•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Read this:
    https://ilovetowatchyouplay.com/2017.../her-own-path/

Hailie Mace. Look her up. UCLA Stud. Follow what her mom did.
    She was a two sport stud who wanted to play with her friends, until almost senior year.
    You need to make film and have her guest as much as possible. Is she a two or three sport stud? Show her athletic prowess. Teams are always looking for guests during summer.
    Talk to parents in real life, not here. Talk to coaches. Reach out. Good luck.

Teams are not f*cking locked, you dumb****s. Only appears to be in Conni**** b/c
    you folks have no idea what real competition like in socal.
    "I’m not really a skillful player anyways, though."

Starring at UCLA and on your YWNT. This says it all. 'Murica!!!!

Comment

walking in there at 16 or 17 would basically have to be by invite. Meaning a top player that's killing it in HS and somehow slipped through the cracks. I can't think underclassmen all state stud types that aren't already on a top club team.

There are very good players on CFC NPL teams, they just don't have an entire roster of them. The positive there is that they are a lock for Jefferson Cup and PDA. going to PDA alone is worth making the jump.

Suggest phoning the coach and getting her invite to train with one of the teams. I'd probably start with NPL. ECNL can be a shark tank and it could be easy to look bad in that practice especially if the kid was nervous.
      CFCU won't add onto rosters by HS unless the kid is a clear cut top 5 player. Rosters are already too big and they certainly won't cut anyone for an unknown mid level or lower player. They'd rather stick with a known entity, as well as avoid political waves. Odds are better at FSA but still not great

Comment

"I’m not really a skillful player anyways, though."

Starring at UCLA and on your YWNT. This says it all. 'Murica!!!!
        Better to be fast than smart and skilled. It only pays to be smart and technical if you have 9 other similar players around you, else choose fast.

Comment

Better to be fast than smart and skilled. It only pays to be smart and technical if you have 9 other similar players around you, else choose fast.
          I don't argue that. The skill is wasted if you're surrounded by gazelles with bad touches and no soccer IQ. I just found it amusing that someone playing high level D1 and for the YWNT readily admits to not being skillful. Says it all about the state of women's soccer in the US.

Comment

I don't argue that. The skill is wasted if you're surrounded by gazelles with bad touches and no soccer IQ. I just found it amusing that someone playing high level D1 and for the YWNT readily admits to not being skillful. Says it all about the state of women's soccer in the US.
            yea we are #1

Comment

CFCU won't add onto rosters by HS unless the kid is a clear cut top 5 player. Rosters are already too big and they certainly won't cut anyone for an unknown mid level or lower player. They'd rather stick with a known entity, as well as avoid political waves. Odds are better at FSA but still not great
              they took some average OW kids this year. Truth is there isn't much difference between 23 and 26 players on a CFCU roster. I understand they issue tweezers for bench splinters as part as your kit

Comment

they took some average OW kids this year. Truth is there isn't much difference between 23 and 26 players on a CFCU roster. I understand they issue tweezers for bench splinters as part as your kit
                Yet those OW kids chose splinters over staying at OW. Says a great deal about OW. In exchange the few players OW got where FSA and CFC players that never got PT either.

Comment

Way to throw the kids of long time OW families under the bus.

Well done. Speaks volumes about the dirtbags on the OW sidelines

Comment

Thanks mom. You always know it all. Don't you?

Comment

Perhaps she was being modest.

Comment

yea we are #1
                        #1 and our younger teams are consistently losing, so probably not keeping that rank for long.

Comment

Not sure how you even conclude that was an OW post. Could have easily come from a CFC parent just talking about the skill level of OW players that moved. So much paranoia on this site

Comment

#1 and our younger teams are consistently losing, so probably not keeping that rank for long.
                            Agreed. If you look at the technical level of soccer being played, the US is behind. Read up about Christen Press when she went to Sweden to play. She basically learned how to really "play" soccer.

Comment

Agreed. If you look at the technical level of soccer being played, the US is behind. Read up about Christen Press when she went to Sweden to play. She basically learned how to really "play" soccer.
                              Has USSF taught our boys how to play "real" soccer? Then why would you expect that they will teach the girls to?

Comment

Has USSF taught our boys how to play "real" soccer? Then why would you expect that they will teach the girls to?
                                From the Mass thread ..... pretty funny how moronic those in charge of us soccer actually are (were) .... explains a lot:

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=152097

And now they have just damned the girls side. Great!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X