Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England Top 100 Showcase

There is a thread over on the MA board discussing this invite only showcase for girls. Apparently there are some top colleges coming including all of the D1 final 4 schools and NT coaches. It is run by AF formerly of BC. I am reading that only the top players on the top teams are getting an invite, and was wondering if any CT team players have been getting these invites too, since ya know, CT is New England.

https://www.foleyathleticadvising.com/college-showcase/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a thread over on the MA board discussing this invite only showcase for girls. Apparently there are some top colleges coming including all of the D1 final 4 schools and NT coaches. It is run by AF formerly of BC. I am reading that only the top players on the top teams are getting an invite, and was wondering if any CT team players have been getting these invites too, since ya know, CT is New England.

https://www.foleyathleticadvising.com/college-showcase/
    It's going to be great. They're sending us a limo and putting us parents and our daughter up at a hotel overnight. We get to have dinner with the organizers and select coaches -- I don't know how the coaches are selected but, hey, free beer, so I'm in.

Comment

It's going to be great. They're sending us a limo and putting us parents and our daughter up at a hotel overnight. We get to have dinner with the organizers and select coaches -- I don't know how the coaches are selected but, hey, free beer, so I'm in.
      This is TS speak for “My kid didn’t get an invite”

Comment

I imagine the CFC u16,17's have a few

Comment

This is TS speak for “My kid didn’t get an invite”
          Yeah, that guy was serious. We got something in the mail, but my kid is already playing D3, so maybe these top-100 people should update their mailing list or, at least, give it a review.

Comment

according to TS are'nt all CFC u16 and 17 players committed to D1 schools already

Comment

This is a money grab operating on a different level.

invite only but you have the opportunity to attend a "qualifying session" for $160. That session is 90 minutes.

Talk about capitalizing on kids and parents chasing the dream.

Comment

This is a money grab operating on a different level.

invite only but you have the opportunity to attend a "qualifying session" for $160. That session is 90 minutes.

Talk about capitalizing on kids and parents chasing the dream.
                Not every kid "needs" to attend a qualifying session. The ones that do probably do not belong.

Comment

Not every kid "needs" to attend a qualifying session. The ones that do probably do not belong.
                  Nah. We just "need" your 160 bucks.

Comment

I'm surprised it took some enterprising soul this long to drop a "top whatever" on the soccer landscape.

Just another way to separate families from money.

Comment

The ones invited to the Showcase do not need to “try out” and simply attend the showcase. I assume the evaluation tryout is meant to open the opportunity to players who do not play at the highest levels for whatever reason, but feel they can play competitively with those who do play at the highest levels (is: small club/league player). These players would not normally get ID’d, and the tryout gives them that platform. All that being said... if my kid did not get an invite, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pay to attend a separate try out to try earn an invite. But hey maybe some others would to prove they belong with the big girls.

Comment

Of course you do Doooshbag.

Comment

The ones invited to the Showcase do not need to “try out” and simply attend the showcase. I assume the evaluation tryout is meant to open the opportunity to players who do not play at the highest levels for whatever reason, but feel they can play competitively with those who do play at the highest levels (is: small club/league player). These players would not normally get ID’d, and the tryout gives them that platform. All that being said... if my kid did not get an invite, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would pay to attend a separate try out to try earn an invite. But hey maybe some others would to prove they belong with the big girls.
                          First of all, congrats your kid got the invite.

Let me explain this to you. If your kid on an ECNL/DA roster their names are basically sold to colleges which use them for marketing purposes.

My kid is playing at a mid major program next year. Good player, not a superstar. She gets invited to 7 to 8 ID clinics a week and a countless number of these commercially driven pay to play ID clinics.

Any elitism that you sense related to these camps is 100% fabricated by the organizers. If your kid plays Glastonbury travel and you have $160.....guess what you are now elite/high level. Kids that play in lesser clubs just have another check to write.

This is actually a new low.

Comment

$ 160.00 seems reasonable. Much easier than all those miles on the car, flights, hotels , food, etc. Plus all the time wasted sitting around waiting for your child to actually get on a field to play. Actually, there should be more of these opportunities for players that can't break into the controlled environment that locks so many out.

Comment

$ 160.00 seems reasonable. Much easier than all those miles on the car, flights, hotels , food, etc. Plus all the time wasted sitting around waiting for your child to actually get on a field to play. Actually, there should be more of these opportunities for players that can't break into the controlled environment that locks so many out.
                              It's 90 minutes and it's only a chance to be evaluated for a chance to be invited to the actual showcase. It's not the actual showcase.

You are exactly what they are looking for....tell your friends.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X