Turmoil at Salmon Creek?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were numbers like at the older age groups? My dd’s age group (‘09) had 23

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Younger ECNL teams are dominating OYSA league/ State Cup.
      Hahaha bootball usually dominates younger state cups.

Just watch when they get older.

Fcp Portland Ecnl can’t beat any good team from Oregon and they can’t even keep their older teams together. Someone ask why Fcp Ecnl 00 and 01 team is awful and the 02 team is forgotten about.

Comment

Does the DOC know that he is going to kill his top coaches?

Coaches can’t coach four teams and do good for each kid.

I know that the teams only train two days a week which is the right amount for a rec club but to have coaches coaching four teams is a disaster in the making.

Who comes up with these dumb ideas?

Comment

FCSC Top Coaches

Don't these coaches have to sign contracts? It takes two to Tango. If a coach doesn't want to coach 4 teams he can just go elsewhere. I'm sure a club like WATFC would love to have a Coch like Vadim. I highly doubt he's forced to take 4 teams. Last year he volunteered to take on a fourth team.

Comment

Does the DOC know that he is going to kill his top coaches?

Coaches can’t coach four teams and do good for each kid.

I know that the teams only train two days a week which is the right amount for a rec club but to have coaches coaching four teams is a disaster in the making.

Who comes up with these dumb ideas?
            Coaches are paid per team. This is his full time job. I am sure he was the one who wanted 4 teams. 4 teams is 12 hours per week plus games on the weekend. As long a there is another coach to cover if there are game conflicts, he should be fine. You are sure trying to create a lot of drama over nothing.

Comment

Don't these coaches have to sign contracts? It takes two to Tango. If a coach doesn't want to coach 4 teams he can just go elsewhere. I'm sure a club like WATFC would love to have a Coch like Vadim. I highly doubt he's forced to take 4 teams. Last year he volunteered to take on a fourth team.
              Of course not. More teams means more money. In a year he will be coaching two teams for the same money. Everyone knows that this can’t be done. It’s an epic fail for each player. It’s already bad enough that those kids pay $1500 to practice ONLY twice a week.

Comment

Of course not. More teams means more money. In a year he will be coaching two teams for the same money. Everyone knows that this can’t be done. It’s an epic fail for each player. It’s already bad enough that those kids pay $1500 to practice ONLY twice a week.
                Epic fail? A little over dramatic?? The training should be fine. Everyone knows they are paying for 2x per week.

He is training 2 sessions per night which is perfectly normal.

Comment

A good coach who coaches 3-4 teams isn't completely unheard of. However, there are positives and negatives. The obvious positives would be that you like the coach and you think they are a good coach. You just need to be prepared for the down sides. Its likely they will miss games throughout the year (thats a complaint I tend to hear a lot when talking to FCSC parents). Although it is possible to coach 3-4 teams, it tends to have the coach treating it almost like they are a trainer at times, and not the coach. Now that isn't terrible, especially if they are a great trainer. If you are looking for more of a connection between the coach and the team, then once again that is a downside.

Comment

Epic fail? A little over dramatic?? The training should be fine. Everyone knows they are paying for 2x per week.

He is training 2 sessions per night which is perfectly normal.
                    You are right. The OP that was ripping on only training two nights is out of line. Salmon Creek is a Recreational Club. They don’t have Elite teams that train 2-4 days per week. That is their market and there is nothing wrong with that.

I will argue though that the OP is correct. No coach Can coach four teams and do a great job. They will be burnt out by fall. What you will begin to see is assistant (which are parents at this club) coaching games at some point this season. If you are paying $1600 for a top coach even at a Rec Club you should have their full attention.

Comment

You are right. The OP that was ripping on only training two nights is out of line. Salmon Creek is a Recreational Club. They don’t have Elite teams that train 2-4 days per week. That is their market and there is nothing wrong with that.

I will argue though that the OP is correct. No coach Can coach four teams and do a great job. They will be burnt out by fall. What you will begin to see is assistant (which are parents at this club) coaching games at some point this season. If you are paying $1600 for a top coach even at a Rec Club you should have their full attention.
                      Correction-
                      3-4 days a week

Comment

Someone either doesn't know what a "recreational club" is, or is being an egregious azz hole.

Comment

Someone either doesn't know what a "recreational club" is, or is being an egregious azz hole.
                          I think the OP is saying it how it is. Any club that trains two days a week is not a lower tiered club. Add the fact where clubs have volunteers and non-licensed coaches is another reason why a club would be called a recreational club. I think the poster is correct in saying that Salmon Creek is a recreational club that provides opportunities for your second tiered and third tier level of player. These are players that play other sports and are not your elite or top players. Anyone to argue differently about Salmon Creek is only fooling themselves. Anyone that has been around the game knows that one coach cannot coach four teams properly and give each of those kids what is needed to develop in the game. Coaches that are coaching 3 to 4 teams are not coaching....Those coaches are babysitters providing an opportunity for lower-level players to play the game. There is a market for this and Salmon Creek provides it

Comment

I think the OP is saying it how it is. Any club that trains two days a week is not a lower tiered club. Add the fact where clubs have volunteers and non-licensed coaches is another reason why a club would be called a recreational club. I think the poster is correct in saying that Salmon Creek is a recreational club that provides opportunities for your second tiered and third tier level of player. These are players that play other sports and are not your elite or top players. Anyone to argue differently about Salmon Creek is only fooling themselves. Anyone that has been around the game knows that one coach cannot coach four teams properly and give each of those kids what is needed to develop in the game. Coaches that are coaching 3 to 4 teams are not coaching....Those coaches are babysitters providing an opportunity for lower-level players to play the game. There is a market for this and Salmon Creek provides it
                            Coach two teams and work 6 hours a week, plus some games on the weekend?

Crossfire Premier coaches typically coach 3 teams and their teams train 3 to 4 times per week. I would say that Crossfire player development history is slightly ahead of most clubs in Oregon.

If all you do is coach soccer then 3 to 4 teams is not bad if they are only training 2x a week. If you have a day time job and then have to run to practice, then 2 teams is probably your max.

The challenge with more than 1 team is there is a chance for conflict in schedule on weekends for games. It is important for a club to have coaching options for when this happens. You can let a parent or team manager coach.

Comment

Coach two teams and work 6 hours a week, plus some games on the weekend?

Crossfire Premier coaches typically coach 3 teams and their teams train 3 to 4 times per week. I would say that Crossfire player development history is slightly ahead of most clubs in Oregon.

If all you do is coach soccer then 3 to 4 teams is not bad if they are only training 2x a week. If you have a day time job and then have to run to practice, then 2 teams is probably your max.

The challenge with more than 1 team is there is a chance for conflict in schedule on weekends for games. It is important for a club to have coaching options for when this happens. You can let a parent or team manager coach.
                              You are correct but comparing apples to oranges.

Crossfire and Salmon Creek

Comment

You are correct but comparing apples to oranges.

Crossfire and Salmon Creek
                                Yes and no.

Why would it be easier to coach 3 teams at Crossfire than 3 teams at Salmon Creek. We have people on here that are saying a coach should not coach more than 2 teams. Someone should go tell Crossfire that they are doing it wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X