Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    maybe you can all go away to talking lacrosse?

thanks!
    Bitter.....what happened?
    Lax girl take your daughters starting spot?

Comment

Bitter.....what happened?
      Lax girl take your daughters starting spot?
      I rather go to the dentist than watch girls lacrosse. The whistle blows every three seconds.

Comment

shh don't tell anyone

http://www.cfcarena.com/lacrosse/
        Lacrosse Talking ^

Comment

So in three seasons she played four sports? You probably mean indoor and outdoor track. Two seasons same garbage. Ever go to an indoor track meet? Worse than watching paint dry. Throw in cross county too. Watch your kid run into the woods and watch her come out. Boring. You either have raw speed or not. You aren’t going to go from dnq to state champ.
          Four years. Spring and Fall. No, not track/cross country. Sports.

Comment

A few years back, kids could play ECNL/NPL soccer and play lax in the spring. These players would get a pass if they missed lax practices since they were generally the better athletes. Now Lax coaches are doing pay-for-play and want full year players to line their pockets. It will continue to get more challenging to do both full year. The shift to lax is due to the college openings vs. players. Plenty of college lax spots open for mediocre athletes.

Comment

A few years back, kids could play ECNL/NPL soccer and play lax in the spring. These players would get a pass if they missed lax practices since they were generally the better athletes. Now Lax coaches are doing pay-for-play and want full year players to line their pockets. It will continue to get more challenging to do both full year. The shift to lax is due to the college openings vs. players. Plenty of college lax spots open for mediocre athletes.
              Just give the girls helmets and let them play lacrosse instead of the sludge they play now

Comment

Just give the girls helmets and let them play lacrosse instead of the sludge they play now
                I have never understood why girls LAX doesn't have helmets. Sticks flying all over and the same hard ball being hurled at your head.

On the other hand, it isn't field hockey or soft ball. Ugh.

Comment

But aren’t there much fewer colleges that have women’s lacrosse teams? I find it hard to believe it’s easier to get into college as a woman’s lax player vs a woman’s soccer player. Is that really true?

Comment

I rather go to the dentist than watch girls lacrosse. The whistle blows every three seconds.
                    The dentist is preferable to just about any girls sport. Individual non-contact sports like tennis, skiing, golf, and swimming are somewhat tolerable. Sports like soccer, Lax, hockey, or basketball are downright excruciatingly painful to watch. I'm all for equality but anyone who suggests that girls are just as athletic coordinated, or physically capable as boys is simply delusional. Sure there are always a few exceptions but on average watching girls team play is like watching a boys Special Olympics team play.

Girls should play the sport for fun and exercise but their parents need to stop pretending that anything even remotely entertaining is taking place on the field.

Comment

But aren’t there much fewer colleges that have women’s lacrosse teams? I find it hard to believe it’s easier to get into college as a woman’s lax player vs a woman’s soccer player. Is that really true?
                      yes -- 334 D1 women's soccer programs vs 116 lax programs, so not even close. I don't know specifics, but I assume roster sizes and scholarships are not terribly different (maybe a few more lax players given sub rules) so the OP assertion seems specious at best (at least without data).

Comment

yes -- 334 D1 women's soccer programs vs 116 lax programs, so not even close. I don't know specifics, but I assume roster sizes and scholarships are not terribly different (maybe a few more lax players given sub rules) so the OP assertion seems specious at best (at least without data).
                        This is helpful...and percentages suggest it’s a little easier to play college lax vs soccer.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...lege-athletics

Comment

Total LAX college programs are about 1/3 the size of total college soccer programs (562 women's LAX across all divisions vs 1,591 soccer http://scholarshipstats.com/. However, LAX is still a small sport compared to Soccer - just under 300,000 youth players nationwide vs 2.3M for soccer https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/kid...cipation-rates. Yes LAX has been popular around here for years but not in other parts of the country. That means some programs may struggle to find quality players. It's also one of the few sports adding programs. No one is adding new soccer programs. Lax is growing in popularity but still has a long way to go if it were to ever catch up to soccer.

Comment

This is helpful...and percentages suggest it’s a little easier to play college lax vs soccer.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...lege-athletics
                            interesting thanks. I'd argue that D1 stats, at 3.8% (lax) vs 2.4% (soccer) seem to be more of a rounding error, versus the aggregate D2+D3 stats of 8.7% vs 4.7%. However, the argument that schools are adding WLax in response to T9 does mean over time the gap could widen.

Comment

Darien, New Canaan, Wilton and Ridgefield are the equivalent of SoCal soccer. If a girl is a multi-year starter for one of those teams, she is going to be highly sought after by power conference schools.

Comment

Darien, New Canaan, Wilton and Ridgefield are the equivalent of SoCal soccer. If a girl is a multi-year starter for one of those teams, she is going to be highly sought after by power conference schools.
                                another delusional Dad here. You may think it is, it is not. Not even close

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X