Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westside Leaving and Taking their Ball With Them, Again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got to be kidding me. Westside has been threatening for a while, but finally announced to their fellow USDA clubs yesterday they are leaving USDA.

Is that like 5 times in 10 years they've left and taken their ball with them?

How many times does history repeat itself?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You got to be kidding me. Westside has been threatening for a while, but finally announced to their fellow USDA clubs yesterday they are leaving USDA.

Other than OPL--which was probably the right decision in retrospect--what other times did you have in mind?

Comment

Deja Vu

Old news.

Eastside left last year.

Westside this year.

The whole cosmetic little DA setup has been a farce in Oregon.

The entire little Washington DA club league, dropped from the DA label as well. Smart move.

Why would any club in Oregon stay in the tiny hot mess of nothing? 2 ages, maybe combined with 4 ho hum neighborhood clubs. Time for Washington Tinbers to head north and play in their own state.

Seems like old times as OPL leftover clubs our agsin left in at at best cul de sac league, welcome back to the OYSA.

History repeats itself again.

Comment

Other than OPL--which was probably the right decision in retrospect--what other times did you have in mind?
        OYSA in the first place.

Comment

Old news.

Eastside left last year.

Westside this year.

The entire little Washington DA club league, dropped from the DA label as well. Smart move.

Why would any club in Oregon stay in the tiny hot mess of nothing? 2 ages, maybe combined with 4 ho hum neighborhood clubs. Time for Washington Tinbers to head north and play in their own state.

Seems like old times as OPL leftover clubs our agsin left in at at best cul de sac league, welcome back to the OYSA.

So... what's the over/under on how many days before FC, OPFC, and UPDX all announce they are joining Boys ECNL? And immediately proclaim this to be better than OYSA Premier, because they might get to drive up to Seattle and be beaten down by Pac Northwest?

(And what's going to become of the US Club NPL or whatever it's called?)

Comment

Old news.

Eastside left last year.

Westside this year.

Washington Timbers already head north and play with many of their teams. I’m sure they plan on sending more

Comment

So... what's the over/under on how many days before FC, OPFC, and UPDX all announce they are joining Boys ECNL? And immediately proclaim this to be better than OYSA Premier, because they might get to drive up to Seattle and be beaten down by Pac Northwest?

Or we just follow the alliance so we have enough teams to play, as we have ended up doing for the last 10 years, regardless of how we feel about them changing leagues every couple of years.

Comment

I would imagine "joining ecnl" is a process, and not something you can just decide to do unilaterally. That said, if any of these clubs we're able to pull that off I would imagine that would be a pretty big draw.

Comment

Beaten down by PAC? Just like TA is? Difference being what exactly?

Comment

I would imagine "joining ecnl" is a process, and not something you can just decide to do unilaterally. That said, if any of these clubs we're able to pull that off I would imagine that would be a pretty big draw.
                    FC and OPFC/CU are already established clubs in girls ECNL, and US Club seems intent on doing maximum damage to the DA/GDA for daring to invade its turf. I'm sure UPDX would have no problem getting in.

And if enough Oregon DA teams were to leave that the remainder were forced to withdraw--Capitol is still advertising DA on its tryouts page for next year--that would put the grin on the cat.

Would joining Boys ECNL be a good idea? Probably not--not enough local clubs would join and there would be travel to Seattle as a result; the showcase model is far less relevant to boys soccer, and teams that want to play the big Seattle clubs have plenty of chances to do so in regional tournaments. Having all the top Oregon clubs in the same league is actually a good thing.

(Now if the girls could only figure that out as well....)

Comment

Beaten down by PAC? Just like TA is? Difference being what exactly?
                      A couple extra goals in the margin of defeat, I suppose.

Comment

A couple extra goals in the margin of defeat, I suppose.
                        It 's so cute when people like you try to be snarky. Keep trying, you will get it down someday. Bless you....

Comment

ndbig draw on the bank account.

Only parents of some very average GIRLS with a bankroll to cover the cost of useless travel have fallen for this comical excursion, US Club ECNl.

Parents of OREGON boys don't have the this special combo of bankroll and lack of common sen

You want to see something extinguish, just offer up 'travel' soccer to boys that stink but can afford it.

Draw flies. That's it.

Can't past the smell test with boys.

Comment

SE coaches two of the three DA teams...crediting him with have one ball is one too many.

Comment

SE coaches two of the three DA teams...crediting him with have one ball is one too many.
                              Why the hate for SE? This was a club (i.e. Cony) decision, not Steven.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X