•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Eric at esims@tbusc.com

Comment

Only 1 D1 team in the U16G Group

The rest of the teams are D2 at best. What a joke. Nobody will even compete with TBU U16G Premier.

Comment

they are ranked #2 in the State, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The TBU U16 Elite team was originally in the upper bracket and dropped due to another club complaining TBU had 2 teams in the top bracket. The parents are not happy about it and pissed the competition will probably not be there
          So its OK in other age group to have multiple TBU teams in the same bracket and group, but not at the U16 age group. Keep laying to your team. That is what the coach (TV)/club (ES/GF) does.

Comment

The TBU U16 Elite team was originally in the upper bracket and dropped due to another club complaining TBU had 2 teams in the top bracket. The parents are not happy about it and pissed the competition will probably not be there

You must be the team mom or coach to have this information.

Then put both TBU teams in the same group, drop PINELLAS COUNTY UNITED, who are ranked 66th, to the lower bracket. Tournaments are to compete at the highest level, not settle for lesser competition. Unless you are Gotsoccer point hunting!!!!

Comment

I am neither, but know what happened. This intermingling of rankings just happened at the Disney Qualifier where there were 2 groups in the U16Girls and a complete mix of ranking positions in both groups. There were higher ranked teams in the lower group than many in the higher group. The winner in the top group received over 1500 points while the winner of the bottom group received much less, around 600. It did not make any sense at all why lower ranked teams were in the top group and multiple higher ranked teams were in the lower. Maybe you can enlighten me!!!

Comment

I am neither, but know what happened. This intermingling of rankings just happened at the Disney Qualifier where there were 2 groups in the U16Girls and a complete mix of ranking positions in both groups. There were higher ranked teams in the lower group than many in the higher group. The winner in the top group received over 1500 points while the winner of the bottom group received much less, around 600. It did not make any sense at all why lower ranked teams were in the top group and multiple higher ranked teams were in the lower. Maybe you can enlighten me!!!
                At the Disney Qualifier there was not a Top group or a Lower group because it is a Qualifier for the big show in Dec. Why would you put all the top ranked teams in one group to knock each other out of the big show, that does not make sense. The groups were pretty even. You receive points based on the teams you play, so by what you have stated the group that received 1500 point must of had higher ranked teams. I myself don't understand the difference in points between the 2 groups as both groups were pretty even when it comes to rankings.

But off the ACDC tournament there should be a clear cut line of who should be in the top group and who should be in the lower group. Based on the current gotsoccer rankings, TBU elite should be playing in the top group, not PCU!!! Please enlighten me on how the TBU elite coach would let this happen. Unless this is the only way he/she can win a game or two and recieve Gotsoccer points to help get in to state cup. Because they are not getting it done in FSPL (0-5, like Lakeland).

Comment

If you are not with the team...How do you know so much??? Why do you care????

Comment

We have friends on the team and like normal, a lot of people bashing a team without knowing the facts.

Comment

We have friends on the team and like normal, a lot of people bashing a team without knowing the facts.
                      HAHAHA, I know more than you think. I know how TBU (ES) places teams and TBU would not place a 66th ranked team in the top group over a team ranked 20th unless the coach requested it.

Comment

did some digging

3 of these teams accepted into CASL and Disney Showcase

I think this will be an interesting upper bracket. TBU Elite is the favorite but anyone of these teams can win the bracket except for possibly Cape Coral.

Cape Coral plays the long ball game which works against lesser teams but not with this group. The better teams are just going to sit back and wait for the long ball and then counter. If you shut the two forwards down then CC has lost any chance of scoring much.

Lakeland can't be counted out despite a miserable showing at Disney Qualifier. There are a number of quality players on the team and if they have a good weekend they can win it all. They are not the Lakeland of old but there are enough of the same players back to make a difference.

TBU Elite is a good team but think they are so much better than they really are. Okay... I admit it I don't like them but I don't think they are going to win this bracket because they will have to beat too many good teams to win. This is not SC where you somehow manage to get an easy bracket to advance on. BUT if they do win I will congratulate them and good for them... but I still don't like them.

Florida Force has been winning though they have not been playing a lot of top teams in the state so it's hard to gauge how good they are. They got a lot of points last year for coming in 6th Place in their league. Lucky for them they had PV and a few other highly ranked teams in there league to boost up those got soccer points. So not sure how well they will do but they could possibly win it.

Florida Kraze will be in the finals. They are a strong team and have been playing solid soccer this season. They are well coached and they are discipline in their play. They don't panic so being down a goal or two will not change their play until late in the game and at that point everything is fair game in play.

GTBFC is a dark horse in the mix. They have been scoring a lot of goals but against very weak opponents. They have good ball control and the defense is solid. Multiple girls are scoring so it's hard to just shut down one player and not have 2 or 3 others score on you. The biggest question is can they play well against a strong field of teams that are close in rankings like this bracket seems to be. GTBFC has to get by TBU and FKK to get into the finals.

So here are my Predictions. Florida Kraze is in the finals. TBU has a good chance to make the finals but not enough to win. Lakeland could win out and make it to the finals but lose to FKK. Dark horse GTBFC. Florida Force and Cape Coral are out of contention.

Comment

So you have friends on the team... so you know how bad they really are, 0-5 in FSPL.

Comment

TBU's tournament has always been a joke for the 13 and older age groups. The TBU staff has always set up brackets so that one of their teams will have the easier path to the finals. It is their tournament so they can do that if they please as nothing is fair in love and war...and soccer! Seriously, if you were to do a search on this site and bring up the TBU ACDC tournament threads over the past few years (or longer), you will read these same issues coming up every single year. It's like Groundhog Day... all over again!

Comment

TBU's tournament has always been a joke for the 13 and older age groups. The TBU staff has always set up brackets so that one of their teams will have the easier path to the finals. It is their tournament so they can do that if they please as nothing is fair in love and war...and soccer! Seriously, if you were to do a search on this site and bring up the TBU ACDC tournament threads over the past few years (or longer), you will read these same issues coming up every single year. It's like Groundhog Day... all over again!
                              I don't like it either but what club doesn't do this at their own tournament?

Comment

I don't like it either but what club doesn't do this at their own tournament?
                                A couple of the fields at Ed Radice are completely unplayable right now. Like minefields! I hope TBU has several trainers on hand through the weekend to deal with ankle and knee sprains and twists. I have a the feeling a lot of complaints will be coming ES way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X