely be called that. Many would struggle to bet the top 25 D2 and D3 teams. But if getting $10K to brag about playing D1 at Rider or Marist, have at it.

Comment

Low level D1 programs can barely be called that. Many would struggle to bet the top 25 D2 and D3 teams. But if getting $10K to brag about playing D1 at Rider or Marist, have at it.
                              My kid got invited to visit QU. Said no way.

Comment

Are you people talking girls or boys at FSA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X