Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer Training Centers

My daughter was invited to a US soccer training center and she attended. It was really the best of the best and only the best players in her age group from our region were there. I was told this is a path to the Women's Youth National team.

Has anyone done this before, age 15 and above? This was much more elite than any ODP training or anything else she has been invited too.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter was invited to a US soccer training center and she attended. It was really the best of the best and only the best players in her age group from our region were there. I was told this is a path to the Women's Youth National team.

Has anyone done this before, age 15 and above? This was much more elite than any ODP training or anything else she has been invited too.
    yeah my kid was invited when she was 6.....:)....Really go blow your horn somewhere else.

Comment

yeah my kid was invited when she was 6.....:)....Really go blow your horn somewhere else.
      Haterz gonna hate, hate, hate,....I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake...shake it off, shake it off...

Comment

Haterz gonna hate, hate, hate,....I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake...shake it off, shake it off...
        I agree with the other poster,

Do you really think anyone really comes on here to find out
        true info?

This is a place to talk BS about local Soccer.

Try google, it's your friend and you will find a world wind
        of info

Comment

You gotta admit this question is phrased like a d-bag. You stated you were told is was the path to national team. What else do you want to know?

Comment

We attended with our 11 yr old, twice this summer. It is more elite and you do not pay and if your child is selected to go further their expenses will be taken care of.

Comment

We attended with our 11 yr old, twice this summer. It is more elite and you do not pay and if your child is selected to go further their expenses will be taken care of.
              Bull crap, you did not bring an 11 year old to a US training center, ODP maybe, but not a US training center.

Comment

Bull crap, you did not bring an 11 year old to a US training center, ODP maybe, but not a US training center.
                There were about 12 girls, all playing up at the u13 level that were invited and yes, they are 11 yrs old.

Comment

There are 3 in Florida comprised of about 80-90 players in each age group between them and they usually do it based on birth year. This year 00/01 and 02/03. I would not say its more elite although I would say the training and coaching is better. ODP is 54 players from one age group from the entire state and Federation is about 80-90 total from all 3 locations. The same players at ODP are often at the centers and its incredibly rare to see anyone advance.

Comment

You gotta admit this question is phrased like a d-bag. You stated you were told is was the path to national team. What else do you want to know?
                    Oh No…..the path is much truer and deeper…..Grasshopper….can you you snatch the pebble from my palm?

Comment

And a $100 was left under my pillow when she lost her tooth….twice this summer!!!

Comment

My 02 was invited to the boys one Monday. What ages will he be with? Any more 02s?

Comment

2-3 years monday

Comment

My 02 was invited to the boys one Monday. What ages will he be with? Any more 02s?
                            generally consecutive years, so 01s. if it's his first it's pretty unforgiven in that he'll be competing with top 01s and 02s in area, either he shows very well and not get overwhelmed immediately or never asked back. where is the one he's going to? good luck

Comment

generally consecutive years, so 01s. if it's his first it's pretty unforgiven in that he'll be competing with top 01s and 02s in area, either he shows very well and not get overwhelmed immediately or never asked back. where is the one he's going to? good luck
                              Would agree with this. Know of a number of kids who were or are ODP Region pool players or iD2 camp players who went to a single training center and never asked back. It seems that just being blazing fast or a man amongst boys is not enough to keep getting invited back for further looks. And then some kids get nervous or take time to get comfortable in a new environment and before they know it it's over. But that mental toughness and composure are critical to playing at a high level so makes sense that it's part of the selection process.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X