Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clermont FC rebounding

Clermont FC seems to have turned things around since their former leadership (if you could even call them leaders) stepped away. They have a new staff in charge and have done some "common sense" things especially with their In House program. They are running a clinic style program where a coach teaches a skill to all the kids and that is what they work on that night - not like the old days where it was a "free for all" and each coach was doing whatever they wanted and nobody was learning anything.

Their competitive program is on the mend as well, with them adding 5 new teams (up to 20 now). They still only have a couple that would be considered "strong" but it is a major step up from a year ago when nobody was allowed to express an opinion to HW for fear of being thrown out. I have a child in both programs and have been very happy with their presence out at the field and how open their staff is to answering questions about the direction. Not only that, but I've received about 10 emails recently regarding the start of the season - I don't think I received 10 emails total in all the years I have been with the club with the old mgmt. in charge. Major improvement in communication!!

They moved to a new (and more inexpensive) uniform for both programs and all the kids look more professional wearing the same colors and the coaches wearing a different color to stand out. Hopefully this will continue and bring in more of the kids that left (for good reasons). Not to mention, they have not raised the prices ($350/yr) and they are drawing in quality coaches from the area and the local High Schools.

They even have a mission statement on their website - which I've never seen before. It's very refreshing to see so many new teams in all the age groups. We have asked about Rush, Lake County, NTC, IPSA and Ridge and quite honestly with what we hope will be CFC's future, there is nothing about any of them that would make me want to leave to potentially spend more money for a "potential" college scholarship.

I realize coaching is important - but natural talent outweighs coaching any day and I can't see paying for a child's college now through a youth soccer coach when there's no guarantee after all the year's of training that college will be paid for.

It may be naive and close minded - but I'm willing to take my chances with a small town club that has finally opened it's arms to its members and wants to make a difference for both the kids and their families to have an enjoyable experience.

My feeling is that at their price point - if enough players stay together, the competitive teams will get stronger, gain back kids who left and build a very successful program that can compete with the mega clubs that cost $1500+ just to join.

What kills me is that my child's team plays in a lower division and we recently beat a team from a big club (we have friends on the team) - their price tag is well over $1300, ours is $350. Unfortunately, you can't get that through people's minds. Coaching is important, but you can't teach TALENT, why throw away your hard earned money.

People who left - I think you should reconsider CFC. It might save you a lot now for the same outcome later.

Choosing where your child plays for a potential scholarship is silly. one half of a percent of high school athletes get athletic scholarships. If you are happy with your program so be it. Is that $350 for both the fall and spring GCF season? is the uniform included in the kit?

Do you pay for coaching?

Can players go to additional practices?

Do they offer goalie training or finishing school?

Glad to see your club doing well more healthy clubs, more teams more kids playing soccer is good

Comment

CFC Fees

To answer your questions:

The $350 covers registration for both seasons (that is the total). The uniform kit is $125, but it has 2 complete uniform kits (H & A - jersey, shorts, socks), 2 "quick dry" training jerseys and a back pack with uniform number on it. And best of all- we have been given an "unlimited" timetable for the uniform style - meaning it will not be discontinued after 2 years, so as long as it fits they do not have to purchase a new one for years.

We do not "pay" for coaches and most have some type of license (the club pays for it).

They do have basic "goalie training" and additional private GK training (for a small fee).

There is also an additional (3rd practice) voluntary night of speed and agility at no cost.

If my child is happy then I am happy - I agree there are different levels based on commitment, but as I mentioned - you can't teach natural ability. Coaching will help, but it will never bring out what's not there.

Comment

IF coaching does not matter why not cut expenses more and have daddy coaches since as you say you can't teach talent

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Clermont FC seems to have turned things around since their former leadership (if you could even call them leaders) stepped away. They have a new staff in charge and have done some "common sense" things especially with their In House program. They are running a clinic style program where a coach teaches a skill to all the kids and that is what they work on that night - not like the old days where it was a "free for all" and each coach was doing whatever they wanted and nobody was learning anything.

Their competitive program is on the mend as well, with them adding 5 new teams (up to 20 now). They still only have a couple that would be considered "strong" but it is a major step up from a year ago when nobody was allowed to express an opinion to HW for fear of being thrown out. I have a child in both programs and have been very happy with their presence out at the field and how open their staff is to answering questions about the direction. Not only that, but I've received about 10 emails recently regarding the start of the season - I don't think I received 10 emails total in all the years I have been with the club with the old mgmt. in charge. Major improvement in communication!!

They moved to a new (and more inexpensive) uniform for both programs and all the kids look more professional wearing the same colors and the coaches wearing a different color to stand out. Hopefully this will continue and bring in more of the kids that left (for good reasons). Not to mention, they have not raised the prices ($350/yr) and they are drawing in quality coaches from the area and the local High Schools.

They even have a mission statement on their website - which I've never seen before. It's very refreshing to see so many new teams in all the age groups. We have asked about Rush, Lake County, NTC, IPSA and Ridge and quite honestly with what we hope will be CFC's future, there is nothing about any of them that would make me want to leave to potentially spend more money for a "potential" college scholarship.

I realize coaching is important - but natural talent outweighs coaching any day and I can't see paying for a child's college now through a youth soccer coach when there's no guarantee after all the year's of training that college will be paid for.

It may be naive and close minded - but I'm willing to take my chances with a small town club that has finally opened it's arms to its members and wants to make a difference for both the kids and their families to have an enjoyable experience.

My feeling is that at their price point - if enough players stay together, the competitive teams will get stronger, gain back kids who left and build a very successful program that can compete with the mega clubs that cost $1500+ just to join.

What kills me is that my child's team plays in a lower division and we recently beat a team from a big club (we have friends on the team) - their price tag is well over $1300, ours is $350. Unfortunately, you can't get that through people's minds. Coaching is important, but you can't teach TALENT, why throw away your hard earned money.

People who left - I think you should reconsider CFC. It might save you a lot now for the same outcome later.

Thats great news. I am glad to hear things are going well at CFC.

Comment

Really???

IF coaching does not matter why not cut expenses more and have daddy coaches since as you say you can't teach talent
            Where did it say coaching isn't important? What it said was - why pay for college now through exorbitant reg. fees when nothing is guaranteed.

If a player doesn't have what it takes - even the best coach will only get him/her so far.

BTW - how many clubs DO NOT have daddy coaches? I can answer that - the ones where you pay the big bucks for a piece of paper and a foreign accent.

Read the whole post before you respond.

Comment

Fu¢k CFC. You blow your dad's butthole.

Comment

Obviously your kid sucks and could not make a real team!

Enjoy the rec leauge!

Comment

Fu¢k CFC. You blow your dad's butthole.
                  Trolls gonna troll

Comment

The end of the small clubs

I like CFC and some of the other smaller clubs. (Especially the price) The only problem is that there is no place for advancement. If your kid is the best player on a GCF Div III or IV team and CFC only has one team (in many age groups) there is no place for him to advance to. Playing against lower quality players may make the player feel good but it is really not helping him as a player.
                    In some age groups OCYS has 7 or 8 different teams for boys alone. In an age where the bigger clubs keep merging, OCYS, WFF, TBU, etc.. It’s going to be harder and harder for the small clubs to recruit any players that have any ambitions of playing at a level much higher than house league. I can’t say I like it, but it looks like the writing is on the wall for the smaller clubs.

Comment

No rebound, STAY DOWN Clermont. All you EVER had was the 98 Wahoos and they have all gone to Rush. Except for the others at ACYS getting beat down in FSPL.

Comment

No rebound, STAY DOWN Clermont. All you EVER had was the 98 Wahoos and they have all gone to Rush. Except for the others at ACYS getting beat down in FSPL.
                        You're correct and those players couldn't make it there either - they should have stayed at CFC. They pay 4X the price to sit on a bench.

When the colleges come to the showcases they see the former Wahoos carrying the coach's clipboard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X