Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19 fallout for recruitment?

Anybody been hearing any bad news about college recruitment?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are kidding right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Multiple scenarios where seniors are not going to be leaving school so rosters are already full. Going to be a bleak year for the 2021's and likely the 2022's as well.

Yes, a college or university may not be required to count the $$ against scholarship limits next year but that doesn't mean the school will be able to allocate any more money to the program. If there's no money - there's no money.

Comment

Anyone trying to get recruited should be emailing coaches and calling if allowed under NCAA rules. I'm hearing that the dead period is going to extend to Mar 1 so send out whatever film you got, as well as academic info etc In this case, training or scrimmage film is better than nothing, though start with old game film. There are lots of free resources online to get help on managing this situation. Coach Renee Lopez has a book called something like Looking for a Free Ride? and she has a FB group where she gives free advice. My Recruiting Solutions is for volleyball but they have tons of free videos etc with recruiting guidance that can apply to soccer as well. NCSA's paid services are not really worth it but they have a ton of info that can help. Recruiting will not look the same for awhile so being proactive is more important now than ever. All of my kids got recruited at schools they love, but it was a like a job search even in non-Covid times and none of my kids ended up at schools that chased after them aggressively. The process was more slow and steady coutrship with the schools that worked out. So help you kid start emailing and don't rely on club coaches, showcases, camps or anything else to make it happen (though they can help a lot.) Teach your kid how to do a job search.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X