9 clubs to join girls' development academy for 2018-2019 seaso

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that he is a harvard business school grad and hedge fund guy tells you where USSF's interests lie.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292353]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Actually, its just the cry of the shut out. If you don't live in a major metropolitan area and don't have money, you can't play the game. The game, by the way, is run by an institution which has little to no real world class soccer experience, and views every aspect of the game - from the youth sports leagues to the US National teams, as a way to sell MLS franchises. If they cared about the quality of players they were creating we would not be watching other countries' teams playing in the world cup right now.

See, there is the rub. Everyone is looking for the best option for their kid regardless of the league or club. People should be aggravated when options are not available locally or at least in reasonable driving distances. That being said, picking arguments on TS....no matter which side of the fence you sit.... is self serving and pointless.

As for money, all I can tell you is that I know for a fact that there are players at our club who don't pay a dime or a least very little. The caveat is of course, your kid has to be very good.

Comment

The fact that he is a harvard business school grad and hedge fund guy tells you where USSF's interests lie.
        Exactly. Expect to see more and more da clubs and teams added (u16s will come next year along with girls U12 and U13; the additional clubs won't be good at all) to fill their coffers and grab more market share from other leagues. There will be no lowering of DA prices unless the clubs themselves shoulder more of the cost (they won't; they're businesses). Teams will be expected to traipse from one side of the country to another to play game, ****ting more and more players out of the system because of cost. winning!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292353]

Actually, its just the cry of the shut out. If you don't live in a major metropolitan area and don't have money, you can't play the game. The game, by the way, is run by an institution which has little to no real world class soccer experience, and views every aspect of the game - from the youth sports leagues to the US National teams, as a way to sell MLS franchises. If they cared about the quality of players they were creating we would not be watching other countries' teams playing in the world cup right now.
          Not even of the shut out - it's the cry of the frustrated fans who believe we could be so much more but are so frustrated with the powers that control US soccer. They don't have a clue what they're doing. Now with the WC we're watching tiny countries with limited resources run circles around soccer powerhouses and we're not even in it. The system isn't working.

Comment

to fill their coffers and grab more market share from other leagues.
            Grab more Market share - Agree
            fill their coffers - Not really. USSF is not making money off of GDA, I actually believe that they lose money off GDA. Maybe lose less $ with more players?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292281]

Agreed. While it is terribly messy at the local level right now, in those areas the have both - GDA and ECNL within a reasonable driving distance - it is forcing clubs to offer a better experience which is a good thing. In the span of just one season, certain clubs are gaining a foothold over others because they are focusing on the basic experience for the families (as it should be). If you read the posts on TS for other regions this is playing out everywhere (New England, Pacific Northwest, etc.).

We'll be done after the 2018-19 season but the landscape will certainly evolve over the next 2-3 years.
              I only thought that Talking Soccer was for Florida so I went to look at TS for other regions. One of the first posts I saw was "Seacoast United to join GDA" which applied to a club in New Hampshire:

I have coached club and HS for over 30 years in NH and NC, and most recently coached club in MA the last two years; and coach DI HS. You want transparency, here it is.

The best club team and all stars that NH could put together on the girls side right now would not compete in the clubs I have coached, so before you claim an agenda - none here. I still coach club and HS.

I am against SUSC doing GDA because they don't have the talent to compete and won't have the talent to compete at the DA level. Your boys programs at SUSC have already proven that.

GDA programs are folding all over the country due to saturation and NH, southern ME, and Northern MA won't feed enough top level players to compete at the GDA level. The NPL teams for NH are moderately competitive.

I went to the meeting for SUSC GDA night and they are selling the program and used the terms "national pool" and "scholarship" as more bait. I went to the tryouts and the talent was lacking. If a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummet were there I would have a different opinion, but right now in the girls soccer world of NH there is no talent like that. We are loaded with DIII players and a sprinkling of DII and the occasional DI player. Heck - former club players of mine - sisters who played at OR - were better than any of the talent I saw at the GDA tryouts.

How's that for transparency?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292649]

I only thought that Talking Soccer was for Florida so I went to look at TS for other regions. One of the first posts I saw was "Seacoast United to join GDA" which applied to a club in New Hampshire:

I have coached club and HS for over 30 years in NH and NC, and most recently coached club in MA the last two years; and coach DI HS. You want transparency, here it is.

The best club team and all stars that NH could put together on the girls side right now would not compete in the clubs I have coached, so before you claim an agenda - none here. I still coach club and HS.

I am against SUSC doing GDA because they don't have the talent to compete and won't have the talent to compete at the DA level. Your boys programs at SUSC have already proven that.

GDA programs are folding all over the country due to saturation and NH, southern ME, and Northern MA won't feed enough top level players to compete at the GDA level. The NPL teams for NH are moderately competitive.

I went to the meeting for SUSC GDA night and they are selling the program and used the terms "national pool" and "scholarship" as more bait. I went to the tryouts and the talent was lacking. If a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummet were there I would have a different opinion, but right now in the girls soccer world of NH there is no talent like that. We are loaded with DIII players and a sprinkling of DII and the occasional DI player. Heck - former club players of mine - sisters who played at OR - were better than any of the talent I saw at the GDA tryouts.

How's that for transparency?

What's your name and where to coach now? THAT.....is transparent. Right now you sound like a load of whinny crap protecting your space.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292362]

See, there is the rub. Everyone is looking for the best option for their kid regardless of the league or club. People should be aggravated when options are not available locally or at least in reasonable driving distances. That being said, picking arguments on TS....no matter which side of the fence you sit.... is self serving and pointless.

As for money, all I can tell you is that I know for a fact that there are players at our club who don't pay a dime or a least very little. The caveat is of course, your kid has to be very good.
                  That is a not a good situation. It means other families in the club (unless there is some type of benefactor or sponsor) are covering the costs for the children of other families. Builds resentment instead of pride in the club.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292262]

It's all local. In some regions GDA is doing well; in others it is not. Families pick based on what they have to chose from in their area. Whichever has the best coaching and a success getting recruited - which for now remains both leagues - they'll pick whatever works. The aren't and shouldn't fret about badges. Training with a bad club is a bad idea no matter what league they play in,
                    GDA is not doing well in the NE and SE. It’s expensive in both regions and the teams are weak. Both GDA and ECNL are not needed.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292772]

That is a not a good situation. It means other families in the club (unless there is some type of benefactor or sponsor) are covering the costs for the children of other families. Builds resentment instead of pride in the club.

So in your world, players with no talent should get free rides at the club? Please stop. All youth sports are essentially pay to play. If your kid can help the team or club but can't afford it, then there is nothing wrong with the club sponsoring the player. No different than any athletic scholarship. Only two questions are needed. Can you kid play on high lever and can the family afford it.

Frankly, the resent I have is attitude of the parents, but kids for the most part are great.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292773]

GDA is not doing well in the NE and SE. It’s expensive in both regions and the teams are weak. Both GDA and ECNL are not needed.

ECNL had a very good product and was somewhat exclusive with talent. Whenever another club was granted ECNL, the other clubs would complain that they were not worthy. Now ECNL poster complain about how diluted the talent pool is with GDA and how it was not needed to which ECNL came up with the answer of adding more ECNL team.

I know you know that it as NEVER been about development. ECNL is a business and about making money. It was a good business model when it had no competition. Is DA going about things properly? Most definitely not but, GDA losing 5 clubs is not the end of GDA or vindication of ECNL. Those clubs went back for number of reasons including money and benefits from ECNL. They were quite literally given a choice to keep one or the other and they parlayed that into "if you want us back then you need to do this, this and this" which ECNL was obliged to.

It just business. It has never been about the kids and never will be though certainly many kids will benefit from both leagues.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292650]

What's your name and where to coach now? THAT.....is transparent. Right now you sound like a load of whinny crap protecting your space.
                          The poster was giving facts and you blast them with giving "whinny crap" issues during their post. What a retard! Do you even read before you blast another poster? Again, what a retard! Then again, maybe you can't read! My apology!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292317]

Sounds like sour grapes whining. Certainly the college coaches don't agree since every coach going to your Nationals is coming to the DA National as well as a number of prominent schools that haven't bothered signing up yet. With your playoffs being first, looks like they are choosing DA over ECNL.

Now run along and do a side by side comparison so you can find a couple sorry local west coast schools coming to yours instead of ours to make yourself feel better.
                            With most of the top national talent playing in GDA so they have a better shot at making the national teams, it's not a surprise that most of the top schools would be attending the DA events. That doesn't mean that ECNL won't have a good number of players scouted and offered from their showcases though. This is not surprising. If you are a college coach chasing after an elite level player or two then you are probably going to have to watch some GDA games to evaluate and woo that recuit. USSF has done a good job of steering much of the top national talent into their DAs so they can keep a closer eye on them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292814]

The poster was giving facts and you blast them with giving "whinny crap" issues during their post. What a retard! Do you even read before you blast another poster? Again, what a retard! Then again, maybe you can't read! My apology!

Not the OP but thought the original post was worth looking at as I rarely bother to read TS's other regions and was curious to how other states are discussing the current events. It would appear the post you are defending is a copy and past from HS coach who does not seem happy with the no HS rule which he was called out for as well. He defended himself by simply saying he "has forgotten more about soccer than we you will ever know".

That thread is not different than any of the nonsensical threads posted on Florida TS albeit less vulgar. He really didn't share anything factual aside from his anecdotal opinion which he has every write to have but should also expect a rebuttal. In the end, his post does come across as more of a complaint than a fact based statement.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292807]

So in your world, players with no talent should get free rides at the club? Please stop. All youth sports are essentially pay to play. If your kid can help the team or club but can't afford it, then there is nothing wrong with the club sponsoring the player. No different than any athletic scholarship. Only two questions are needed. Can you kid play on high lever and can the family afford it.

Frankly, the resent I have is attitude of the parents, but kids for the most part are great.
                                In my world, lowering fees and reducing stupid travel across the board wold allow more talent to get developed. Giving handouts out causes problems IMHO. Lots if not the majority of families fall in the middle anyway - they are not very low income but may have multiple players. The budget for soccer is fine but but it is not enough for the top level country club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X