Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syracuse

And word on when/who they are hiring a coach?

Still nothing at Syracuse

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Still nothing at Syracuse
      Any rumors? Timeline? What’s taking so long?

Comment

Anything? How do the current kids/interim coaches feel about the administration and this being the longest search out there? People are not only laughing about this, but kids are not looking at the school as a result, either.

I hope the current kids are getting good $$ for all of this stuff.

Comment

Anything? How do the current kids/interim coaches feel about the administration and this being the longest search out there? People are not only laughing about this, but kids are not looking at the school as a result, either.

I hope the current kids are getting good $$ for all of this stuff.
          Syracuse team leaving with Amazon HQ. Bezos is in everything. Have your Prime membership ready.

Comment

Syracuse team leaving with Amazon HQ. Bezos is in everything. Have your Prime membership ready.
            Worst joke of the day goes to this guy........................

Comment

Next up the Rice University Head Coach. Will she take it or not ?

Comment

Next up the Rice University Head Coach. Will she take it or not ?
                From what I heard this weekend was that the current coach KL is really liked by the players and the girls I believe want her to stay on as Head Coach but they also feel that the Admins don't really like her as a Head Coach from some reason or another. They also believe that if KL keeps the Head Coaching job that the assistant BB is a goner. They like him but he just doesn't give much support.

I do know that KL was offered the Assistant job at Boston Univ. I believe but turned it down because I believe she wants a head coaching job. Knowing that there are few jobs right now out there for a Head Coaching spot, especially this late in the process.

People have been speculating as to why this process has been taking so long to fill the head coaching spot. What I was told is that that within the Syracuse Athletics on the women's side that there is only one female head coach and off the record that there has been pressure whether political or not, but to hire a Female head coach for women's soccer has been the priority. I know they reached out to the Rutgers Asst Head Coach MR but I guess she either declined or who knows.

Comment

From what I heard this weekend was that the current coach KL is really liked by the players and the girls I believe want her to stay on as Head Coach but they also feel that the Admins don't really like her as a Head Coach from some reason or another. They also believe that if KL keeps the Head Coaching job that the assistant BB is a goner. They like him but he just doesn't give much support.

I do know that KL was offered the Assistant job at Boston Univ. I believe but turned it down because I believe she wants a head coaching job. Knowing that there are few jobs right now out there for a Head Coaching spot, especially this late in the process.

People have been speculating as to why this process has been taking so long to fill the head coaching spot. What I was told is that that within the Syracuse Athletics on the women's side that there is only one female head coach and off the record that there has been pressure whether political or not, but to hire a Female head coach for women's soccer has been the priority. I know they reached out to the Rutgers Asst Head Coach MR but I guess she either declined or who knows.
                  Seems like Syracuse should be preparing for a lawsuit. Denying someone a job based on gender is against the law.

Comment

Obviously this says that KL was not involved in the BB hiring. Boy that former head really left things in shambles. Why wouldn't you ask one asst about another?
                    Get it about MR, the Rutgers asst, then she would have to give up her supplemental coaching job at PDA. Maybe M O'N would not let that happen.

Comment

So isn't KL the head coach now? How do you know about the asst job at another school offer? Why wouldn't that concern the AD at Syracuse? She may leave and is clearly marketable; just not there? Makes no sense.

Comment

Where did you hear and who told you about the Syracuse Athletics' Department? I'm not asking for exact sources, but are they reliable or unknown and unnamed keyboard surfers like yourself?

Comment

Where did you hear and who told you about the Syracuse Athletics' Department? I'm not asking for exact sources, but are they reliable or unknown and unnamed keyboard surfers like yourself?
                          No I totally get you but I will say that I got all that information from a pretty reliable source. I do know that the whole them looking only for a female candidate is pretty hush and pretty kinda off the record but I was told that they are looking for a female head coach. And again I am not saying what I am saying is 100% FACT but this is what was told to me by a VERY reliable source. I met them for last week up in Syracuse to discuss others matters and this topic came up in conversation.

Comment

So isn't KL the head coach now? How do you know about the asst job at another school offer? Why wouldn't that concern the AD at Syracuse? She may leave and is clearly marketable; just not there? Makes no sense.
                            Yes KL is the Head Coach but the Boston job was just an ASST position which she turned down from what I know. I am sure that they don't mind her looking because they either know that they don't want her as their Head Coach and or she knows that as well, and from what I was told as I said I think the team along with her knows or feels that the AD don't want her as the Head Coach. I assume that with the lack of success last year under the previous Head Coach they must feel that if she couldn't add any value to that situation then what could she possible add now.

Comment

Yes KL is the Head Coach but the Boston job was just an ASST position which she turned down from what I know. I am sure that they don't mind her looking because they either know that they don't want her as their Head Coach and or she knows that as well, and from what I was told as I said I think the team along with her knows or feels that the AD don't want her as the Head Coach. I assume that with the lack of success last year under the previous Head Coach they must feel that if she couldn't add any value to that situation then what could she possible add now.
                              I hear you. But, maybe the head coach (from what I understand) was not very tuned in to the suggestions of the assistants or the girls. In other words, his way or nothing. And his way turned out to be a big nothing. I hope this coach lands on her feet somewhere and is judged not under the microscope of someone who wasn't successful long before her tenure and recruiting at the school. Joke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X