X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Susa prices going up?
    Stony Brook Smithtown Sachem East Islip and Atletico are all looking much better,no need to drink the baby blue Kool-Aid. Same or better training for the same or better Leagues ....... pay less money, that’s a no brainer!
    Sad thing is all of these clubs lie to their players and parents. Smithtown takes the cake and Sachem well.. no need to bring that up again.

Comment

Sad thing is all of these clubs lie to their players and parents. Smithtown takes the cake and Sachem well.. no need to bring that up again.
      What lies has Smithtown told? My kids have played there for 3 years now and everything I've ever been told has been accurate. My kids' prior club, totally different story.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Fake news

Comment

What lies has Smithtown told? My kids have played there for 3 years now and everything I've ever been told has been accurate. My kids' prior club, totally different story.
          Gee I don't know, maybe all the crap about how NPL was a great platform for development for years and now doing an about face and selling us all this BS about USYS and how the competition is waaaaay better, only to find out its club v club-where none of the top teams we were told were sooooo AMAAAAZING are playing!

Comment

Gee I don't know, maybe all the crap about how NPL was a great platform for development for years and now doing an about face and selling us all this BS about USYS and how the competition is waaaaay better, only to find out its club v club-where none of the top teams we were told were sooooo AMAAAAZING are playing!
            One step away from ECNL I was sold, I mean told. Level was light years away. Thanks for making me buy the EMSC uniform package too. 😡

Comment

One step away from ECNL I was sold, I mean told. Level was light years away. Thanks for making me buy the EMSC uniform package too. 😡
              Are you serious? Do you live in a bubble and just not pay attention to what is going on in the world or do you just choose to be a jackass? When Smithtown partnered with EM a few years ago NPL was a very good platform. In fact, I would argue it was the second best, just behind ECNL. This is fact, not spin, do your homework. But since then, the soccer landscape has changed dramatically. GDA came to the east coast and USYS refocused and upped its level/product. These two things had a negative effect on NPL but that's not Smithtown's fault. So in order to respond to the changing landscape, Smithtown has to make changes, just like every other club. SUSA has done the same thing, Alby has done the same thing (albeit terribly), etc. So if this is your example of how Smithtown has "lied" to you then all I have to say is you're not that bright in the first place. Do Smithtown a favor and leave. Go to SUSA (or wherever) and let us know in a year how that's going.

Comment

No one from Smithtown told you anything about ECNL; now you're just making things up. You cannot find a single post/comment/publication/anything from Smithtown that mentions ECNL. That crap just comes from anonymous posters like you who make things up in an attempt to stir the pot.

Comment

Are you serious? Do you live in a bubble and just not pay attention to what is going on in the world or do you just choose to be a jackass? When Smithtown partnered with EM a few years ago NPL was a very good platform. In fact, I would argue it was the second best, just behind ECNL. This is fact, not spin, do your homework. But since then, the soccer landscape has changed dramatically. GDA came to the east coast and USYS refocused and upped its level/product. These two things had a negative effect on NPL but that's not Smithtown's fault. So in order to respond to the changing landscape, Smithtown has to make changes, just like every other club. SUSA has done the same thing, Alby has done the same thing (albeit terribly), etc. So if this is your example of how Smithtown has "lied" to you then all I have to say is you're not that bright in the first place. Do Smithtown a favor and leave. Go to SUSA (or wherever) and let us know in a year how that's going.
                  Playing Surf's B team and PDA's E team in club v club is not my idea of an upped level.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Playing Surf's B team and PDA's E team in club v club is not my idea of an upped level.
                    Just look at the standings. Some clubs A Teams in ECNL and NPL are kind of like playing PDA's G team. They just don't belong. Regardless of the league there are poor clubs and teams that can't compete. With the watered down ECNL, GDA, EDP, NPL leagues, you're not getting the most competitive teams in any one league anymore. ECNL has to disguise NPL now as ECRL to prevent a further exodus of kids from the league. GDA doesn't seem to be growing either. So "upped levels" is a mostly irrelevant term. You can puff your chest all you want, but when you're an ECNL team playing mostly inferior supposedly ECNL opponents that would struggle in any of these leagues, what are you proving. Just focus on your own team and good luck on your journey.

Comment

Just look at the standings. Some clubs A Teams in ECNL and NPL are kind of like playing PDA's G team. They just don't belong. Regardless of the league there are poor clubs and teams that can't compete. With the watered down ECNL, GDA, EDP, NPL leagues, you're not getting the most competitive teams in any one league anymore. ECNL has to disguise NPL now as ECRL to prevent a further exodus of kids from the league. GDA doesn't seem to be growing either. So "upped levels" is a mostly irrelevant term. You can puff your chest all you want, but when you're an ECNL team playing mostly inferior supposedly ECNL opponents that would struggle in any of these leagues, what are you proving. Just focus on your own team and good luck on your journey.
                      Not OP, but your analogy is off. In the upper leagues sure, you play 1 or 2 teams that aren't really competitive. In leagues like USYS, you're only playing 1 or 2 teams that ARE competitive. The best of the best in USYS gets destroyed by mid-level ECNL and GDA teams and tbh by ECNL/GDA age, most are focused more on exposure as opposed to gotsoccer points!

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

Not OP, but your analogy is off. In the upper leagues sure, you play 1 or 2 teams that aren't really competitive. In leagues like USYS, you're only playing 1 or 2 teams that ARE competitive. The best of the best in USYS gets destroyed by mid-level ECNL and GDA teams and tbh by ECNL/GDA age, most are focused more on exposure as opposed to gotsoccer points!
                          You simply don't know what you are talking about. Granted, this may depend on what age group you are talking about but in some age groups, your position is just wrong. FSA, Continental, FC Bucks, World Class, Matchfit, to name a few, are brutal and have no business being in ECNL. So maybe there's 4-5 good teams in each age group in ECNL as opposed to 3-4 good teams in each age group in USYS. Either way, all the leagues are watered down and NO league has each club's top teams.

Comment

Isn't the problem really with ECNL and the other leagues insisting on the club vs club model. Where if you want to play in ECNL, you must have a team in every age group play. Pure money grab. some age groups in a club might have a really strong team that deserves to be there, while others aren't up to the level and shouldn't be playing there. but being Club vs Club you are forced to register a team in the age group.

Comment

Isn't the problem really with ECNL and the other leagues insisting on the club vs club model. Where if you want to play in ECNL, you must have a team in every age group play. Pure money grab. some age groups in a club might have a really strong team that deserves to be there, while others aren't up to the level and shouldn't be playing there. but being Club vs Club you are forced to register a team in the age group.
                              Look at the scores in these club v club leagues. Especially EDP, no fun winning or losing a game 10-0 after a five hour round trip.

Comment

You simply don't know what you are talking about. Granted, this may depend on what age group you are talking about but in some age groups, your position is just wrong. FSA, Continental, FC Bucks, World Class, Matchfit, to name a few, are brutal and have no business being in ECNL. So maybe there's 4-5 good teams in each age group in ECNL as opposed to 3-4 good teams in each age group in USYS. Either way, all the leagues are watered down and NO league has each club's top teams.
                                You actually have no idea what you're talking about but I guess that's the risk I run coming in an anonymous chat room fueled by agenda filled posts,lol! You and I (and just about every college coach of a program worth pursuing who line the sidelines at ecnl/gda LEAGUE games) will have to agree to disagree

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X