Superligua RI U12 boys and girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some towns actually have more than 2-3 premier players in an age bracket. But how does it make sense to disallow some of those kids from town soccer just because their town happens to have that many in their particular age group?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Some towns actually have more than 2-3 premier players in an age bracket. But how does it make sense to disallow some of those kids from town soccer just because their town happens to have that many in their particular age group?
      I’m sorry. I meant to say have a two to three town limit meaning only two to three towns on one town team. This would consolidate a lot. Most of these superstar teams come from everywhere.

Comment

In the boys anchor division I don't know if there are any teams that don't have premier players on them. Granted the Pawtucket & Providence teams are loaded with premier/DA kids but most games have not been too one sided. For many of our kids it's about playing with/against their friends and getting the chance to get more time on the field with minimal if any practice...its for fun (don't forget they are 10 & 11 year olds). Below the anchor division there are 50 boys team & 33 girls teams so I think there is an opportunity for everyone at all skill levels. With that many teams in one age group I don't think the superliga is hurting too badly. Selecting the correct division makes all the difference, my son has been on both sides & it's more fun for him when he's playing with/against more talented kids. If you're chasing u12 soccer glory move down a division & take it out on the Classic or Rhody divisions otherwise look at it as a challenge.

Comment

In the boys anchor division I don't know if there are any teams that don't have premier players on them. Granted the Pawtucket & Providence teams are loaded with premier/DA kids but most games have not been too one sided. For many of our kids it's about playing with/against their friends and getting the chance to get more time on the field with minimal if any practice...its for fun (don't forget they are 10 & 11 year olds). Below the anchor division there are 50 boys team & 33 girls teams so I think there is an opportunity for everyone at all skill levels. With that many teams in one age group I don't think the superliga is hurting too badly. Selecting the correct division makes all the difference, my son has been on both sides & it's more fun for him when he's playing with/against more talented kids. If you're chasing u12 soccer glory move down a division & take it out on the Classic or Rhody divisions otherwise look at it as a challenge.
          I would say stacking a team with premier players from all different towns just to achieve of all things superliga glory. Is bushleague.

Comment

Superligua needs to make some big changes or it will be going away.
            Not from Soccer RI, they can’t get out of their own way.
            Soccer RI and Superliga are businesses first, especially Superliga - although the history of the collusion between them and premier clubs (especially the old days) goes without repeating.

Hence, you can't maximize two variables - either you strive for profitability or you strive for what's best for player development. It would be nice to say those are not mutually exclusive - but when you are in a declining market and focused on the $$ flow, they really are.

More teams, more $ - hence the old days was protect town fiefdoms and carve out the fiefdom for privates by stacking the recruiting rule and limiting better programs by town roster restrictions, and proliferate. The results were a watered down premier system that eventually got consolidated by external competition, too many town programs rife with inefficient and inconsistent (coach and player development) management, and the inevitable decline of Superliga.

Not sure you can fix it at this point honestly..you should have had a regional model with one superclub management for a county (maybe Prov/Paw as their own) where parents could chose the location for rec (maybe their hometown) but a more centralized competitive/travel teams. However, that system only works when run by a larger organization, not an individual looking to maximize profits.

FYI - not a knock on Superliga - for how it had to operate, it was a pretty good model - but the fault is SRI never at the top had player development as the focus.

Comment

In the boys anchor division I don't know if there are any teams that don't have premier players on them.
              Cranston's anchor teams don't have any premier players, at any of the age groups.

Comment

Are they good?

Comment

Cranston's anchor teams don't have any premier players, at any of the age groups.
                  That is because Cranston's program was so poorly run. All of the talented soccer kids in Cranston went and continue to go to premiere as fast as they could. The Revs Academy was a total bust and you still have the board members calling all the shots that will only benefit their children. Anyone that was willing to pay for the "Academy" team was selected resulting in a very weak program that still plays in Superliga even when parents were originally told this program would be on level with club teams, their way of trying to keep kids from leaving.All this while the "directors" HR and MP are reaping the benefits from the Revs

Comment

Are they good?
                    Some are, some are not. Like anywhere else.

Comment

That is because Cranston's program was so poorly run. All of the talented soccer kids in Cranston went and continue to go to premiere as fast as they could. The Revs Academy was a total bust and you still have the board members calling all the shots that will only benefit their children. Anyone that was willing to pay for the "Academy" team was selected resulting in a very weak program that still plays in Superliga even when parents were originally told this program would be on level with club teams, their way of trying to keep kids from leaving.All this while the "directors" HR and MP are reaping the benefits from the Revs
                      Cheers SC

Comment

Cranston

Cheers SC
                        This is the arrogance of the Cranston leadership. It’s a joke, my kids have been in the “academy” program and it’s horrible and their development has stalled.
                        It’s amazing to see the coaches and parents with solo cups “hydrating” on the field in the Memorial Day tournament.
                        The whole program especially the girls have gone to crap over the last 2-3 years.
                        My oldest who is in college had a great experience up to high school with Clcf. Now my younger girls are having a bad experience with poor coaching. The “select director” has eroded the girls program to low division rec play. It’s kick ball and toe balls.
                        It’s sad to see what they did to a once proud soccer program.

Comment

Boys
                          Best - Pawtucket, WFF
                          Worst- Cumberland, Middletown

Girls
                          Best- Providence Pumas, Portsmouth
                          Worst- CLCF, Coventry

Boys
                          Best
                          Pawtucket
                          Warwick Ff

Girls
                          Best
                          Providence United
                          Lincoln
                          Well, the season is wrapping up, and it looks like the first set of predictions was closer than the second. Overall the towns with select/premier recruiting didn't seem to dominate as badly as was feared.

Thoughts?

Comment

U12 easy to watch and pick out all the premier players in the smaller field. Bayside and NEFC really spitting out some quality training and talented young players in this age group along with some of the other clubs as well. Anyone who thinks RI soccer has premier crap (and talent) should see some of these kids play.

Comment

Portsmouth and Providence are a class above the rest. Once these teams get all their club players back for the playoffs they will March to the finals.

Comment

Very competitive games the last few weeks for Soccer-RI Cup. The field looked much tighter than in the regular season games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X