Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCYS Consolidated Thread

Should the soccer club's DOC also be incharge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club
    the only one like this ?
    Time to move on - Sick of the hate
    93.86%
    Don't try to control me and my opinions!!
    6.14%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should the soccer club's DOC also be incharge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club
    the only one like this ?
    The BOD should have a Treasurer or even better a Treasury Committee

Comment

Should the soccer club's DOC also be in charge of club's money ? Is my sons soccer club the only one like this ?
      I don't know - to which club does your son belong?

If the club is structured such that the DOC handles all the money, then so be it. Everyone makes their own choice as to which club they join and pay fees, etc.

Personal experience: chose NOT to consider try-outs for a particular team/club when I repeatedly heard "horror stories" from several different families of money mismanagement by a DOC who handled all the club's financial transactions.

Some folks are honest, and some aren't. You decide who to trust.

Comment

the only one like this ?
        I'm sure yours is not the only one. I know the DOC at Fishhawk (RS) was set up this way when it first started and it did cause issues and concerns. They did not have a BOD at the time and it was later corrected with the formation of a BOD with a treasurers position.

IMHO its probably not the best idea to lay this on the DOC. You're looking for soccer skills in a DOC and are probably best letting them focus on that.

Comment

Is DCO director of coaching or director of club ? The board members are picked by the DOC. What are the beginning steps for changing the club's operation . I DO NOT THINK IT SHOULD BE A ONE MAN SHOW. I THINK THE BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD BE VOTED ON BY CLUB MEMBERS . PLEASE GIVE US SOME IDEAS

Comment

Is DCO director of coaching or director of club ? The board members are picked by the DOC.
            DOC is most commonly referring to the Director of Coaching - generally a paid trainer who set corriculum for other coaches, helps with coaching assignments, etc. A Club Director is usually called the DOS (Director of Soccer) and sometimes exists with a BOD or without (if they exist at all). Their focus is usually more on club activities e.g. schedules, tourny hosting, etc.

IMHO there should always be a BOD that hires the DOC and makes the decision around whether or not to have a DOS. The DOC should NOT be picking a Board as the Board should - in essense - be the "managers" of the club and the DOC a "supervisor" directing a specific function of the club.

Comment

the only one like this ?
              Soccer clubs come in many sizes and have varied structures.

There is surely more than one club where the DOC also serves as the General Manager, Administrator, Registrar, Trainer, Tournament Director and chief bottle washer.

While there is nothing inherently sinister about the DOC being in charge of the club's money, a qualified board treasurer, with oversight responsibility, will help the parents feel more comfortable and help avoid the appearance of any impropriaty.

Comment

I am happy to teach you profoundly about the concept of regret.

Famous quote from last night emanated from somewhere north or Indiantown Rd. Can you name the person responsible for this quote on TS?

Comment

Famous quote from last night emanated from somewhere north or Indiantown Rd. Can you name the person responsible for this quote on TS?
                  my first thought was that it could have been something chief crazy horse and/or sitting bull might have said to custer (at his last stand!)

Comment

I'd say it was probably muttered from yur mother to your father very shortly after you were conceived...or a similar circumstance.

Comment

My guess would be something to do with FC Florida. Every other thread is about them. Why not start a new one?

Comment

I'd say it was probably muttered from yur mother to your father very shortly after you were conceived...or a similar circumstance.
                        Clever but sorry, no points for you.

Comment

Quote #2:

I was dirt poor growing up and my dad never gave. E anything but love.

Comment

Jajaja

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave me out of this debate *******. Yes, you have touched a nerve. Don't say anorher word about my son or my family. What kind of a person does such a thing?

Let me be direct...you are a liar and you should be ashamed. I have donated countless days and more to help hundreds of kids. I have never engineered the program to suit my kids. Believe me, after writing a check for $300,000 I certainly could have built any team and secured any trainer for my kids. I didn't. I was dirt poor growing up and my dad never gave. E anything but love. My kids are ridiculously polite to all they meet and they work their butts off for everything they have. They actually love passing more than scoring. Your kids would know that. If you knew them, or had any sense of decency, you would shut your adult mouth and leave my kids out of this. Nobody deserves the **** I get simply for trying to help.

My preference at the beginning of the season was to break away from the Kicks before ever starting FC Florida. The board of FCF made a compelling argument to stay together and combine the north and the south. PF and I then agreed to support that plan, paying significant amounts to support families and kids that we had never met...you know, the kind of families that take your donation and talk behind your back. Nonetheless, it still feels good to help the kids, even if their parents missed the lessons on manners.

After this decision, the board met with the coaches and tried to blend north and south. Certain coaches fought this. I love Richard as a guy, but he will quickly concede that he fought this plan from the board. Awkward obviously. He is an employee that did not support the club's decision. We committed to keep north together with south and it was not an easy sell. It took a while on the u13. It never really happened on the u12. We couldn't even get the coaches together for joint sessions.

I told my employee Jelko to schedule his days for training down south. He is an incredible trainer and every parent in the U12s has seen his results in the team play and fitness of his kids. I have heard both sides as to why it didnt happen. But the plan was not a north-south rivalry, but a union.

As for my family, i told my wife that we would prepare for alternating practices down south. I sent my younger son on a regular basis to play and practice on the south teams whenever he was invited starting last year. He was thrilled. We believed in the creation of a true division one team and a pure sivision two team that would allow kids to get development and playing time...and prove their way onto division one...or enjoy division two. We addressed the parents in a joint workout and explained that they should let us know their preference. We did everything to convince the coaches to cooperate with this...and only a few parents chose to communicate their preferences. It didn't work. I don't really care why at this point. Personalities, misinformation, lack of adherence from employees, etc. Heck, I even proposed that if we made RW the D1 coach and used Jelko as trainer, maybe that would work. It didn't go far as an idea.

But I am sure it's easy to anonymously point fingers at the rich ******* and talk about what you don't know. It's so hard for you to think that somebody in my position would ever do anything for anybody else. But if your stupid enough to think that I could not have built a team around my son, then good luck in life...you can't be helped. We are very happy to play our kids wherever they qualify, D1 or D2, north or south. If I wasn't interested in the south, why would I have put so much into it?

To close, say one more f'ing thing about my kid, or tell one more lie about me, and I am happy to teach you profoundly about the concept of regret.

Going forward, I'll say this. I am tired if trying to help people that take philanthropy or the benefits of the program and spit in the face of donors. So please take off. Just give me the pleasure of knowing which ******* you are. Call me. I'll be polite. I really just want to know you're gone. And if you take the whole team to another club, I am great with that. Just man up and own your words.

Comment

WOW! He didn't say ANYTHING! At least not in his post. Best I can tell, all he did was quote you. Are your meds running low or something? Scary.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X