Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your player is at an age where he should move up the ladder of that is what he wants and has the skills. Town soccer flat lines around u12/u13
    town soccer flat lines at u9

Comment

have to agree and since they are talking about Stamford i think it peaks there as well

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        have to agree and since they are talking about stamford i think it peaks there as well
        u9 lol

Comment

Question. What are the odds of non ECNL player making the CFC United ECNL teams at say U16 or U17 next year?

I've heard that they don't even hold tryouts at these ages?

My kid is a very strong HS player and stand out on a small club team. It's become very clear after these recent "showcase" events that trying to get recruited out of small club is very difficult. Even after having success at ID camps, the coaches always say they'd like to see you in club play. When you say your team isn't going to Jeff Cup, PDA etc it tends to go dark.

Comment

Word.

Comment

Question. What are the odds of non ECNL player making the CFC United ECNL teams at say U16 or U17 next year?

My kid is a very strong HS player and stand out on a small club team. It's become very clear after these recent "showcase" events that trying to get recruited out of small club is very difficult. Even after having success at ID camps, the coaches always say they'd like to see you in club play. When you say your team isn't going to Jeff Cup, PDA etc it tends to go dark.
              Very difficult at u15. U16 and U17...almost impossible. The CFC NPL teams go to very good showcases too though. If she's dominating in high school, she shouldn't have a problem making their NPL team. Still a great level of play

Comment

Even the NPL team is tough to make; ECNL impossible. Plus the roster is gigantic. They pretty much close up shop by U15.

Comment

Very difficult at u15. U16 and U17...almost impossible. The CFC NPL teams go to very good showcases too though. If she's dominating in high school, she shouldn't have a problem making their NPL team. Still a great level of play
                  walking in there at 16 or 17 would basically have to be by invite. Meaning a top player that's killing it in HS and somehow slipped through the cracks. I can't think underclassmen all state stud types that aren't already on a top club team.

There are very good players on CFC NPL teams, they just don't have an entire roster of them. The positive there is that they are a lock for Jefferson Cup and PDA. going to PDA alone is worth making the jump.

Suggest phoning the coach and getting her invite to train with one of the teams. I'd probably start with NPL. ECNL can be a shark tank and it could be easy to look bad in that practice especially if the kid was nervous.

Comment

Read this:
                    https://ilovetowatchyouplay.com/2017.../her-own-path/

Hailie Mace. Look her up. UCLA Stud. Follow what her mom did.
                    She was a two sport stud who wanted to play with her friends, until almost senior year.
                    You need to make film and have her guest as much as possible. Is she a two or three sport stud? Show her athletic prowess. Teams are always looking for guests during summer.
                    Talk to parents in real life, not here. Talk to coaches. Reach out. Good luck.

Teams are not f*cking locked, you dumb****s. Only appears to be in Conni**** b/c
                    you folks have no idea what real competition like in socal.

Comment

Read this:
                      https://ilovetowatchyouplay.com/2017.../her-own-path/

Hailie Mace. Look her up. UCLA Stud. Follow what her mom did.
                      She was a two sport stud who wanted to play with her friends, until almost senior year.
                      You need to make film and have her guest as much as possible. Is she a two or three sport stud? Show her athletic prowess. Teams are always looking for guests during summer.
                      Talk to parents in real life, not here. Talk to coaches. Reach out. Good luck.

Teams are not f*cking locked, you dumb****s. Only appears to be in Conni**** b/c
                      you folks have no idea what real competition like in socal.
                      This is terrible advice. You’re saying one should piece meal their way thru youth soccer? A little here, a little there, all in hopes of piecing together an attractive package?

Here’s some real advice: Get really good at what you do and they’ll find you, no matter what path you take. 99% of these ridiculous TS posts about the pathway focus only on the logistics, they almost never talk about the necessity of the athletes actual ability.

Comment

This is terrible advice. You’re saying one should piece meal their way thru youth soccer? A little here, a little there, all in hopes of piecing together an attractive package?

Here’s some real advice: Get really good at what you do and they’ll find you, no matter what path you take. 99% of these ridiculous TS posts about the pathway focus only on the logistics, they almost never talk about the necessity of the athletes actual ability.
                        Speed kills. Everyone overly enamored with it and almost any coach will choose it over technical abilities and soccer smarts. Find the American kids that have all three and draft them and their pet unicorn or scour south america and europe to find one.

Comment

Odds are 0% for CFCU. Odds of making FSA ECNL at that age 5-10%. Both CFC and FSA send their NPL teams to PDA, FSA being easier to break into. That would be your best play for high caliber showcase. She should also be doing school ID camps for the schools she is interested in now... I dont think OW sends teams to PDA but I'm not positive about that.

Comment

Speed. Size. Skill. 2/3 and the kid is playing in college. 3/3 and their getting money.

Comment

Speed. Size. Skill. 2/3 and the kid is playing in college. 3/3 and their getting money.
                              It’s that simple folks.

Comment

They're.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X