Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I dont have a horse in this race but an entertaining thread for sure. But this statement actually cracks me up. From reading this site from time to time I would assume two things. First, most all clubs do exactly what is described above. I have yet to read a thread on this site that says a particular club does a good job of brining in young players and keeping them through the system. And second, I can't see how a club could keep kids for any period of time. Youth sports parents seem to be the most fickle, fair weather group of people on the planent. Especially as illustrated on this site. It would seem to me that clubs have just take what they get because loyalty from the parents side is non-existent. Something goes wrong for your kid, create a crap storm and tear down the club and talk the other parents into leaving for greener pastures. Coach or DOC doesn't agree with you, they must be drunk and fat and have no idea what they are doing.

Honestly, I dont think it is the clubs who are the only problem.
    Those folks that are familiar with the politics at WSC know the truth mentioned in many statements of this thread. PZ does not care about developing players, nor does he know how. He cares only about keeping parents happy as long as they pay. PZ explicitly relies on possible club jumpers!

Comment

Those folks that are familiar with the politics at WSC know the truth mentioned in many statements of this thread. PZ does not care about developing players, nor does he know how. He cares only about keeping parents happy as long as they pay. PZ explicitly relies on possible club jumpers!

My question is, how is that different than most every other club? And why is it like that?

My guess is the answer is, it's not that different anywhere else and it is because parents constantly talk about how this club sucks and how they are going to jump to that club.

Comment

The key word you used is "most". Really is not an issue until it happens to you and seems to happen more often there.

Comment

The key word you used is "most". Really is not an issue until it happens to you and seems to happen more often there.
          It happens all the time there. The biggest problem is god forbid if you disagree with the great PZ. He will treat you like garbage, until of course until he needs something from you.

Comment

The Cogi method is intriguing. It just may take a few years to be able to determine if it is effective.

Comment

The Cogi method is intriguing. It just may take a few years to be able to determine if it is effective.
              We have seen so many training methods imported from different countries worldwide in the last 40 years or so...Fast forward to today's position of our Men's National Team. Jurgen Klinsmann (also bringing in a method of his own) is working hard to find an identity for MNT after all these years...We've been still struggling for years at the International level. Jurgen has made it clear that he's bringing in soccer players of US Citizenship from outside the US to the MNT. No guarantees with this cogi training. Any one that knows soccer knows this cogi not new. Just another scam...

Comment

The fact that they have a structured plan may be enough to help...

Comment

It's the next big thing

Comment

It's the next big thing
                    Ok. If you say so!!!. Make sure you get in on its IPO

Comment

It's the next big thing
                      Next big thing? Palm Beach Premier, Royal Palm Strikers, Boynton Knights, and Greenacres Sharks have all been structuring their Clubs to position themselves stronger next season...You will see an influx of players from WSC going back to their original Clubs after they realize PZ's empty promises and flawed character.

And of course there is FC Florida that has hired great coaches with a successful track record.

Comment

Why did they leave their original clubs?

Comment

Why did they leave their original clubs?
                          One would think that they wanted to test new waters...but the grass is not greener in Wellington SC. One thing for sure and became a fact in the soccer communities is PZ's arrogance, untrustworthiness, inconsistent directions, lack of interpersonal skills and vision. Why did two board members leave Wellington and take their kids' team with them?

Comment

He's been DOC there for 7 years so somebody is ok with what he's doing.

Comment

Don't know much about the club but the fields are really green in Wellington. And there are a lot of them.

Comment

Don't know much about the club but the fields are really green in Wellington. And there are a lot of them.
                                and then you cannot use them when it showers. Have you seen the pristine fields at Team Boca? They're adding more...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X