Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, but only in the sense of playing for one club with one pass and a separate club with the second pass.

If the same team wants to participate in both leagues, that's fine.
    question, can a kid play for NYCSL league and Cosmopolitan league ? ( different team )

Comment

Long Island Youth Soccer Culture vs. anywhere else

Lets just have one club-SUSA.
      since they keep telling everyone they are the best.
      Once they implode we will begin to see a better youth soccer environment on LI for everyone

Comment

Once they implode we will begin to see a better youth soccer environment on LI for everyone
        not a susa fan but i disagree....when there is competition between clubs...its best for the consumer (meaning us)...its strictly business as now the consumer has more options...any problems we are obviously aware of is that in a capitalist society (meaning usa) we promote and encourage private clubs/leagues/agencies to start up and be competitive. (just think how many different agencies involved with soccer....there are multiple national championships going on at the same time....if you want change, the government will have to step in and take complete control of the soccer business (much like what Germany did perhaps about 12 years ago)....I don't think this is really what we want.

Comment

They changed the landscape by destroying clubs.

Comment

Leaving a lot of unhappy kids in the process, even the kids feel the negativity of playing there.

Comment

Eh, I disagree. It was worse when both ECNL clubs were a 15 minute drive apart, at least now there's a Suffolk option.

Comment

question, can a kid play for NYCSL league and Cosmopolitan league ? ( different team )
                Yes, but if a kid is an important player on both teams be prepared to handle potential conflicts in schedules.

Unfortunately, without checks and balances it's not difficult to play on two teams within the same league. I have seen a kid this past year that was playing on two different teams within NYCSL.

Comment

not a susa fan but i disagree....when there is competition between clubs...its best for the consumer (meaning us)...its strictly business as now the consumer has more options...any problems we are obviously aware of is that in a capitalist society (meaning usa) we promote and encourage private clubs/leagues/agencies to start up and be competitive. (just think how many different agencies involved with soccer....there are multiple national championships going on at the same time....if you want change, the government will have to step in and take complete control of the soccer business (much like what Germany did perhaps about 12 years ago)....I don't think this is really what we want.
                  What the consumer needs are good options not these pay to play watered down clubs that can't compete Internationally. As long as the clubs like SUSA exist parents will keep drinking the kool aid, shelling out $$$$$ while their kid doesn't develop.

Comment

Doesn’t have to be the government. US Soccer can fix it easily. They won’t because they don’t care about development. If they did it’s an easy fix to create a pyramid system like the whole world has.

Comment

Doesn’t have to be the government. US Soccer can fix it easily. They won’t because they don’t care about development. If they did it’s an easy fix to create a pyramid system like the whole world has.
                      IS US soccer the only governing body for the USA? There are others right?

Comment

IS US soccer the only governing body for the USA? There are others right?
                        USSF controls virtually all soccer in this country. Under USSF are organizations such as US Youth Soccer, US Club Soccer, ASYO, etc. EDP/LIJSL are part of US Youth Soccer. NPL/ECNL/NYCSL are part of US Club Soccer.

Comment

and that is the problem. Two organizations trying to out do one another at the expense of the kids.

Comment

and that is the problem. Two organizations trying to out do one another at the expense of the kids.
                            why change if business is good for both organizations?

Comment

Yes, but if a kid is an important player on both teams be prepared to handle potential conflicts in schedules.

Unfortunately, without checks and balances it's not difficult to play on two teams within the same league. I have seen a kid this past year that was playing on two different teams within NYCSL.
                              I tried to duel card (2 deferent team) but both team (one is cosmopolitan and other is metro league) are under Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association. they contacted me to choose one team. did it happened because of both team are under same Association ?

Comment

I tried to duel card (2 deferent team) but both team (one is cosmopolitan and other is metro league) are under Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association. they contacted me to choose one team. did it happened because of both team are under same Association ?
                                ENYYSA will allow you to dual card with two different US Youth Soccer clubs only in the case where one of the teams is a USSF recognized academy or if you are playing EDP premier for one club and a regular travel league for another club. You cannot dual card to play for two different clubs if both teams are playing in regular travel leagues that use US Youth Soccer passes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X