X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It has everything to do with the coach
    I’ll play along. LT was an idiot and he won games. It has everything to do with the conference. Anson would struggle in the AAC.

Comment

Hahaha. PC has never done anything in soccer. Win an NCAA tournament game or even a conference and then get back to me. If they were half as good as the parents think they are, they’d be good. Unfortunately, they are not. UConn returning to the Big East will not help that. UConn has a lousy year last year but was in the top 20 just 3 seasons ago. PC went down and lost to Duke and UNC. Wooo hooo!
      Get back to me after PC embarrasses UCONN on 8/22

Comment

Completely ignorant comment. Explain why then, that UConn was a consistent power while in the Bug East? Reached a National Final. Same school. Same academics. Same coaches. The slide began with the conference change. Yes, a few good programs joined the ACC, but the BE is still a solid soccer conference and more importantly has name recognition that will attract students. I expect that UConn will blow past PC in relatively short order.
        You just stated the problem....same coach. He got older and lazier.

To the guy who was trashing the patriot league, sorry, UConn academics don’t stand up to Colgate, alumni network As good as Bucknell, no where near the tradition of West Point or Annapolis, doesn’t have the quality of a program like the engineering program at Lehigh.

As for UConn vs PC in August. I am rolling with PC and giving two goals.

Comment

OK snob. Higher learning or not D1 level player? What is interest? An email to camp or a visit and offer? It is good enough for many talented athletes in numerous sports, but not yours???? showed interest is funny...haha
          Good luck wasting money on your "higher aspiration" ID camps!!!
          https://nypost.com/2019/06/29/suny-p...akes-me-happy/

This is the type of “professor” you get at a state school. Note, he isn’t a racist though, but he says trump is. Freedom of speech.....got to love it.

Comment

Completely ignorant comment. Explain why then, that UConn was a consistent power while in the Bug East? Reached a National Final. Same school. Same academics. Same coaches. The slide began with the conference change. Yes, a few good programs joined the ACC, but the BE is still a solid soccer conference and more importantly has name recognition that will attract students. I expect that UConn will blow past PC in relatively short order.
            As someone who just went through the process, I think it’s actually quite accurate. AAC v. Big East doesn’t matter. Except for P5, where deals are guaranteed for 4 years, or high end academic conferences, a school’s conference is hardly a factor to a recruit.

Comment

As someone who just went through the process, I think it’s actually quite accurate. AAC v. Big East doesn’t matter. Except for P5, where deals are guaranteed for 4 years, or high end academic conferences, a school’s conference is hardly a factor to a recruit.
              That’s almost laughable. You don’t think the level of play, academics, television, rivalries and travel along with missed class time isn’t a factor in the decision? I hope your daughter got some advice from someone other than yourself. No offense.

Comment

That’s almost laughable. You don’t think the level of play, academics, television, rivalries and travel along with missed class time isn’t a factor in the decision? I hope your daughter got some advice from someone other than yourself. No offense.
                Level of play? AAC/Big East indistinguishable. Travel? Same. Television? It’s women’s soccer. Rivalries? What rivalries? Academics? That’s a function of the school, not the conference, and only one elite school in the Big East in any event.

Comment

Level of play? AAC/Big East indistinguishable. Travel? Same. Television? It’s women’s soccer. Rivalries? What rivalries? Academics? That’s a function of the school, not the conference, and only one elite school in the Big East in any event.
                  Look, I have been following this thread and I am not anti state school or UConn for that matter. However, aac has no elite academic schools. Sorry.

Comment

TV contracts for basketball makes money to support other sports. Rivalries are based on proximity. Nova. PC. UConn. GTown. St Johns. No one is excited to play UCF and USF. Lol. Travel isn’t anywhere near the same. Lol. Two FL schools. TN. TX. Good lord. Closest trip is Temple. The BE has a couple of flights out to the midwest. The rest are bus trips. Academics? Don’t make me laugh. The BE is lights years better academically.

You have cornered the market on stupidity. Congratulations.

Comment

Moving to the Big East is going to save the UConn athletic department. Nobody in CT cares about the worst ever D1 football program

Comment

Moving to the Big East is going to save the UConn athletic department. Nobody in CT cares about the worst ever D1 football program
                        That's what drove the decision - trying to rescue football and basketball.

Comment

Look, I have been following this thread and I am not anti state school or UConn for that matter. However, aac has no elite academic schools. Sorry.
                          And the Big East has one. So what. Why would that push someone towards UCONN if that wasn’t for the right school for them?

Comment

TV contracts for basketball makes money to support other sports. Rivalries are based on proximity. Nova. PC. UConn. GTown. St Johns. No one is excited to play UCF and USF. Lol. Travel isn’t anywhere near the same. Lol. Two FL schools. TN. TX. Good lord. Closest trip is Temple. The BE has a couple of flights out to the midwest. The rest are bus trips. Academics? Don’t make me laugh. The BE is lights years better academically.

You have cornered the market on stupidity. Congratulations.
                            After 4 years you get a college degree, not a conference degree. If UCONN is the right degree for a kid, great. (And given that it’s a solid school at a decent price, it may well be.) But the degree gets no more valuable to the kid because she was on GUs campus twice. It’s the school, not the conference, and I challenge anyone who’s actually gone the process to demonstrate a school’s conference played more than an incidental role in the outcome. I’d particularly like to hear from someone who turned down UCONN who would have made a different decision had they known they were headed to the Big East.

Comment

And the Big East has one. So what. Why would that push someone towards UCONN if that wasn’t for the right school for them?
                              Totally agree. The majority of players, especially female, are focused on the school choice first and foremost. More boys will get fixated on soccer than girls but even then most will still choose based on the school. Outside of players gunning for maybe the ACC or PAC 12 (which have their fair share of great schools) most will look at the quality of the program and coaching WITHIN their conference over what the actual conference is. Overall competitive level of the conference is going to be third for most. A good example would be a player looking at both UCONN and UMASS. Both biggish state schools, neither near a big city, one with a much better recent track record....but will the conference they play in drive the choice? Probably not much - school fit and overall soccer quality, coaches etc

Comment

UConn Women’s soccer is not getting any better. The AAC really hurt them and it will be awhile before they get back on the national scene. Incoming players are not world beaters and with a pathetic non conference schedule they will not draw in top level recruits. Top players from CT are not going to UConn which is a huge problem. Losing out on players like LH to Brown, CS to Rutgers, JB to BC, PM to OSU, KL to Mich, CD to Louisville, AA to BC, CO to Providence, MF to Villanova, LS to West Virginia, EM to Georgetown - I’m sure I missed other top CT talent not at UConn but I hope you see my point. UConn needs a coach that can keep the top talent in state for college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X