Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Hillsborough County do something to Impove Ed Radice (TBU) Soccer fields?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

County should replace TBU and let another group come in and run the complex. They have pockeed millions for years. An investigation sGould be done on the finances to see where millions has gone.

Comment

Yes I read the article; very interesting. Also noted they are looking to build a 20 field complex in Hillsborough county somewhere. Could shift the balance of power depending on where it ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        County should replace TBU and let another group come in and run the complex. They have pockeed millions for years. An investigation sGould be done on the finances to see where millions has gone.
        Maybe you didn't understand the article, so I will speak really slow as I explain it to you. It was hillsborough county that ruined those fields. They gave a contract to the lowest bidder to maintain them and this is what you get. Go look at Monroe fields, are the perfect no, but in 10 X's better shape than Ed Radice. Hopefully this artical will get things in motion and not just a vote getter. Someone obviously caught their attention.

Comment

Maybe you should talk to Ken Hagan about it. Looks like he might pay attention given this article.

Comment

Maybe you didn't understand the article, so I will speak really slow as I explain it to you. It was hillsborough county that ruined those fields. They gave a contract to the lowest bidder to maintain them and this is what you get. Go look at Monroe fields, are the perfect no, but in 10 X's better shape than Ed Radice. Hopefully this artical will get things in motion and not just a vote getter. Someone obviously caught their attention.
            Monroe fields are in good shape because nobody is there using them. HCU, I mean TBU, ran off all the south tampa folks.

Comment

into the pockets of a select few maybe?

Comment

Monroe fields are in good shape because nobody is there using them. HCU, I mean TBU, ran off all the south tampa folks.
                The Monroe fields are maintained by the City of Tampa!!!!

Comment

Wrong. We've been playing at those fields for 10 yrs and i've never seen a city worker on those fields.

Comment

the monroe fields do look good because all the kids left TBU South and the fields get plenty of rest!

Comment

Played on these fields over the weekend and even their main field, as soon as you enter the facility, is downright horrible. One quarter of it looks at if there was a cattle stampede on it. Not safe and not conducive to playing soccer. Doesn't this club make enough to get a good grounds crew on it?

Comment

Played on these fields over the weekend and even their main field, as soon as you enter the facility, is downright horrible. One quarter of it looks at if there was a cattle stampede on it. Not safe and not conducive to playing soccer. Doesn't this club make enough to get a good grounds crew on it?
                        Hey idiot!!!! The County employees the ground crew not TBU!!!!!
                        http://tbo.com/news/politics/county-...%20News%20Mail

Comment

Please read the article you post it was the 2011 decision to turnover field maintenance to outside contractors not the county workers.

"Depending on the results of the study, the county could reverse its 2011 decision to privatize recreational field maintenance and get back into the mowing business. In fact, Commissioner Ken Hagan, who opposed the move to privatize field maintenance, said he wouldn’t mind giving county workers that responsibility again."

The other issue pointed out is a flaw in the bid acceptance process of only going to the lowest bidder without regard to their ability to complete the job.

In 2011 the fields were not that bad but have gotten progressively worse since then.

Comment

Excuse me "Idiot", but the fields are overseen by TBU. In other words, TBU is to make sure the grounds are being cared for properly by the maintenance company. Much the same as when your yard is being mowed by a lawn care service. In other words, if they do a bad job you get on their ass. Ed Radice fields have been in bad shape for as long as I can remember so whoever is in charge of overseeing the fields at TBU needs to be reappointed to trash duty for a year!

But it is nice to see that the county has noticed the problem via your article. Now that they have consultants, analysis, and meetings set up to address this problem, the fields should be repaired by sometime in late 2018!

That "aquatic center fields" at Brandon (WFF) is looking better every year! Just bring your inflatable "leg" floaties and mosquito spray for your players! Rafts seem to work better than chairs on the sidelines for you parents!

Comment

Excuse me "Idiot", but the fields are overseen by TBU. In other words, TBU is to make sure the grounds are being cared for properly by the maintenance company. Much the same as when your yard is being mowed by a lawn care service. In other words, if they do a bad job you get on their ass. Ed Radice fields have been in bad shape for as long as I can remember so whoever is in charge of overseeing the fields at TBU needs to be reappointed to trash duty for a year!

But it is nice to see that the county has noticed the problem via your article. Now that they have consultants, analysis, and meetings set up to address this problem, the fields should be repaired by sometime in late 2018!

That "aquatic center fields" at Brandon (WFF) is looking better every year! Just bring your inflatable "leg" floaties and mosquito spray for your players! Rafts seem to work better than chairs on the sidelines for you parents!
                              So that would a bit like complaining about the state of local roads and the county rushing out to fix them just to keep the locals happy .
                              What world do you live in .

Comment

If your connected, trash duty is one of the higher paying duties at TBU.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X