Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Hillsborough County do something to Impove Ed Radice (TBU) Soccer fields?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I am not mistaken the responsibility for field maintenance is with the club. That is the arrangement the county has with the club.

With that there are just way to many practices and games held on those fields for them to look like anything else other than what they do.

A few guys playing pick up games is not adding to the damage caused by club teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Lazy leadership and leadership making six figures while looking the other way. Its crazy how much money is getting pulled out of the club, nobody challenges the ED or replaces him with a leader that can raise "non player registration money" or leave money in the club to invest in the property with the county. That facility should be cranking out soccer, lacrosse and football programs. Its a joke and the county should find another operations to effectively manage the complex, create better offerings and create a club the local community wants to support.
      Or TBU doesn't own the fields. Public park means public park. Not just for rich kids.

Comment

Question for Bob

I was there this past week and was told that the field we were playing on was brand new, just planted this summer. But there were already a large amount of weeds and ant hills all over the field. As a tax payer in Hillsborough County I am appalled at how bad the other soccer fields are at Ed Radice soccer complex. They looked more like a cow pasture then a soccer complex. The Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department needs to do something about these fields before someone get seriously hurt. These fields are a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I do understand that the club (TBU) using these fields has some obligation to maintain these fields, but the Parks Department needs to augment or over see the care of these soccer fields.

Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department Please help keep our kids safe!!!!!
        Here is the BOD for TBU. http://www.tbusc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=201891

Here is the President's e-mail: rcliffor@tampabay.rr.com

This question is for TBU's President, Bob Clifford. "What are you and the rest of the board going to do about the field conditions?"

Comment

SOf course you know you can always go to the bustling WFF fields in lovely Brandon, FL for some excellent snorkeling!
          This is SO true and, perhaps, my favorite quote on TS!

Comment

Hillsborough County isnt going to do anything. Its not there responsibility. TBU has a field use agreement just like all the other clubs where its their responsibilty to maintain the fields. So until TBU pays up and takes care of it, it will be the same old s%&*.

Comment

Hillsborough County isnt going to do anything. Its not there responsibility. TBU has a field use agreement just like all the other clubs where its their responsibilty to maintain the fields. So until TBU pays up and takes care of it, it will be the same old s%&*.
              So what you are saying....Nothing will happen until the BOD decides to fire their field maintenance contract with SIMS Irrigation (Executive Director Eric Sims' Company)????

Comment

So what you are saying....Nothing will happen until the BOD decides to fire their field maintenance contract with SIMS Irrigation (Executive Director Eric Sims' Company)????
                Or go one further and get rid of the UT mafia entirely!

Comment

If the fields are any indication of the kind of work SIMS Irrigation does, I would never hire them to do a job at my house. Those fields look terrible!

Comment

your looking at 50k plus to get each field back in good condition. Why is a irrigation company in charge of field maintenance. Should commercial landscape company They can not even keep the stadium field in good shape.

Comment

your looking at 50k plus to get each field back in good condition. Why is a irrigation company in charge of field maintenance. Should commercial landscape company They can not even keep the stadium field in good shape.
                      I don't know if Sims Irrigation maintains Ed Radice. But, Sims Irrigation is a Landscaping Design, Installation and Supplies Irrigation Repairs company. They should be able to maintain the fields, but as everyone can see, these fields are in bad shape.

Comment

I was there this past week and was told that the field we were playing on was brand new, just planted this summer. But there were already a large amount of weeds and ant hills all over the field. As a tax payer in Hillsborough County I am appalled at how bad the other soccer fields are at Ed Radice soccer complex. They looked more like a cow pasture then a soccer complex. The Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department needs to do something about these fields before someone get seriously hurt. These fields are a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I do understand that the club (TBU) using these fields has some obligation to maintain these fields, but the Parks Department needs to augment or over see the care of these soccer fields.

Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department Please help keep our kids safe!!!!!
                        What? And put less money into the hands of those running the club? Eat your cake !!! Eat it and shut up and pay up sucker.

Comment

On Arbor Day they should all plant grass instead of trees.

Maybe TBU should just get together and find a really good landscaping and irrigation company to take over these fields. I am sure any reputable, hard-working company would love to have their name all over a complex when they get the fields back in shape!

Comment

OMG!!!!
                            Played at Radice yesterday... Those fields are bad...Hillsorogh County needs to step in and do something before our kids break an ankle or blow a knee

Comment

OMG!!!!
                              Played at Radice yesterday... Those fields are bad...Hillsorogh County needs to step in and do something before our kids break an ankle or blow a knee
                              TBU needs to do something about it. Don't blame the county.

Comment

TBU needs to do something about it. Don't blame the county.
                                Apparently you don't know much about the park license agreements.... County has primary responsibility for field conditions. Perhaps TBU could do more also but it is the county's responsibility

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X