Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The problem with this is using the children and the "scholarships" as a way to undercut your competition. SUSA had one of their coaches contact several players from KK and offered them a free year. It was SUSA's intent to break up the 2007 team there. Don't see how parents are okay with less competition so SUSA can continue to get larger using crappy tactics like this.

No such thing as a free lunch folks.
    I agree that misuse of scholarships ruins the system. Unfortunately shady clubs will continue to do shady things. But it still isn't an issue of "taking my money to pay for someone else"

Comment

Scholarships are fine if they come from sponsors or fund raising IMO. If you are taking money from some families so you can give it to kids form other families, you are going to piss people off.
      You're not taking from anyone. A club sets its prices based on their costs, a desired profit margin and competitive rates. Paying families pay that rate regardless. If the club decides to scholarship or comp a a few players that eats into their profit margin. If they don't then they make more money. But maybe don't get the desired competitive outcome which in the long term might cost them more. That's the decision making going on.

Comment

There is nothing petty about where your children spend their time. I believe you're missing the point and its not likely the first time.

No club should be attempting to monopolize their business through questionable tactics that our children are involved in. It will cause bad blood because parents that are actually trying to parent and have a well rounded child want to avoid paying a premium for SUSA and then having them use used car sale tactics. THeir growth should not be artificial it should be based on hard work and good training.

Oh crap, there lies the problem. It is all artificial!!

Comment

EM cheating in ECNL?

Wrong analogy. Education is not a luxury product. If a kid needs food or medicine or shelter or education, I will help as best I can.

I am fine to even try to help kids participate in youth sports but not the ridiculous nonsense of luxury girls high end soccer. pay for that yourself. my kid has lots of luxuries she does to get to participate in and I don't go getting money form other families so I can provide her with luxuries.
          education and a degree (high school or otherwise) is a luxury....its paid for by tax payers like you, me, and everyone else reading and posting BS on this forum you F-CKING idiot.

Comment

[There is nothing petty about where your children spend their time. I believe you're missing the point and its not likely the first time.]

You never understood the point in the first place, if you are complaining about paying what you agreed to pay because someone else got a scholarship, you are being petty. Clubs make those decisions and if you don't want to pay then leave the club and play somewhere cheaper.

[No club should be attempting to monopolize their business through questionable tactics]

Every club should be monopolizing their business, do you know what a monopoly is?

[that our children are involved in. It will cause bad blood because parents that are actually trying to parent and have a well rounded child want to avoid paying a premium for SUSA and then having them use used car sale tactics. THeir growth should not be artificial it should be based on hard work and good training. ]

It only causes bad blood when the parents are petty, like you. If you don't want to pay for SUSA, stop paying and you can go play somewhere else. The rest of your point is backwards and makes no sense. Having better players in training helps everyone improve, whether they pay or have scholarships has nothing to do with it. Again, nobody forced you to make a deal with your club and you can quit any time. Begrudging a family a scholarship because you don't want to pay is just petty.

Comment

You are not taking from one family and giving it to another. You are merely NOT taking from one family because you think keeping their kid will make your club better, possibly more profitable. Again, you made the deal you made, pay what you agreed to pay and stop worrying about other people's money. It makes you petty.
              Not accepting that customer complaints are part of running a business makes you arrogant. People can have an opinion as to how their money is spent when they work hard for it.

Comment

Not accepting that customer complaints are part of running a business makes you arrogant. People can have an opinion as to how their money is spent when they work hard for it.
                Sorry, I didn't realize how stupid you were. Show me where I said clubs shouldn't accept customer complaints so I can see it too.

Your opinion about how your money is spent was made clear when you made the deal to pay for the club. What the club does with that money is none of your business. Worrying about other people not paying or not paying enough makes you petty. Not understanding how teams and clubs work makes you sound ignorant.

Comment

This clown should work or does work for one of these clubs.

Not worth trying to rationalize with a keyboard bully who can't see opposing views.

Comment

Clubs will never keep everyone happy so they chose to satisfy the most customers they can while still meeting their business and financial goals. For company A that might mean keeping a smaller but fiercely loyal group of heavy users happy (say a local coffee shop); Company B may need more of a Starbucks or even DD approach.

Comment

Not worth trying to rationalize with a keyboard bully who can't see opposing views.
                      #theEMway

Comment

No your choice as a customer is between Cub A or Club B. You don't get to tell Club A how to spend their money (well, really, reduce their profits). You can only chose to stay or go to Club B.

Comment

Obviously works for one of these clubs. No one else would defend them.

Comment

No your choice as a customer is between Cub A or Club B. You don't get to tell Club A how to spend their money (well, really, reduce their profits). You can only chose to stay or go to Club B.
                            Of course. happens all the time. One day maybe a quality club B will emerge and people will be happy to stay. Until then the musical chairs continue.

Comment

EM cheating in ECNL?

I agree that misuse of scholarships ruins the system. Unfortunately shady clubs will continue to do shady things. But it still isn't an issue of "taking my money to pay for someone else"
                              Yes, the Sleazy Underhanded Soccer Academy is famous for doing that. Trying to break up teams and giving some kids free rides while others have to remortgage the house to play there!

Comment

Yes, the Sleazy Underhanded Soccer Academy is famous for doing that. Trying to break up teams and giving some kids free rides while others have to remortgage the house to play there!

Yeah, I have heard of SUSA doing this to entire teams at the local travel level that make you realize this is a business first and our kids are the bread. I guess I am ignorant for wanting a club that I use to hold in high regard refrain from creating such waves at competing clubs that those kids are left with no team. But as the idiot above stated this is "business" because we all need a lesson from him/her.

If you are having your trainers call people and poach "kids" because there are parents so insecure that when they get the call they jump then you are the problem not just part of the problem. When word of this gets out which it has in waves, people view your trainers who engage in this practice and the club as a whole as a bunch of money chasing night walkers. Your product should stand on its own and you should not have to break up teams of your neighboring clubs and watch those kids who didn't get the call or didn't take the bait have no where to play. I love the fact that my child will play with better players but not at the cost of a kid on a competing team being left without a team because a trainer engaged in questionable sales practices.

But again this is business. What illogical unethical empty words.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X