Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not surprised at all. As I have posted before (last year), this team is big, physical and fast but lacks technical ability. As the girls get older, the competition gets bigger, faster and more physical and has the technical ability. Look at the OC U14 ECNL. They will be passed by soon.
    By no means am I an ECNL or Sunrise apologist, however, OCYS has done well in ECNL thus far and have only lost one game in regular season play. Sunrise is arguably the best team in the state, and have beaten four top 20 nationally ranked teams this year (according to Gotsoccer). Was it a surprise that Sunrise did not get out of pool play? Yes. But my feeling is that this is the exception and not the rule with this team.

OCYS, on the other hand, lost to Concorde Fire after beating them 4 times this year alone. The difference with these teams and the other state teams is the fact that they are constantly playing elite, out of state competition, while the other state teams are not. This will go a long way in the development of OCYS, WFF and Sunrise.

Therefore, I disagree. I believe that these teams are distancing themselves from the state teams.

Comment

I am not surprised at all. As I have posted before (last year), this team is big, physical and fast but lacks technical ability. As the girls get older, the competition gets bigger, faster and more physical and has the technical ability. Look at the OC U14 ECNL. They will be passed by soon.
      Passed by who?

Comment

By no means am I an ECNL or Sunrise apologist, however, OCYS has done well in ECNL thus far and have only lost one game in regular season play. Sunrise is arguably the best team in the state, and have beaten four top 20 nationally ranked teams this year (according to Gotsoccer). Was it a surprise that Sunrise did not get out of pool play? Yes. But my feeling is that this is the exception and not the rule with this team.

OCYS, on the other hand, lost to Concorde Fire after beating them 4 times this year alone. The difference with these teams and the other state teams is the fact that they are constantly playing elite, out of state competition, while the other state teams are not. This will go a long way in the development of OCYS, WFF and Sunrise.

Therefore, I disagree. I believe that these teams are distancing themselves from the state teams.
        I agree with your comment but I would add JFC and Clay County to the list due to their proximity to the other states.

Comment

I agree with your comment but I would add JFC and Clay County to the list due to their proximity to the other states.
          I think it is pretty clear at this time the top four teams are sunrise, ocys, Clay and wff. Two are encl two are not.

Comment

I think it is pretty clear at this time the top four teams are sunrise, ocys, Clay and wff. Two are encl two are not.
            Agreed.

Comment

Yes there is always the possibility that these teams would drop, but I think they would only get better. They will continue to attract the top talent that's committed to the schedule and travel required.

Comment

Yes there is always the possibility that these teams would drop, but I think they would only get better. They will continue to attract the top talent that's committed to the schedule and travel required.
                Yes these teams should continue to attack the better talent from there respective areas. With good training they should only improve.

Comment

OCYS and Sunrise out of North American Finals this morning...

OCYS 1-4 loss in Semi-Final

Sunrise 0-1 loss in Semi-Final

Comment

OCYS lost to the #1 team out of Michigan - Grand Rapids

Comment

Edit- OCYS 1 - 5 Grand Rapids Crew

Comment

Edit- OCYS 1 - 5 Grand Rapids Crew
                        What tournament is this please?

Comment

What tournament is this please?
                          North American Finals USL

Comment

Sunrise and Clay

Agreed.
                            Sunrise and Clay are the TWO best teams in the State IMO and will continue to get better. Sunrise will beat you with speed and athleticism, Clay County will beat you with skills and their DEFENSE is the best I have seen.

Comment

Sunrise and Clay are the TWO best teams in the State IMO and will continue to get better. Sunrise will beat you with speed and athleticism, Clay County will beat you with skills and their DEFENSE is the best I have seen.
                              We will see come state cup.

Comment

state cup applied teams

We will see come state cup.
                                Girls U14
                                Club Team State
                                A2EGL Plantation FC Plantation FC 00 Girls Copa Florida
                                A2WES Weston FC 00 Premier Black Florida
                                A5WSC Wellington SC 00/01 Wave White Florida
                                B1MAI Maitland Soccer Club 00/01 Florida Krush Black Florida
                                B1MAI Maitland Soccer Club MAITLAND ZOOMS Florida
                                B3CCS Clay County SC 00 Sol Black Florida
                                Boca United Boca United 00/01F Gold - NPL Florida
                                Brevard Soccer Alliance BSA 00/01 Select Girls-Black Florida
                                C1FCT FC Tampa Lady Rangers Florida
                                C1TBU TAMPA BAY UNITED PREMIER GIRLS 00 Florida
                                C2CFL Celtic FC Florida '01 Girls - Rizzo Florida
                                C5NYS Florida Fire Juniors 00-01 Girls Premier Florida
                                Chargers SC CLW G00-01 Select Florida
                                Chargers SC FHR G00-01 Elite Florida
                                Chargers SC TPA G00-01 Elite Florida
                                Coral Gables Soccer Storm 00/01 Florida
                                Creeks Soccer 00/01 Creeks Krush Black Florida
                                Davie United Soccer Club Davie United Sharks Florida
                                FC FLORIDA FC FLORIDA 00 ELITE Florida
                                FC Sarasota 00/01 Girls Blue Florida
                                Florida Rush 00 RUSH Girls Florida
                                Greater Tampa Bay FC GTBFC U14 Girls Premier Florida
                                GSA 00/01 Girls Blue Florida
                                JFC Storm JFC Storm 00/01 Florida
                                JFC Storm JFC Storm Elite 00/01 Florida
                                JYSC FURY Elite 00/01 Florida
                                Lakeland Futbol Club 00/01 Girls Black Florida
                                Lee County Strikers 00 Girls Florida
                                OCYS 00/01G Purple Florida
                                Pinecrest Premier 00/01-G BLUE Florida
                                Space Coast United Storm 00/01 Girls Travel Red Florida
                                Sunrise Sting 00/01 Florida
                                Team Boca 00/01 Girls White Florida
                                West Florida Flames 00 ECNL Dev Florida

We all know the top teams but how about Any surprise teams listed?
                                Possible Cinderellas in the mix?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X