• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your id shows you are FCA
    goes to show what you know.

Comment

We have answered your questions so far. Now it is your turn to answer:
      1. Is OCYS following any guidelines such as US Youth Soccer or US Club Soccer?
      2. What is OCYS's competetive youth soccer player development model is?
      - Is it approved by the BOD and DOC? (They are held responsible for their role defined by USSF)
      3. What qualifies OCYS to apply for competetive and FPL/NPL leagues/tournaments? What training standards are you following to qualify?
      4. Have you filed change notification with FYSA when you modified your training program?

Comment

We have answered your questions so far. Now it is your turn to answer:
        1. Is OCYS following any guidelines such as US Youth Soccer or US Club Soccer?
        2. What is OCYS's competetive youth soccer player development model is?
        - Is it approved by the BOD and DOC? (They are held responsible for their role defined by USSF)
        3. What qualifies OCYS to apply for competetive and FPL/NPL leagues/tournamnets? What training standards are you following to qualify?
        4. Have you filed change notification with FYSA when you modified your training program?
        My apologies, I haven't followed the thread prior to the last day. If you wouldn't mind, I would be very appreciative if you could repeat what the club said when you approached them about these issues? I am genuinely interested, and it seems to be a large concern of yours, so I am hoping you could share your information to help others.

Comment

My apologies, I haven't followed the thread prior to the last day. If you wouldn't mind, I would be very appreciative if you could repeat what the club said when you approached them about these issues? I am genuinely interested, and it seems to be a large concern of yours, so I am hoping you could share your information to help others.
          Very easy to call the club and ask.
          They will happy to share their player development program any time you ask.
          Did you try?

Comment

Very easy to call the club and ask.
            They will happy to share their player development program any time you ask.
            Did you try?
            Actually I have, and was very clearly told the practice schedule, playing style, development goals and playing levels. My question was for the poster who indicated a concern for the non adherence to various league rules. He/she has spoken to OCYS about it, and I was wondering what their response was. Hopefully he/she is willing to share. I hoped to be as polite as possible and I apologize if anyone took offense, as it was not intended.

Comment

Actually I have, and was very clearly told the practice schedule, playing style, development goals and playing levels. My question was for the poster who indicated a concern for the non adherence to various league rules. He/she has spoken to OCYS about it, and I was wondering what their response was. Hopefully he/she is willing to share. I hoped to be as polite as possible and I apologize if anyone took offense, as it was not intended.
              So nice of you for taking this initiative. Much appreciated.
              Can you please share what they told you about their practice schedule and how it meets their player development model and meets which target standards?

Comment

We do agree more training is required for all. We believe those GB /CM teams should get 4 days. All other teams should also get minimum 3 days and 4th optional for either skills or SAQ (based on team level evaluation)
                We also believe Boys and Girls should be treated equally for training opportunities.

What OCYS has done:
                1. cut training to each and everyone in the club- compared to what we used to get at EOS, CFU, Kraze/Krush, FCA....probably every club.
                2. FEEs have been increased
                3. League costs and coaches league game costs are transferred to team accounts
                4. Records show they WILL NOT pick from PERPLE OR any lower teams for ECNL or DA
                - that is because they effectively destroyed those kids growth potential by denying training opportunities

Then few teams under SELECT Highly PAID Coaches are looking good by showing 3 days training compared to other teams 2 days. Reality is they have reduced from 4 days to 3 for few and
                reduced 4 days to 2 for every other team at same level!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                Here is a list of the teams and their practice schedule. http://www.orlandocityyouth.org/Acad...s/index_E.html
                There may be a couple of teams whose coach has scheduled a 3rd practice but those are few and far between. Older teams will be on break starting sometime in October till January or February when High School is over. During that time they are still expected to compete in Showcase and other tournaments. And please no one come on here and tell us how great high school soccer season and training is.

I filtered and sorted that list. It shows U-9 thru U-12 Boys purple teams (GB and CM) having 3 times per week practices.
                All other teams have 2 practices, including Purple Girls teams at same age level.
                Flavio wants to know if this above statement is true?

OCYS is totally out of line with US Club soccer requirements. Who is responsible?

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/wp-conte...2012-02-16.pdf

See the season plan by age on page 62 onwards:

http://resources.ussoccer.com/n7v8b8...Curriculum.pdf

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/...ment_Model.pdf

OCYS is totally out of line with US Club soccer requirements. Who is responsible?

Comment

I think the club has somewhat of an excuse. Maybe they deserve a bit of a break on this one?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...929-story.html
                  OCYS Parent again. The fields were in decreasing condition before the rains. The heavy rains did not cause the sand pits, holes, and 3 different kinds of grass on the field.
                  I'm not knocking the club. My child is very happy. I believe she is treated fairly. The 8v8 & 6v6 fields are not good anymore. They need to be fixed. I believe there is an increasing chance for ankle & kneee injury... I have confidence that this will get fixed.

Comment

We do agree more training is required for all. We believe those GB /CM teams should get 4 days. All other teams should also get minimum 3 days and 4th optional for either skills or SAQ (based on team level evaluation)
                    We also believe Boys and Girls should be treated equally for training opportunities.

What OCYS has done:
                    1. cut training to each and everyone in the club- compared to what we used to get at EOS, CFU, Kraze/Krush, FCA....probably every club.
                    4. Records show they WILL NOT pick from PERPLE OR any lower teams for ECNL or DA
                    - that is because they effectively destroyed those kids growth potential by denying training opportunities

Then few teams under SELECT Highly PAID Coaches are looking good by showing 3 days training compared to other teams 2 days. Reality is they have reduced from 4 days to 3 for few and

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Here is a list of the teams and their practice schedule. http://www.orlandocityyouth.org/Acad...s/index_E.html
                    There may be a couple of teams whose coach has scheduled a 3rd practice but those are few and far between. Older teams will be on break starting sometime in October till January or February when High School is over. During that time they are still expected to compete in Showcase and other tournaments. And please no one come on here and tell us how great high school soccer season and training is.

I filtered and sorted that list. It shows U-9 thru U-12 Boys purple teams (GB and CM) having 3 times per week practices.
                    All other teams have 2 practices, including Purple Girls teams at same age level.
                    Flavio wants to know if this above statement is true?

See the season plan by age on page 62 onwards:

http://resources.ussoccer.com/n7v8b8...Curriculum.pdf

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/...ment_Model.pdf

The 4 days of training that you believe the younger players should receive is totally out of line with US Club soccer requirements that you have posted. Who is responsible? FYSA should fine you for promoting training in excess of US Club soccer requirements. I'm going to file a preliminary complaint with FYSA, FIFA, CDL, FPL, ACDC, USDA, DHS, EPA, DOJ, ATF, ADF, BLM, CDC, DOE, and every other organization that I can think of. You are in BIG BIG TROUBLE now.

Comment

Can you please share what they told you about their practice schedule and how it meets their player development model and meets which target standards?
                      You are going to take the word of an anonymous person on the internet, because you are too much of a coward to ask the club yourself?

It is clear that you aren't as concerned with this as you would like for us to believe, probably because you aren't even at OCYS. Just a troll trying to cause trouble.

Comment

What OCYS has done:

With all due respect I am becoming a bit dubious of your info due to inaccuracies. Regarding your item #4 above, I know for a fact there there are several U14 and U16 players who previously played Purple. And there are several Purple players who were on white or red teams previously.

If you could either indicate what the OCYS reaction to your concerns were or indicate that you have not raised your concerns. With respect, that would go a long way towards indicating if you are seriously looking for a change or are simply enjoying time on TS.

Comment

OCYS Parent again. The fields were in decreasing condition before the rains. The heavy rains did not cause the sand pits, holes, and 3 different kinds of grass on the field.
                          I'm not knocking the club. My child is very happy. I believe she is treated fairly. The 8v8 & 6v6 fields are not good anymore. They need to be fixed. I believe there is an increasing chance for ankle & kneee injury... I have confidence that this will get fixed.
                          OCYS parent here. Would agree that the fields were starting to show some wear. The problem is that fixing them may require more than 1 or 2 days in a row without heavy rains, which hasn't happened for a good while now.

Comment

For the age group that I was inquiring, based on the current game schedule the 2x per week plus training session was the schedule. This due to the fact that there have been many weekends with 2+ games due to tournaments, NPL and SSL.

Come late Oct the schedule will defer to HS soccer.

Late Winter will be either 2 or 3 sessions per week depending on game schedules.

Current practice times vary a bit until a move to lighted fields for Winter.

Practices are also supplemented with scrimmages against other squads, DA, Montverde, etc.

All training is tied to specific individual and team goals and strategies and they were kind enough to share a few of those. For competitive reason I won't share here :)

Bottom line I was satisfied that there was a thought process behind the plan, but again my questions were for our age groups. Can't speak to girls or older/younger teams.

For the poster who has mention frequently his/her issues with training, how does this compare to what you were told when you confronted them with your concerns?

Comment

OCYS parent here. Would agree that the fields were starting to show some wear. The problem is that fixing them may require more than 1 or 2 days in a row without heavy rains, which hasn't happened for a good while now.
                              Agree, another issue is the fields are used 7 days a week. This would have to be a planned effort. I think it's going to get worse before better.

Comment

Agree, another issue is the fields are used 7 days a week. This would have to be a planned effort. I think it's going to get worse before better.
                                Agreed, now that DA/ECNL are in full swing the fields won't get much rest until the winter break.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X