Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTC/ODP tryouts?

Anyone know when the RTC and ODP tryouts will be this coming August?

Doesn't look like the website is updated, although there may be a broken link.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Shady stuff goes on with RTC and ODP. They hire greasy car salesman that recruit players to their club. The Timbers just aren’t quite sharp enough to screen their coaches.

Comment

The link is broken? The RTC/ODP program is broken.

Comment

Shady stuff goes on with RTC and ODP. They hire greasy car salesman that recruit players to their club. The Timbers just aren’t quite sharp enough to screen their coaches.
        Hey! I'm a car salesman, and I'm offended to be compared to BM!

Comment

If Westside is the one complaining about recruiting then cry me a river. The same club that brought us Thorns Academy (and its recruiting) belly aching is truly laughable.

Comment

If Westside is the one complaining about recruiting then cry me a river. The same club that brought us Thorns Academy (and its recruiting) belly aching is truly laughable.
            I heard the story over the weekend. If BM doesn’t lose his job then all respect is lost

Comment

I heard the story over the weekend. If BM doesn’t lose his job then all respect is lost
              What story? What happened? Did BM raid Westside?

Comment

As the only US Socce DA accepted in Oregon and affiliated with the top Womens Pro team in the states (;Portland Thorns)

It's a program where you get selected and if you are good enough to be recruited it would be an honor where the h*** have you.

Comment

I'm sure the story Westside is telling is completely unbiased.

Reality is that sometimes good boys players take a look at Westside and opt for something else. What clubs they may opt for may have changed lately, but Westside taking personal affront when a good player leaves is not new (it is always a "snake" who is doing it).

CK's and JB's track record deserves respect, but the subject of recruiting is not one Westside has any moral authority on.

Comment

Who is BM? Asking for a friend.

Comment

What story? What happened? Did BM raid Westside?
                      Who is BM

Comment

Westside just does admin for Thorns, they don't run it.

And nobody is whining about "recruiting", which is expressly permitted by OYSA rules. And even use of an ODP perch to identify and form relationships with kids and families is not against the rules.

On the other hand, promising spots on the ODP regional team in exchange for switching clubs, is almost certainly a violation of some rule, and a serious ethical breach even if not against the letter of the law. Any coach who did that should be thrown out of the ODP program, as it would constitute a flagrant act of corruption and abuse of both trust and authority.

Comment

Who is BM
                          Brandon McNeil of United PDX

Comment

Westside just does admin for Thorns, they don't run it.

And nobody is whining about "recruiting", which is expressly permitted by OYSA rules. And even use of an ODP perch to identify and form relationships with kids and families is not against the rules.

On the other hand, promising spots on the ODP regional team in exchange for switching clubs, is almost certainly a violation of some rule, and a serious ethical breach even if not against the letter of the law. Any coach who did that should be thrown out of the ODP program, as it would constitute a flagrant act of corruption and abuse of both trust and authority.
                            You sure about that - Cony is now listed as the head cheese for Thorns.

Comment

You sure about that - Cony is now listed as the head cheese for Thorns.
                              Cony's not listed anywhere here that I can find: http://www.portlandthornsacademy.com/home.php

(And this website does note the partnership with Westside for field and admin support. And indeed, the same ugly stack sports template that Westside uses for its own website is here, and Anita the admin's name pops up in various places. But no mention of Cony).

On the USSDA pages from last season, his name does pop up.

And FWIW, the price being bandied about here appears to be wrong--it's $2950 ($2850 with early payment discount) including all league travel; DA showcases are $400 extra. (CU is "in the neighborhood of $2000", excluding travel). Neither set of fees include "other" tournaments, kit, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X