Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The highlight of this kids year is her HS season, most of the Academy level CFC players can't wait for HS to end so they can start playing with other D1 players that think/run as fast as they do. They get pushed. JM goes back to a low level team that plays in third best league.
    Thats cause most hs teams only have 1-2 D1 players
    Stjs, glasto, choate, staples this year have more so the drop off isnt huge

Comment

Stick to table tennis then. The number of HS All State and All NE players that wouldn’t even start on some premier teams and definitely wouldn’t stand out is literally in the hundreds over the years. You are comparing apples and oranges. She’s a good player. Not great. Not a standout. And certainly nowhere near the top 10 players in the state. Maybe too 5-10 in her age group. Obviously no shame in that, but let’s not exaggerate. Unless you simply don’t know any better in which case, you’re forgiven.
      To be fair there is a comittee of soccer "experts" who give up their time to actually think about the answer to that very question- who is the best player in the state?
      Every year they come up with an answer. JM was this years winner

Maybe i simply didnt know that you also do the work and scour the state to answer this question. Funny that i cant find you awards anywhere except on a anonymous **** talking forum. By all means forward a link as to your process, criteria and past winners so we can argue further

Comment

To be fair there is a comittee of soccer "experts" who give up their time to actually think about the answer to that very question- who is the best player in the state?
        Every year they come up with an answer. JM was this years winner

Maybe i simply didnt know that you also do the work and scour the state to answer this question. Funny that i cant find you awards anywhere except on a anonymous **** talking forum. By all means forward a link as to your process, criteria and past winners so we can argue further
        Be serious. There is more politics in high school athletics than in DC. And even if there weren’t, HS and club are two different animals. An effective HS player might not be a good club player. Different styles and different levels. But let’s say this player, who I don’t even know to be honest, was the best HS player. That doesn’t necessarily make her the best overall player. A lot of other factors. Quality of HS team. Influence of the coach. She might be terrific, but to assume she is the best is reaching a bit. She might find college an eye opener when she jumps up a level if she hasn’t competed against those type of players in club. Does she play club? If so, where? I might have missed it in the thread.

Comment

Be serious. There is more politics in high school athletics than in DC. And even if there weren’t, HS and club are two different animals. An effective HS player might not be a good club player. Different styles and different levels. But let’s say this player, who I don’t even know to be honest, was the best HS player. That doesn’t necessarily make her the best overall player. A lot of other factors. Quality of HS team. Influence of the coach. She might be terrific, but to assume she is the best is reaching a bit. She might find college an eye opener when she jumps up a level if she hasn’t competed against those type of players in club. Does she play club? If so, where? I might have missed it in the thread.
          what you say is true, but it means little
          all of the good club players play in HS(dont give me the ow thing they gave waivers to their best) and the privates are considered in this as well.so there are no hidden kids just some are on crappy teams,which helps them shine brighter
          TB12 is regarded as the best qb of all time- you could certainly argue he wouldnt be if he was on another team,diff coach etc..-- but he where he sits right now he is the best

Comment

So many clubs recruit and so many coaches in HS and college recruit for Premier teams profitability!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X