Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Will they have any girls to coach? I’m not being sarcastic. Will they field DA teams? I don’t know anyone that is there and I am fairly well connected as to what is happening with the 2004s, 2005s and 2006s. Thanks.
    There may be some surprises with the 04s...

Comment

The coaching staff has consistently said that they have the players that they want for next season. People who want out--they have been happy to let go.

Comment

Like what?

Comment

Like what?
          Not op but I've heard a few players from Rough Riders that were reluctant to join GDA last year are on board...

Comment

Like what?
            Wait until showcases are over.

Comment

Wait until showcases are over.
              I don’t get why people post stuff like this though. You pretend to be curious about a team that you imply will far apart—why? Because you decided to leave so you hope it crumbles in your absence? Or you are worried that you got off the ride just as it was getting good? Seems to me, that LISC is looking for talented kids who are committed. No parent involvement with the staff, no drama. They got off to a slow start because they got DA status at the 11th hour last year and decided to build something. They have only excellent coaches with zero drama attached. The last year was a learning process for sure. Now they have an excellent plan in place for the fall.

Comment

I don’t get why people post stuff like this though. You pretend to be curious about a team that you imply will far apart—why? Because you decided to leave so you hope it crumbles in your absence? Or you are worried that you got off the ride just as it was getting good? Seems to me, that LISC is looking for talented kids who are committed. No parent involvement with the staff, no drama. They got off to a slow start because they got DA status at the 11th hour last year and decided to build something. They have only excellent coaches with zero drama attached. The last year was a learning process for sure. Now they have an excellent plan in place for the fall.
                It's quite the opposite. Expect other teams to be significantly weaker. The downside will be issues with playing time for some.

Comment

What is the excellent plan?

Comment

What plan? Having tryouts well after everyone else did? Naming some supposed great DOC that never really materialized? The plan should have been to scout and recruit for talent from February on and make the case to players to go to LISC vs elsewhere (GDA or other) with great coaching for next year. What they're doing now is not a plan, it's survival mode.

Comment

why is it good for the players? the issue is a lack of quality everything - players- coaches - facilities.

Competing for excellence is positive , competing for mediocrity is not
                      Just talking about competing for business. Youth soccer is a business. If your customer is high level talent, how are you attracting it? Or is that not really the customer.

Comment

What plan? Having tryouts well after everyone else did? Naming some supposed great DOC that never really materialized? The plan should have been to scout and recruit for talent from February on and make the case to players to go to LISC vs elsewhere (GDA or other) with great coaching for next year. What they're doing now is not a plan, it's survival mode.
                        Actually the plan was announced in a meeting to those that the club is interested in. All was explained. It is up to the club to put out the press releases, but again, they have the kids they want.

Comment

Actually the plan was announced in a meeting to those that the club is interested in. All was explained. It is up to the club to put out the press releases, but again, they have the kids they want.
                          They will have some, but certainly not all. They could have had more if they tried a little harder.

Comment

They will have some, but certainly not all. They could have had more if they tried a little harder.
                            And earlier. Families want a degree of certainty

Comment

Really? Then why are they advertising and sending out emails again right now for player trials?
                              So much cloak and dagger on LI , too much drama and wasted energy .- a special private meeting for those they are interested in?

And then there is Alby with their meeting that they advertised after ECNL tryouts were completed to discuss the future of girls soccer when they said no more ECNL. Then made those kids tryout again for DA AND then sent emails out to people on random lists for Albertson da tryouts but didn’t post it on the Alby website and didn’t email some ECNL participants about the later new DA tryouts.

ALL THESE CLUBS ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

Comment

If Kurt Kelley is involved in this club I would stay far far away. Biggest arse in the soccer community. Anyone that lets their kid near him needs to have their head examined.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X