Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound FC and WYS Named in Lawsuit

Wow...this article in today's Seattle Times is just shocking and tragic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-sexual-abuse/

Unbelievable that the victim reached out to Washington Youth Soccer in 2019 and they did NOTHING.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow...this article in today's Seattle Times is just shocking and tragic.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-sexual-abuse/

Unbelievable that the victim reached out to Washington Youth Soccer in 2019 and they did NOTHING.
    Not exactly what it says. She wanted a settlement in 2019.

Comment

Yeah, this happened in 2000 apparently. It’s still disgusting, but I can’t see Sound being held liable unless they have just been changing their name is formal business documents and are still a dba of Nationals. I could absolutely see WYS being considered liable, even if no one involved is still with the organization.

Comment

none

Yeah, this happened in 2000 apparently. It’s still disgusting, but I can’t see Sound being held liable unless they have just been changing their name is formal business documents and are still a dba of Nationals. I could absolutely see WYS being considered liable, even if no one involved is still with the organization.
        Merging and/or changing names does not make an organization immune from liability. Imagine if that was all it took to making an organization immune from past negligence.

Comment

I mean...I agree with your opinion but, legally speaking, a case with an incident 20 years ago against an organization that technically doesn’t exist anymore it a pretty extensive reach. They are going to have to prove a “chain of negligence” that finds it way all the way to Sound. Why do you think business owners create multiple different entities all the time? I’m not saying I agree, but it’s the legally smart thing to do and decrease risk exposure.

Comment

Sound FC and Nationals are both the premier club of the same association, which I think is Northshore. I'm sorta surprised that Northshore wasn't named in the lawsuit.

Comment

Sound FC and Nationals are both the premier club of the same association, which I think is Northshore. I'm sorta surprised that Northshore wasn't named in the lawsuit.
              Sound is the merger of Nationals (South Snohomish Youth Soccer) and FC Alliance (Northshore Youth Soccer). Since this was all under Nationals, I could see SSCYSA getting named before NYSA

Comment

20 years later looking to cash in.

Comment

20 years later looking to cash in.
                  I truly hope you aren't a parent with that kind of ignorant comment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X