Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dads of soccer-playing boys are thrilled Baseball is where it is.
    Like a Redneck making fun of an immigrant
    I think in 1978 I heard soccer would be the next big thing in America. Can't wait till USMNT team can compete with third world countries.

Comment

My kids walked away from baseball shortly after they club travel soccer. They loved baseball before discovering soccer but quickly saw that soccer was much more up their alley. They were both quite good at it. Personally I was glad - it bores me to death too. It's fun to go Fenway with friends for a game but that's it. when they move from coach pitch to kid pitch you want o put a gun to your head.

No matter what being a true multi sport athlete is nearly impossible now anyway. All sports now almost require playing something year round - now there's fall baseball and lax spring football....

Comment

My kids walked away from baseball shortly after they club travel soccer. They loved baseball before discovering soccer but quickly saw that soccer was much more up their alley. They were both quite good at it. Personally I was glad - it bores me to death too. It's fun to go Fenway with friends for a game but that's it. when they move from coach pitch to kid pitch you want o put a gun to your head.

No matter what being a true multi sport athlete is nearly impossible now anyway. All sports now almost require playing something year round - now there's fall baseball and lax spring football....
        Want to put a gin to your head? I'm assuming that you've watched girls lacrosse at some point. Baseball can't be worse than that. That's like whistle freeze tag.

Comment

Want to put a gin to your head? I'm assuming that you've watched girls lacrosse at some point. Baseball can't be worse than that. That's like whistle freeze tag.
          Field Hockey. Enough said.

Comment

Girls Lax is an insult to women and the sport of Lacrosse. I'm not smart enough to know if there needed to be modifications to the boys games for girls. Off the cuff I'd say no. However the resulting sport is absolutely terrible.

Comment

No, but the last few posts make me want to pour gin down my throat!

Comment

Most athletes walk away from baseball once they find sports that require actual effort. It's good for them to challenge themselves. The fat kids play baseball.

Comment

Most athletes walk away from baseball once they find sports that require actual effort. It's good for them to challenge themselves. The fat kids play baseball.
                  Wrong. The fake athletes are walking away. Baseball is too much work for these lazy video game playing couch potato kids. You can't expect to be good at the single hardest thing to do in sport without working at it. If you can run you can make a soccer team. It takes way more skill to play baseball. There's no hiding in baseball. No goalie or teammate covering for your lack of skill on the baseball field.

Comment

Nice picture of a fat guy throwing a baseball 95+ MPH. Are you saying that isn't impressive?

Comment

Omg yes. Every 60 seconds there is some mystery foul. At least the clock eventually runs out and the pain ends. And mine plays it.

Comment

Omg yes. Every 60 seconds there is some mystery foul. At least the clock eventually runs out and the pain ends. And mine plays it.
                        You every watch field hockey?

Comment

You every watch field hockey?
                          Yes - find that much easier. At least I know who has the ball.

Comment

Yes - find that much easier. At least I know who has the ball.
                            Will take a soccer game over either any day.

Comment

Wrong. The fake athletes are walking away. Baseball is too much work for these lazy video game playing couch potato kids. You can't expect to be good at the single hardest thing to do in sport without working at it. If you can run you can make a soccer team. It takes way more skill to play baseball. There's no hiding in baseball. No goalie or teammate covering for your lack of skill on the baseball field.
                              No hiding in baseball, lol

Pitchers not batting
                              Worst fielder placed in right field
                              Relievers
                              Pinch runners
                              Pitch counts

Soccer requires years of skills. Baseball requires hand eye coordination

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X