•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really?

Here fishy fishy!
    I don't think so. I believe that person really believes that. I can respect their opinion. They are wrong, of course, but I can respect their opinion.

Comment

I don't think so. I believe that person really believes that. I can respect their opinion. They are wrong, of course, but I can respect their opinion.
      I've seen most, if not all, of the OYSA 05 teams.

OPFC, Westside, and FC at a minimum would be favored against any of them. So would WashT, if they weren't moving to Washington BECNL. So likely would Capital.

UPDX, perhaps not--and I still haven't heard what happened to the Slytherins.

Comment

I've seen most, if not all, of the OYSA 05 teams.

OPFC, Westside, and FC at a minimum would be favored against any of them. So would WashT, if they weren't moving to Washington BECNL. So likely would Capital.

UPDX, perhaps not--and I still haven't heard what happened to the Slytherins.
        Slitherans to Vantucky

Comment

United PDX? Laughable!

Comment

Slitherans to Vantucky
            While I can see why the Slytherins might have decided to go there--that way they still get the cachet of a travel team ("why yes, we travel to Seattle for our games, because there's no worthy opponent in Oregon!"); I'm a bit stunned that Washington Timbers would deal with this motley crew. If they won spots at tryouts fair and square, I've got no problem--but if the club made a deal with Ben Billups, and as a result some of the recent 05 DA team found themselves being sent to Red 2 because the number of competitive spots shrunk--shame on Washington Timbers.

I hope that's not the case--WashT is a good club, even if they did kinda sell their souls a bit this past spring while the Shevchuk Show was playing at Harmony. They don't need to do this sort of thing to stay afloat financially; and none of these kids are from Clark County.

Comment

While I can see why the Slytherins might have decided to go there--that way they still get the cachet of a travel team ("why yes, we travel to Seattle for our games, because there's no worthy opponent in Oregon!"); I'm a bit stunned that Washington Timbers would deal with this motley crew. If they won spots at tryouts fair and square, I've got no problem--but if the club made a deal with Ben Billups, and as a result some of the recent 05 DA team found themselves being sent to Red 2 because the number of competitive spots shrunk--shame on Washington Timbers.

I hope that's not the case--WashT is a good club, even if they did kinda sell their souls a bit this past spring while the Shevchuk Show was playing at Harmony. They don't need to do this sort of thing to stay afloat financially; and none of these kids are from Clark County.
              Maybe they are on red 2. Even if it's the PSPL, that's still a "travel league". ;)

Comment

Maybe they are on red 2. Even if it's the PSPL, that's still a "travel league". ;)
                I am curious where they ended up. A handful ended up at my Son's club's tryout. Honestly, I was shocked how bad they looked in comparison to my Son's teammates. Collectively, they were slow on the ball, made the wrong decision more often than not, and looked horribly out of place.

Comment

I am curious where they ended up. A handful ended up at my Son's club's tryout. Honestly, I was shocked how bad they looked in comparison to my Son's teammates. Collectively, they were slow on the ball, made the wrong decision more often than not, and looked horribly out of place.
                  One to ADF, one to Cuervos, seven to United Pdx on a package deal they could all stay together. They also tried out at PCU, Westside and Crossfire, where all three coaches were unwilling to give the package deal.

Comment

One to ADF, one to Cuervos, seven to United Pdx on a package deal they could all stay together. They also tried out at PCU, Westside and Crossfire, where all three coaches were unwilling to give the package deal.
                    So UPDX is willing to make deals others aren’t. Progressive? Desperate? BB and BM probably hit it off!

Comment

They came to a Westside practice. None of them came to Westside's tryouts.

Comment

So UPDX is willing to make deals others aren’t. Progressive? Desperate? BB and BM probably hit it off!
                        While BM may be a grifter, usually he's a smarter grifter than this. He may have just bought himself a President's Cup!

Comment

While BM may be a grifter, usually he's a smarter grifter than this. He may have just bought himself a President's Cup!
                          Asked my son what he thought of this group. To paraphrase, “they are all fluff and no stuff”.

Comment

Reds 2 is RCL

Comment

Reds 2 is RCL
                              Still a "travel league", and a good story for the boys at the 19th hole.

Comment

Still a "travel league", and a good story for the boys at the 19th hole.
                                Any idea when the first real game of soccer will be played between the top oysa teams of last year and those from the now defunct DA? summer tournaments I am assuming, just not sure when and I can’t wait for the talk to begin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X