Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composite Teams

Can someone explain composite teams? They seem to be some kind of NPL/ECNL blend for kids who are Seniors (U18). I see an ECNL event in Phoenix in April and CFC sends their composite team but FSA doesnt. What if anything is the benefit of doing this if your formerly NPL kid wants to play Senior year?

It's the 18 year old B team. ECNL is the A team. Composite is the B team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can someone explain composite teams? They seem to be some kind of NPL/ECNL blend for kids who are Seniors (U18). I see an ECNL event in Phoenix in April and CFC sends their composite team but FSA doesnt. What if anything is the benefit of doing this if your formerly NPL kid wants to play Senior year?
      In ECNL it's a fancy word for NPL team at the last age group. After several years of paying lots of money, ECNL cut these B teamers a break.

Comment

Is it worth doing at FSA? Any good trips? Not really thinking about recruiting but figure at the end of a long club career it would be nice for D to go somewhere outside of the Northeast as a pay back for all the slogs to New Jersey and Long Island...

Comment

Is it worth doing at FSA? Any good trips? Not really thinking about recruiting but figure at the end of a long club career it would be nice for D to go somewhere outside of the Northeast as a pay back for all the slogs to New Jersey and Long Island...
          If your kid wants it, then do it. No good trips. They gave away the Jeff Cup spots.

Comment

Pay me $1000 and give me the rest of the money that next season will cost you and I will send you and your family to Hawaii for a week. Much more worthwhile.

Comment

It's the 18 year old B team. ECNL is the A team. Composite is the B team.
              not true, most of those kids are already recruited and signed, just trying to stay in shape and on the ball
              if thats your kid do it
              if you arent recruited yet its not great for exposure

Comment

not true, most of those kids are already recruited and signed, just trying to stay in shape and on the ball
                if thats your kid do it
                if you arent recruited yet its not great for exposure
                Tell them to bank the $5K for college, join the HS track team and go for a run.

Comment

College coaches want them to stay in top physical and soccer form. Telling your future coach you're taking the season off doesn't sit well.

Comment

College coaches want them to stay in top physical and soccer form. Telling your future coach you're taking the season off doesn't sit well.
                    Save $3k and play at Sporting then.

Comment

Might as well set your cash on fire

Comment

Might as well set your cash on fire
                        At FSA? Agreed. Burn the $$ and save gas, wear and tear on the auto, and play monopoly on the family game nights you can have.

Comment

i could play soccer with my Cat and get a better workout than at sporting

Comment

5K *** is paying 5K? you must be paying for 3 kids, make sure they thank you

Comment

i could play soccer with my Cat and get a better workout than at sporting
                              My kids' hamster has mad soccer skills

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X