Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    > 2%? Hmmm, likely your congregation is higher than that but keep living in your little bubble.
    The alligator eats the bigger number.

Comment

So, we have a u14 team where teammates are now not so openly dating. When is this a issue or is this something best left alone!
      Congratulations on a fairly original troll attempt

Comment

If it ain't "Brokeback" don't try to fix it....

13 year olds will certainly experiment at this age. thats a given. And social media has made same sex relationships pretty common. I'm frankly surprised this issue wasn't brought to the forum sooner. But the question is really how does it translate to being a teammate and playing soccer. Simply put. It does not. Let them play.
        Youth Soccer is only following in the "Role Model" leadership of their current IDOLs...

Fantasy of Gay Cowboys = "Brokeback Mountain"

Reality of Gay Cowboys = "Michael Sams"

Comment

facts are facts sorry if you do not agree with them.
          Clearly some parents are not comfortable with this discussion. This may be about there own hidden insecurities about there own sexuality.

Anyway, its obvious that at least half of the national team and its biggest star is openly gay. Its not something that goes away or swept under the rug. Its here and we all have to deal with it in adult way. I just hope the DOC at your club is enlightened enough to not react adversely.

Comment

Clearly some parents are not comfortable with this discussion. This may be about there own hidden insecurities about there own sexuality.

Anyway, its obvious that at least half of the national team and its biggest star is openly gay. Its not something that goes away or swept under the rug. Its here and we all have to deal with it in adult way. I just hope the DOC at your club is enlightened enough to not react adversely.
            Half the National Team? Hardly.

Most collegiate teams have rules in place in regards to dating among teammates.

Bigger question is why are 13 year olds dating?

Comment

What, are you saying Clint Dempsey is gay? No way, he is married and had kids. I haven't heard of any others on the team that are gay either. That is crazy.

Comment

Thank you for promoting the agenda of a small minority of the population.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Being-Only-1-6

I do not have to agree with your position, but I respect your right to have a position that may not be inline with mine. That is why is great to live in the USA.

Opposing views do not have to bread conflict. Unfortunately, to many people believe and promote the idea that if you do not agree with me your wrong and my enemy

Comment

Am I missing something here? I would not let my 13 year old girl or boy date anyone, boy or girl. They are 13.

Comment

Am I missing something here? I would not let my 13 year old girl or boy date anyone, boy or girl. They are 13.
                    I tried discussing that earlier in the thread but unfortunately I think you and I are in the minority as to how old kids should be before dating AND I MEAN DATING anyone - a two on two situation. anyway, kids at 13 are often confused about their own sexuality... why put them in a dating situation anyway? put some rules in place about not dating until they are more mature (I.e. older if that is the only way they mature) and that alone will weed out who dates who and the confusion about sexuality becomes less of an issue. People, if you aren't sure whether your kids should be dating, ask YOUR OWN PARENTS WHAT THEY THINK.

Comment

I tried discussing that earlier in the thread but unfortunately I think you and I are in the minority as to how old kids should be before dating AND I MEAN DATING anyone - a two on two situation. anyway, kids at 13 are often confused about their own sexuality... why put them in a dating situation anyway? put some rules in place about not dating until they are more mature (I.e. older if that is the only way they mature) and that alone will weed out who dates who and the confusion about sexuality becomes less of an issue. People, if you aren't sure whether your kids should be dating, ask YOUR OWN PARENTS WHAT THEY THINK.
                      So I asked my dad and he told me he was dating and having sex with farm animals at the age of 10...technically a U11.

Comment

I have a 12 and 14 year old. I don't allow them to "date" anyone either. they talk about their friends in school and here in our neighborhood "dating" but it really only equates to just constantly talking and texting, that's what a 13yo calls "dating". My guess would be that the real issue starts when the breakup happens. That's when you see the drama and one could assume that this will bring trouble to the team, just like it does in the workplace.
                        Also, if this couple is gay, then I can tell you that that also can bring trouble with teammates, 13yo kids are not equipped to be so accepting of the things that make us different.
                        Whether they are gay or straight, it should be discouraged.

Comment

I have a 12 and 14 year old. I don't allow them to "date" anyone either. they talk about their friends in school and here in our neighborhood "dating" but it really only equates to just constantly talking and texting, that's what a 13yo calls "dating". My guess would be that the real issue starts when the breakup happens. That's when you see the drama and one could assume that this will bring trouble to the team, just like it does in the workplace.
                          Also, if this couple is gay, then I can tell you that that also can bring trouble with teammates, 13yo kids are not equipped to be so accepting of the things that make us different.
                          Whether they are gay or straight, it should be discouraged.
                          I agree, this behavior needs to be squelched before it spreads to the whole team. How do you suggest this is addressed with the kids?

Comment

you people are morons

Comment

What is moronic is too think this is going on. Because it is. At your club. Lets not be blind. But its a private matter and is really no ones business.

Comment

hey kid, you should be in school. point, if you are a parent you should have a thought somewhere around this, parents who actually are "parenting" not those giving in to what their kids ask for daily - and this applies to so many who will go in debt just to make their kids happy, but parents that are parenting actually believe that their kids don't need to DATE at 13. I don't mean going out on a group function to the movies, etc. This isn't the 1800's people. Kids actually need a lot more parenting than ever before.
                                Yep. You make everything about you.

It cracks me up how many losers come on here talking about parenting. I guess if you say and write it enough you actually convince yourself that you are The Parent of all parents. What a joke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X