Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Hillsborough County do something to Impove Ed Radice (TBU) Soccer fields?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Hillsborough County do something to Impove Ed Radice (TBU) Soccer fields?

I was there this past week and was told that the field we were playing on was brand new, just planted this summer. But there were already a large amount of weeds and ant hills all over the field. As a tax payer in Hillsborough County I am appalled at how bad the other soccer fields are at Ed Radice soccer complex. They looked more like a cow pasture then a soccer complex. The Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department needs to do something about these fields before someone get seriously hurt. These fields are a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I do understand that the club (TBU) using these fields has some obligation to maintain these fields, but the Parks Department needs to augment or over see the care of these soccer fields.

Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department Please help keep our kids safe!!!!!

I can think of a lot better ways to spend my tax dollars thank you very much .

Comment

ACDC tournament just around the corner... Ed Radice is typically the main location for that tournament right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        ACDC tournament just around the corner... Ed Radice is typically the main location for that tournament right?
        Yep, the armpit of Tampa fields. It's all about the kids.....not:(

Comment

I was there this past week and was told that the field we were playing on was brand new, just planted this summer. But there were already a large amount of weeds and ant hills all over the field. As a tax payer in Hillsborough County I am appalled at how bad the other soccer fields are at Ed Radice soccer complex. They looked more like a cow pasture then a soccer complex. The Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department needs to do something about these fields before someone get seriously hurt. These fields are a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I do understand that the club (TBU) using these fields has some obligation to maintain these fields, but the Parks Department needs to augment or over see the care of these soccer fields.

Hillsborough County Parks and Recreational Department Please help keep our kids safe!!!!!
          Here is the link to contact the commissioners:
          https://webappsnet.hillsboroughcount...tCommissioners

Sandra Murman is District 1.
          Ken Hagan should also be selected

Please post their reply

Comment

If it's anything like our area - the baseball and football fields are immaculate.

Comment

You need to contact you county commissioners and local officials it is an election year.

Also I suggest contacting the local news media to express you concerns. A few top news people live in that area. Contact the county parks and rec and find out who is in charge of the field maintenance.

Sports fields take a maintenance plan and once they are let go it is very hard to bring them back. Another problem with ED Radice is they do not have a limited access system the fields are just open to walk up use.

Comment

Too much debt remaining from Ray Jay stadium to fix fields and parks taxpayers use.

Comment

You need to contact you county commissioners and local officials it is an election year.

Also I suggest contacting the local news media to express you concerns. A few top news people live in that area. Contact the county parks and rec and find out who is in charge of the field maintenance.

Sports fields take a maintenance plan and once they are let go it is very hard to bring them back. Another problem with ED Radice is they do not have a limited access system the fields are just open to walk up use.
                  Every single night when my kids are training at radice there are just groups of guys playing pick up on whatever field they want. Nobody from TBU sends them packing. Its a complete joke, grass is a foot long with more weeds than sod. There are potholes hiding just waiting to break an ankle in. Yes, you can blame the county but also look at the lazy leadership of the club.

Comment

Sorry, but "Ed's Radish Fields" are prime for a bumper crop of radishes this year! You can thank the fine folks at TBU for churning up the soil for this year's crop! TBU will be doing the annual ACDC manure spread in the not too distant future which should also help this year's radish crop. The city is planning on donations from TBU player's parents to get them through the season at Ed's Radish Fields as the tax dollars are tied up for the next ten years on the exciting new "River Walk" project where entire families can actually walk next to the river in exciting downtown Tampa! Where else can you fine fun like that on a 95 degree day, and get your car towed while doing so!

Sorry, but no grass for you, TBU!

Of course you know you can always go to the bustling WFF fields in lovely Brandon, FL for some excellent snorkeling!

Comment

Sorry, but "Ed's Radish Fields" are prime for a bumper crop of radishes this year! You can thank the fine folks at TBU for churning up the soil for this year's crop! TBU will be doing the annual ACDC manure spread in the not too distant future which should also help this year's radish crop. The city is planning on donations from TBU player's parents to get them through the season at Ed's Radish Fields as the tax dollars are tied up for the next ten years on the exciting new "River Walk" project where entire families can actually walk next to the river in exciting downtown Tampa! Where else can you fine fun like that on a 95 degree day, and get your car towed while doing so!

Sorry, but no grass for you, TBU!

Of course you know you can always go to the bustling WFF fields in lovely Brandon, FL for some excellent snorkeling!
                      Funny but City walk is more of a city project and hot Hillsborough county

Comment

Funny but City walk is more of a city project and hot Hillsborough county
                        So that means you can really snorkel at the Brandon WFF fields?

Comment

Every single night when my kids are training at radice there are just groups of guys playing pick up on whatever field they want. Nobody from TBU sends them packing. Its a complete joke, grass is a foot long with more weeds than sod. There are potholes hiding just waiting to break an ankle in. Yes, you can blame the county but also look at the lazy leadership of the club.
                          Lazy leadership and leadership making six figures while looking the other way. Its crazy how much money is getting pulled out of the club, nobody challenges the ED or replaces him with a leader that can raise "non player registration money" or leave money in the club to invest in the property with the county. That facility should be cranking out soccer, lacrosse and football programs. Its a joke and the county should find another operations to effectively manage the complex, create better offerings and create a club the local community wants to support.

Comment

Lazy leadership and leadership making six figures while looking the other way. Its crazy how much money is getting pulled out of the club, nobody challenges the ED or replaces him with a leader that can raise "non player registration money" or leave money in the club to invest in the property with the county. That facility should be cranking out soccer, lacrosse and football programs. Its a joke and the county should find another operations to effectively manage the complex, create better offerings and create a club the local community wants to support.
                            So you will be at the next county commissioner's meeting? Or are you just going to tell everyone what the county should do in the hopes that they read this thread?

Comment

Should be call 'head red itchy' fields after the number of ant bites received.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X