Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a n00b. If you had been around soccer for more than a week, you would know that winning and developing are mutually exclusive. That means, you can't do both. Clearly, FSA is focused on player development, which is what your kid needs if they are going to rock a D1 full-boat scholarship.
    I wouldn't say they are mutually exclusive. Part of developing is learning how to manage a game, learning how to win or how to play from behind. So, it does have a relevance.

But, if you are trying to apply something in a game environment and it goes wrong, you try again. Sometimes, that means you sacrifice a win in the process, but later on you don't sacrifice anything.

Comment

Hopefully the person talking about getting rid of the State Cup in the other post isn't from this team. Similar things could be said about spending all that cash for a record like that.

"But we are developing" is that the motto that is said when you're not winning? Sad thing is parents don't even care and will just write the check for next season.
      The sad thing is that you care so much about the decisions of others.

Additionally , I know for a fact that you don't have to win to develop. As a matter of opinion, in my experience I have found that many times some who are entrenched in a culture of winning may have a more difficult time facing adversity when it does hit them square on. That is especially true for children.

Comment

What a n00b. If you had been around soccer for more than a week, you would know that winning and developing are mutually exclusive. That means, you can't do both. Clearly, FSA is focused on player development, which is what your kid needs if they are going to rock a D1 full-boat scholarship.
        I enjoy reading on here when talking bad about precious FSA's terrible record it is suddenly ok to lose because they are developing for a D1 full-boat scholarship, but others talking about anything less than ECNL is the worst soccer, and the FSA army comes out to bash everybody else.

I will tell you FSA ECNL is nothing outside the state of CT in the minds of top D1 schools. You are in your own little bubble in farmington where you believe going 1-11 are having all their players get full-boat scholarships. It was trash when S+ ran it, and it is still trash.

Clearly you are delusional to think the Highest level coaches enjoy watching teams that go 1-11. If anything they are going to watch the other team, and maybe they will see your little Mia. Mediocre players fill mediocre college teams.

Just because they are "trying" to develop doesn't mean they are any good at developing, if they were the record would show it getting better. At least next season if they get 2 wins then its 100% better, chin up mate.

Comment

Are there any FSA girls going to PDP in Mass this weekend?

Comment

I enjoy reading on here when talking bad about precious FSA's terrible record it is suddenly ok to lose because they are developing for a D1 full-boat scholarship, but others talking about anything less than ECNL is the worst soccer, and the FSA army comes out to bash everybody else.

I will tell you FSA ECNL is nothing outside the state of CT in the minds of top D1 schools. You are in your own little bubble in farmington where you believe going 1-11 are having all their players get full-boat scholarships. It was trash when S+ ran it, and it is still trash.

Clearly you are delusional to think the Highest level coaches enjoy watching teams that go 1-11. If anything they are going to watch the other team, and maybe they will see your little Mia. Mediocre players fill mediocre college teams.

Just because they are "trying" to develop doesn't mean they are any good at developing, if they were the record would show it getting better. At least next season if they get 2 wins then its 100% better, chin up mate.
            did your wife beat you a little more than usual last night?

Comment

half the responses on here are just troll jobs

I think we can all agree one win and 5 total points in a season is just really bad. I feel for the kids and parents. It can't have been an enjoyable season. While winning isn't necessary for development, not being able to even compete with most of the teams in your league doesn't really help your development, either. This team had a goal differential of -23.

Comment

half the responses on here are just troll jobs

I think we can all agree one win and 5 total points in a season is just really bad. I feel for the kids and parents. It can't have been an enjoyable season. While winning isn't necessary for development, not being able to even compete with most of the teams in your league doesn't really help your development, either. This team had a goal differential of -23.
                Actually with 11 losses against 1 win, I’d say -23 GD is pretty good.

Comment

Nope, but maybe yours should to knock some sense into you that this isn't good soccer. You believe what you want when you're involved, but from the outside looking in, it's not good.

Comment

Actually with 11 losses against 1 win, I’d say -23 GD is pretty good.
                    I was thinking that too, good point, they’re keeping things close and not getting hammered. A good sign.

Comment

I was thinking that too, good point, they’re keeping things close and not getting hammered. A good sign.
                      Uh, ok. But 4 of their total 7 goals were in the 2 games against the two teams bottom fishing with them. So a total of 3 more goals in 12 games. Congrats?

Comment

What was their record as U14? Are they getting better or worse?

Comment

Funny, FC Stars and PDA seem to be able to develop players and win at the same time....

Comment

Are there any FSA girls going to PDP in Mass this weekend?
                            Surely you jest

Comment

Every club in the conference is guaranteed at least 8 players in this. It’s not the Top 65 players in conference. It’s the top 8 from each club.

Comment

Parking the bus makes it hard to score .... for either team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X