Everything florida elite 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you telling me we were lied too???? Well I do declare. I felt like part of the family. He's very hands on. Very involved. Why would the DOC lie to us. I only see him every year when it's time to try out again. Why don't you love us DOC. You told us you cared.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Are you telling me we were lied too???? Well I do declare. I felt like part of the family. He's very hands on. Very involved. Why would the DOC lie to us. I only see him every year when it's time to try out again. Why don't you love us DOC. You told us you cared.
      It just happens that tryout time is the same exact time for you to make the financial commitment and pay the piper. Uniform kit ordering soon to follow. Of course, you see him then. You are magically important for that one shining day. Don't you feel special? I am getting all tingly just typing this!

Comment

Is this proposal anywhere in the news? It looks like the County has committed zero money for new soccer fields beyond Davis and Veterans mainly.
        FESA now official partner with SJC. We will see what happens now. Fee structure changing for field usage also.

Comment

FESA now official partner with SJC. We will see what happens now. Fee structure changing for field usage also.
          Not according to County website though surely FESA is not comfortable having to answer to Creeks AA for its use of Veterans. Also, it is pretty obvious Mail and Bubb are tossing cash around trying to influence County Commissioners. Would be interesting to understand what the laws are for not-for-profits using funds to influence elected officials.

The fee structure changes means the county is proposing increasing use fees. Even if they double the fees, it may hurt clubs some but FESA is still getting use of taxpayer real estate for pennies on the dollars compared to what they would pay of they had to provide the real estate fully on their own. Not to mention, there is no way they could afford to pay Bubb six-figures to act like a used care salesman and live large off the back of a non for profit and youth kids club.

Comment

Not according to County website though surely FESA is not comfortable having to answer to Creeks AA for its use of Veterans. Also, it is pretty obvious Mail and Bubb are tossing cash around trying to influence County Commissioners. Would be interesting to understand what the laws are for not-for-profits using funds to influence elected officials.

The fee structure changes means the county is proposing increasing use fees. Even if they double the fees, it may hurt clubs some but FESA is still getting use of taxpayer real estate for pennies on the dollars compared to what they would pay of they had to provide the real estate fully on their own. Not to mention, there is no way they could afford to pay Bubb six-figures to act like a used care salesman and live large off the back of a non for profit and youth kids club.
            Creeks Athletics Association Summary – The Florida Elite Soccer Academy (FESA) partnership with St. Johns County request is discussed by Mr. Meyer. Parks and Recreation requests the RAB to advise on a decision whether to allow FESA to become an official partner organization. Brief discussion follows. Mr. Watson motions to bring FESA in as a partner with St. Johns County. Ms. Chapin seconds the motion. There is no discussion. A vote is held- results are: 6 yes 1 no. Majority rules and the motion passes.

Comment

How about the County require youth non-profit sports clubs who are official partners have their Board president be a resident of the County? How about youth sports clubs who are non profits require the Board members to have active children participating? Novel thoughts.

Comment

Creeks Athletics Association Summary – The Florida Elite Soccer Academy (FESA) partnership with St. Johns County request is discussed by Mr. Meyer. Parks and Recreation requests the RAB to advise on a decision whether to allow FESA to become an official partner organization. Brief discussion follows. Mr. Watson motions to bring FESA in as a partner with St. Johns County. Ms. Chapin seconds the motion. There is no discussion. A vote is held- results are: 6 yes 1 no. Majority rules and the motion passes.
                Why a no vote? Did they not get their campaign contribution or maybe they had a kid involved in FESA and know better?

Comment

Why a no vote? Did they not get their campaign contribution or maybe they had a kid involved in FESA and know better?
                  It was someone closely aligned with the baseball side and not sure how partnership would impact relationship with Creeks.

Comment

“...The per player fee will be raised to $20 for all recreational/competitive players per season, (fall/spring). Outside of those designated fall and spring seasons all competitive teams will be charged an additional $20-25 hourly rental fee for field usage similar to how off summer camps and clinics are now.”

That's where the county is making it's money with the new proposed fee structure. FESA can and will pay the fees. It will likely hurt Creeks with the other sports. They were still trying to define the difference between competitive and recreation. "Travel ball" is a good place to start along with paid vs volunteer coaches. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. Don't think Davis park is free and clear from all of this either. The next few months will be interesting. SJC brought in new Parks Director from out of state so he has no alliances with anyone except bottom line and operating budget.

Comment

MP's U19 team got bounced by Dallas 0-2 right of the bat. Guess he ran out of pixie dust. Thankfully the weather is nice so the girls can go sightseeing.

Comment

MP's U19 team got bounced by Dallas 0-2 right of the bat. Guess he ran out of pixie dust. Thankfully the weather is nice so the girls can go sightseeing.
                        Still 2 games to go d1ckhead. What’s your kid doing this week? That’s right. Sitting at home on instagram.

Comment

Still 2 games to go d1ckhead. What’s your kid doing this week? That’s right. Sitting at home on instagram.
                          Reported to her college team this week but nice try. Dallas isn't losing their next two so you are bounced. You "might" beat LA but that is it. Just another expensive vacation week for FESA players.

Comment

It is still a great accomplishment to make Nationals. I don't care about the other money grabs going on now (Showcase, North American, or whatever names they have). The Nationals is a big deal and I applaud any team that makes it. I wish my kid's team made it, would have been nicer than sitting at home. And I am not a fesa fan or parent.

Comment

It is still a great accomplishment to make Nationals. I don't care about the other money grabs going on now (Showcase, North American, or whatever names they have). The Nationals is a big deal and I applaud any team that makes it. I wish my kid's team made it, would have been nicer than sitting at home. And I am not a fesa fan or parent.
                              Ummm....yeah OK.

Comment

This is what happens when FESA's best team and coach overall goes to Nationals and is quickly dispatched. They won nearly all games in Southeast Region. During the year, they went to showcase to try against national powers and took 3Ls. FESA is not even close to be ready for prime time. They are a mid-tier regional club and much worse with National standing. Shame for such a big club. So much bigger than Armada but pretty much same results on girls side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X