Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again the post is from someone who came for REC and does not understand the competive programs . Bet players play and worst players practice until they can play or there is a B or C team if the club is big enough. Equal fair play in competive travel at any group does not exsit sorry it is not REC soccer everyone plays at REC everyone but TRAVEL SOCCER is not REC understand. Eeven if you pay it does not matter REC SOCCER is not the SAME understand I do not think you get it LMAO !

I would agree with this if it were truly a Rec vs. competitive situation. It is Rec vs. expensive Rec that allows me to say it is competitive. Truly competitive would be if players were selected specifically to play on a competitive team. Reality is, clubs have as many teams as they can fill based on number of paying customers at tryouts. If a player was good enough to be selected, they should get time. Not necessarily equal time but it is stupid to think it should be run like a professional team where the top 11 play unless they get hurt or too fatigued. It is still youth soccer and in most cases it is basically expensive rec soccer. Calling it travel doesnt make it elite.

Comment

Everyone should play almost equal minutes. If he forgot to put in some players in a previous game, no problem in them starting the next game. They are also trying to get noticed and a get a scholarship, not just the typical starters.

Everyone should have the chance to "showcase" themselves at the showcase tournaments.
      not possible in top league games due to limited sub rules. BTW you just learned the lesson of comp soccer. Top team needs a big bench to help offset the cost associated with all the travel for a top team

Comment

and every kid gets a lollipop too, right? Sorry, but if my team qualified on the merits, effort, and play of the top 14-15 players, then why should your kid, whose probably the 5th-7th kid off the bench, get playing time at the event they didn't help earn entry into? No thanks, Mr Liberal, My kid is playing. Yours can just stay home.
        "Being conservative" and "being a dick" are two separate things. I'm the former. You appear to be the latter.

Comment

End of the day we all are playing for FUN.
          Totally agree, who are these fruit loop parents that think watching any player especially a GIRL player devastated and upset on the bench is worth it to anybody on the team when in reality there is no discernible difference between players.

None of these girls are going to be pro players and even if they were...whoopee they are making $20,000 a year to play soccer and this is a great aspiration, for who?
          Girls soccer is for two things. 1) Fun 2) Possible entrance into a better college because of Title 9. With that one, don't kid yourself crazy Daddy, 1st come grades, then ability.

Women's soccer is just there because colleges need them to make sure they can keep their money making programs...think football and basketball. It is all about the $$$$ Your daughter if she has a less than stellar GPA and is not an ODP Region III player or ID2 player probably is just a midrange starter, and won't be a starter on a college team. Therefore GPA's rule. The benchwarmer with a 4.0 will get more offers than your daughter so that player deserves as much time on the field since her GPA is why that coach MIGHT see and recruit your daughter.

Comment

"Being conservative" and "being a dick" are two separate things. I'm the former. You appear to be the latter.
            A good coach knows to build a team where any player can be substituted at anytime and not lose any technical or tactical advantages.

Comment

How do you define "EARN IT"? How did your daughter EARN IT?
              My SON earned it by developing his skills in AND OUT of practice.

He EARNED it by working harder than some of the bench players.

He EARNED it out of giving 100%, having a positive attitude and being coachable.

He EARNED it by his performance on the field.

Comment

How is a player going to get a scholarship if she never gets on the field during the showcase event where the coach came to watch her play?
                If your player is not the starter on their own team a scholarship is out of the question.

Comment

He EARNED it out of giving 100%, having a positive attitude and being coachable.

You forgot:
                  He EARNED it on his knees

Comment

Of the starting 11 at least half are usually "connected" team mgr kid, assistant coach kid, the BFF of the assistant coach kid, the bff of team mgr kid and the team sponsor's kid. So, yes please play the bench as they have more skill.
                    Oh, I thought we were talking about competitive programs, not GTBFC or WCC.

Comment

You forgot:
                      He EARNED it on his knees
                      No, that is your wife at a feeder club with daddy coaches, trying to persuade the daddy coach that there is really no difference between the starters and your child on the bench. Besides, you brought the orange slices this week.

Comment

If your player is not the starter on their own team a scholarship is out of the question.

I disagree. If his team is a top 10 team in the Country, there are players that don't start that should get scholarships.

The starting line-up should change every week based upon the practices for that week.

Comment

Agree with you mainly, except:
                          How did the bench players make it to the team where your SON EARNs it? without EARNing it?

Comment

Agree with you mainly, except:
                            How did the bench players make it to the team where your SON EARNs it? without EARNing it?
                            The bench players are there to help the top 11 train hard in practice and prepare to play a full game. Overheard a coach say his highly competitive teams of 16!are dwindling down due to injuries and it's only September and thank goodness for his bench players. A team is only as good as its depth.

Comment

Every player could find themselves as a bench player or a starter if they drive beyond the closest club.

Even one of the best couple U-17's in Florida would likely not be a starter in the U-17 Residency program.

The point I would make is: As a coach in youth sports, is my job to develop all the players and showcase the team as best I can while helping to instill important life lessons in sport? Yes and Yes. That is DOUBLE-GOAL COACHING.

Build up the confidence in your players and help them achieve what they didn't realize is possible builds character that goes well beyond soccer.

For the person that says HE EARNED IT, I hope he is on the best team in the state and pushing himself.

Comment

Every player could find themselves as a bench player or a starter if they drive beyond the closest club.

Even one of the best couple U-17's in Florida would likely not be a starter in the U-17 Residency program.

The point I would make is: As a coach in youth sports, is my job to develop all the players and showcase the team as best I can while helping to instill important life lessons in sport? Yes and Yes. That is DOUBLE-GOAL COACHING.

Build up the confidence in your players and help them achieve what they didn't realize is possible builds character that goes well beyond soccer.

For the person that says HE EARNED IT, I hope he is on the best team in the state and pushing himself.
                                Well said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X