Shake Up in Dunedin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no answers means that they do not know. It will probably be posted a week before tryouts

Comment

What's it matter if Tobin left, the club was horrible under Tobin, so why continue to pay to be horrible when you can be horrible for free.

Comment

I smell a merger

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I smell a merger
          They are in the same boat as Celtic and Strictly, as Dunedin only has a rec program with about 250 kids which is quite small, so therefore like Celtic and Strictly the club struggles to turn a profit. I don't see any club merging with any of these three clubs, now they could somehow merge together, at least that would be an option for Strictly and Celtic, and Dunedin could maybe look to Oldsmar and Tarpon for a merger. Really the only viable club in Pinellas County that is attractive in a merger is PCU, because of the size of their rec program. I think the larger clubs have shied away from PCU because the club is known to be quite disorganized and managed terribly, similar to how the Sousa family ran Largo. It would not be surprising to see WFF merge with PCU, as long as WFF was able to remove the leadership at PCU, the Larg oand St. Pete market is large enough to have two good clubs, when you consider that Celtic and Strictly are considered bottom tier clubs. As far as Dunedin, I don't see them merging, but from what I hear they are wanting to do away with the competitive program and focus solely on recreational soccer. The current leadership is very inexperienced and from what I have been told they don't understand what is needed to build a strong club program of competitive teams and would like to just get away from the whole competitive atmosphere.

Comment

I agree with you that no one is going to take on Dunedin, Strictly or Celtic as a merger partner because the clubs have financial issues. My disagreement with you is that you feel PCU is a good club, there might not be a worse club in the Tampa area, the club has been a train wreck since Kai took it over and keeps getting worse. No one is going to merge with them, it would be stupid to even try knowing al lthe problems that exist at PCU. Eventually, one of the three of Celtic, Strictly and PCU will simply close their doors like Everton has done. We have a couple of kids that came over from Dunedin after all the turmoil there, they pretty much say the same thing that a husband and wife have taken over the club and are clueless and have no idea on how to run a soccer club. Our club offered the rising U16 girls team a slot at our club as a Premiere team with access to the CDL, they have a super coach and from what we have heard the parents love his work, but for some reason they elected to stay at Dunedin which is looking like a lost cause because they are phasing out competitive soccer and going to an all recreational type of club.

Comment

very few if any parents live near Largo, Duendin draws most of their players from Dunedin and Palm Harbor areas. The club had a total of 3 kids that were residents of the Clearwater School system, and no kids further south than that.
              Oldsmar has 12 teams this year, not too late to jump ship. I think you can jump ship up until mid to late June w/ no penalites and a full refund.

Comment

I agree with you that no one is going to take on Dunedin, Strictly or Celtic as a merger partner because the clubs have financial issues. My disagreement with you is that you feel PCU is a good club, there might not be a worse club in the Tampa area, the club has been a train wreck since Kai took it over and keeps getting worse. No one is going to merge with them, it would be stupid to even try knowing al lthe problems that exist at PCU. Eventually, one of the three of Celtic, Strictly and PCU will simply close their doors like Everton has done. We have a couple of kids that came over from Dunedin after all the turmoil there, they pretty much say the same thing that a husband and wife have taken over the club and are clueless and have no idea on how to run a soccer club. Our club offered the rising U16 girls team a slot at our club as a Premiere team with access to the CDL, they have a super coach and from what we have heard the parents love his work, but for some reason they elected to stay at Dunedin which is looking like a lost cause because they are phasing out competitive soccer and going to an all recreational type of club.
                When you lie like you did above does it bother you at all? Do you get joy put of being a scumbag? All you do all day is make up stupid outrageous lies. Hey loser...Celtic is not in any financial problems, they are not in any danger of closing the doors as you say. You are an idiot, simply put

Comment

Oldsmar has 12 teams this year, not too late to jump ship. I think you can jump ship up until mid to late June w/ no penalites and a full refund.

What age groups do they have girls teams?

Comment

When you lie like you did above does it bother you at all? Do you get joy put of being a scumbag? All you do all day is make up stupid outrageous lies. Hey loser...Celtic is not in any financial problems, they are not in any danger of closing the doors as you say. You are an idiot, simply put
                    I stand by mo comment that within three years one of these three clubs will shutter their doors: Celtic, Strictly, of PCU. TBU West will continue to grow and this will cut the amount of children that are available to enroll at these clubs. Your claim that Celtic is on firm financial ground is untrue, ti's well known that they have had to take kids at no cost in order to field teams, eventually this catches up with you.

Comment

I stand by mo comment that within three years one of these three clubs will shutter their doors: Celtic, Strictly, of PCU. TBU West will continue to grow and this will cut the amount of children that are available to enroll at these clubs. Your claim that Celtic is on firm financial ground is untrue, ti's well known that they have had to take kids at no cost in order to field teams, eventually this catches up with you.
                      Wow...there you go again lying thru what teeth you have left. Celtic has no problem fielding teams, they have 2 teams in most age groups. I know your life didn't turn out the way you hoped but hating other people will not make it better

Comment

Not being at Dunedin, but wondering how can a husband and wife serve on the Board of Directors, this is called collusion, and is illegal. Shame to see Dunedin doing away with their competitive program, they have been around for along time and had some good teams over the years. Has anyone tried to force the husband and wife out to save the club? It seems strange that a husband and wife would have so much power that they can dismantle a whole club program.

Comment

Yawn, all the Dunedin teams stunk before, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the club is getting rid of competitive soccer.

Comment

According to their website, Oldsmar has mostly girls teams U10,11,12,13,14,15 17 and 18. Not sure which are full if any or if they are even a viable option........

Comment

Let me get this straight about Dunedin:

1. They have a husband and wife both on the Board of Directors.

2. They let go one of the most respected DOCS in soccer in Tobin

3. The club has no VP of Competitive Soccer

4. The club has no replacement for Tobin as the new DOC.

5. The club has had a major drop in competitive teams.

6. The clubs new leadership wants to turn the club into a rec only club.

Okay, for the citizens of Dunedin, aren't the things mentioned above quite alarming to you? Has anyone informed the city of Dunedin about all of this turmoil? I wonder if the teams on the competitive side are aware that they will not have training from a DOC, will the club refund funds to these parents, since a big selling point of club is to have a professional trainer. If I didn't know better, this is looking like Largo United under Al Sousa, he took that club down the road of failure until the club tanked and had huge drop offs in kids and had to be bailed out by TBU. How many rec kids does Dunedin have, I'm guessing 300 at most, but that wont pay the bills, in addition the talented rec kids will leave Dunedin because there is no option to play for a competitive team. Someone needs to call this husband and wife out, they should not be given such power to run out Tobin, to close down the competitive program, they have no idea what they are doing.

Comment

Let me get this straight about Dunedin:

1. They have a husband and wife both on the Board of Directors.

2. They let go one of the most respected DOCS in soccer in Tobin

3. The club has no VP of Competitive Soccer

4. The club has no replacement for Tobin as the new DOC.

5. The club has had a major drop in competitive teams.

6. The clubs new leadership wants to turn the club into a rec only club.

Okay, for the citizens of Dunedin, aren't the things mentioned above quite alarming to you? Has anyone informed the city of Dunedin about all of this turmoil? I wonder if the teams on the competitive side are aware that they will not have training from a DOC, will the club refund funds to these parents, since a big selling point of club is to have a professional trainer. If I didn't know better, this is looking like Largo United under Al Sousa, he took that club down the road of failure until the club tanked and had huge drop offs in kids and had to be bailed out by TBU. How many rec kids does Dunedin have, I'm guessing 300 at most, but that wont pay the bills, in addition the talented rec kids will leave Dunedin because there is no option to play for a competitive team. Someone needs to call this husband and wife out, they should not be given such power to run out Tobin, to close down the competitive program, they have no idea what they are doing.
                                You obviously are drinking someone's Kool Aid. Tobin QUIT, ABANDONED, DUMPED, etc exactly six days before this year's tryouts with no warning. Did the club seek legal relief for breach of contract? No - those in charge decided to move forward and do all they could to keep kids playing. If DT is "it" for youth soccer, why isn't PCU suddenly featured on ESPN as the next provider for the USMNT?

Get a life and bash someone else's club, junior.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X