Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca Field Update !!!!!!!

So I was wondering when the fields may get laid down over in Kings Park. The other day the coaches said they were not sure if they would be ready for the fall, as the town is holding up progress they have been told. So I asked my friend who has a neighbor who works in the building department. This is what he was told:
    Barca has a company building the facility for them, so I don't know if this is what they have been telling Barca or Barca is slowing it down trying to build up the program more to be able to make it financially viable.
    That said, according to the town building department, all the permits and approvals are in place. They have no restrictions to move forward......

So no more issues as far as the town.... So now lets see what they get done.....

Cue the haters, in 3, 2, 1

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So I was wondering when the fields may get laid down over in Kings Park. The other day the coaches said they were not sure if they would be ready for the fall, as the town is holding up progress they have been told. So I asked my friend who has a neighbor who works in the building department. This is what he was told:
      Barca has a company building the facility for them, so I don't know if this is what they have been telling Barca or Barca is slowing it down trying to build up the program more to be able to make it financially viable.
      That said, according to the town building department, all the permits and approvals are in place. They have no restrictions to move forward......

So no more issues as far as the town.... So now lets see what they get done.....
      Well I just spoke with my friend and he said you’re lying. Checkmate

Comment

my bet is that there will be no fields built for the fall!!!!!!...its ok though as my wife and i have allocated $3000 in gas expenses for attending practices all over nassau county for the year. :)

Comment

my bet is that there will be no fields built for the fall!!!!!!...its ok though as my wife and i have allocated $3000 in gas expenses for attending practices all over nassau county for the year. :)
          What a shame. Your 9th grade son will be in college before they build these fields. Good luck

Comment

Keep the members hooked for another year......

They will be ready next fall, promise.

Comment

Well I just spoke with my friend and he said you’re lying. Checkmate
              Nope.... call the building department yourself if you have the stones... there are no more restrictions on the building permits. The town specifically said its all up to the builder now....

Comment

Nope.... call the building department yourself if you have the stones... there are no more restrictions on the building permits. The town specifically said its all up to the builder now....
                That is incorrect. There is pending litigation still for the $200k so they will not start again, trust me.

Comment

there may not be any building restrictions by the town however there is a well documented lawsuit over the property that is another issue entirely.....my guess is another 2 years at best.

Comment

It still won't be built for the fall even if there aren't anymore town restrictions. But then again, SUSA won't have their fields for the fall either. These massive projects take time.

Comment

there may not be any building restrictions by the town however there is a well documented lawsuit over the property that is another issue entirely.....my guess is another 2 years at best.
                      The lawsuit was settled.

Comment

The lawsuit was settled.
                        i hope your right.

Comment

can anyone help me find good field training? i hear fields make good football players.

Comment

can anyone help me find good field training? i hear fields make good football players.
                            Love the sarcasm!! These idiots think Barca parents care about the fields being built. We care about the great training Barca provides. Everything else is secondary!

Comment

Love the sarcasm!! These idiots think Barca parents care about the fields being built. We care about the great training Barca provides. Everything else is secondary!
                              As a 2 year (going on 3) barca parent...i would definitely like to save the $3000 yr just to travel to practice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X