X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for proving my point....

There are not "college scouts." There are college coaches and some 3rd party college scouting services unrelated to a university.

Obviously, there are pro scouts. MLB scouts are paid to go watch top prospects. They go to HS games. They go to LOTS of HS games.

The college coach was watching a top HS prospects play at HIS HOME STADIUM? Color me shocked, lol. I told you that college coaches go watch VERY VERY few HS games because they are coaching their own teams during the same season....he was at his home field, didn't have to travel and obviously his team wasn't playing.

College recruiting is NOT predominaty done at HS. It's done during SUMMER when the talent is consolidated into high end showcase teams that all play in big tournaments. The college coaches are off....they are not coaching. So, it's much easier for them to go scout teams / players / and recruit and watch MULTIPLE D1 prospects play each other at the same time.

This is the way baseball college recruiting works.
    You’re so far out of your depth, it’s not even funny.

Robert McDaniel was at the Saladino tournament scouting players.

He’s kind of a big deal in baseball in Florida, and his opinion definitely counts for Jim Morris.

Anybody who knows college baseball in Florida knows him.

Please stop. Your ignorance is alarmingly huge when it comes to baseball.

Comment

You’re so far out of your depth, it’s not even funny.

Robert McDaniel was at the Saladino tournament scouting players.

He’s kind of a big deal in baseball in Florida, and his opinion definitely counts for Jim Morris.

Anybody who knows college baseball in Florida knows him.

Please stop. Your ignorance is alarmingly huge when it comes to baseball.
      So, let me get this straight....

Your contention is that you have college coaches attending LOTS of HS baseball games, identifying talent to be recruited primarily from these HS games they are attending and then the college coaches are recruiting players primarily from all these HS baseball games they attended?

Is that what you are sticking with?

Summer showcases are just fluff then? Not really going? Nobody paying attention?

I'm still trying to understand how you are going to make the case that players are primarily scouted, identified and recruited for COLLEGE in HS baseball.

Comment

So, let me get this straight....

Your contention is that you have college coaches attending LOTS of HS baseball games, identifying talent to be recruited primarily from these HS games they are attending and then the college coaches are recruiting players primarily from all these HS baseball games they attended?

Is that what you are sticking with?

Summer showcases are just fluff then? Not really going? Nobody paying attention?

I'm still trying to understand how you are going to make the case that players are primarily scouted, identified and recruited for COLLEGE in HS baseball.
        Please find anywhere in the text of my writing where I said travel ball showcases don’t happen and college scouts aren’t there.

I won’t hold my breath.

You said that doesn’t happen at High School games.

I countered that it does and provided specific examples. The U, Knights, UT, and many others were all there in official capacity.

The Showcases and High School games are both scouted.

Because you don’t seem to know how it works, college recruiting really takes place during the over night invite camps at the college’s during the summer.

Comment

Look...

I understand that there will be some coach college coaches / staff that will attend SOME games. I never said nobody goes ever. There will be exceptions.

MLB scouts are not part of my discussion as that's an entirely different animal all together.

As I've stated mulptupe times....the vast majority of talent identification, scouting, and subsequent recruiting occurs over the summer. It's just the way it is.

Now...if there is some event that has a number of high end stud prospects, sure that's when you'll see some staff there. Bang for you buck. The more studs or the bigger the stud...the more staff you'll see there.

HS baseball still matters this way...coaches call me to make sure a kid is a good kid. Make sure he's not a trouble maker. If he's a stud prospect get may want I see him play a game against top end competition.

However. If you think there is going to be a bunch of powrer 5 guys at a district game on a Friday night, lol...no.

However, at some East Cobb games over the summer...cant count all the coaches and scouts.

As far as being out of my depth...ok. Keep dealing in absolutes.

Comment

Please find anywhere in the text of my writing where I said travel ball showcases don’t happen and college scouts aren’t there.

I won’t hold my breath.

You said that doesn’t happen at High School games.

I countered that it does and provided specific examples. The U, Knights, UT, and many others were all there in official capacity.

The Showcases and High School games are both scouted.

Because you don’t seem to know how it works, college recruiting really takes place during the over night invite camps at the college’s during the summer.
            If you go back and read my post...

I said scouting PRIMARILY occurs at summer showcases and ID camps held at campus...specifically.

My contention has always been that these are the two primary spots to be recruited and scouted. I'll stick with that.

If you are a fringe D1 or D2 player...you are not going to be scouted at a HS game unless you have a stud on your team they are coming to see.

You may get seen over the summer or at camps and subsequently recruited.

Comment

Let me put it like this...

I'm coaching an above average HS middle infielder. Solid player, not a physical standout, above average tools, but no plus tools, not a pro prospect as a 17 year old. Grades are fine.

How should I direct this young man to maximize his chance to play college baseball? What's his best chance to be seen? Just play HS and hope for the best? Hope a D2 or a coach from the NE shows up to scout him?

Comment

Look...

I understand that there will be some coach college coaches / staff that will attend SOME games. I never said nobody goes ever. There will be exceptions.

MLB scouts are not part of my discussion as that's an entirely different animal all together.

As I've stated mulptupe times....the vast majority of talent identification, scouting, and subsequent recruiting occurs over the summer. It's just the way it is.

Now...if there is some event that has a number of high end stud prospects, sure that's when you'll see some staff there. Bang for you buck. The more studs or the bigger the stud...the more staff you'll see there.

HS baseball still matters this way...coaches call me to make sure a kid is a good kid. Make sure he's not a trouble maker. If he's a stud prospect get may want I see him play a game against top end competition.

However. If you think there is going to be a bunch of powrer 5 guys at a district game on a Friday night, lol...no.

However, at some East Cobb games over the summer...cant count all the coaches and scouts.

As far as being out of my depth...ok. Keep dealing in absolutes.
                MLB scouts contact colleges with tweener kids that they have seen at local games and know that they aren’t drafting that they want more seasoning from.

Comment

MLB scouts contact colleges with tweener kids that they have seen at local games and know that they aren’t drafting that they want more seasoning from.
                  Ok...you win. I'm done with this.

Tweener kids should hope the MLB guys at their HS games find them a college. God forbid you don't have prospect on your HS team that the MLB guys are watching....or do the MLB guys go to watch every HS play? Lol.

Sounds good. Good luck.

Comment

What is the average cost per year for different competitive clubs and academies? How much should be considered too much?
                    Parent coach? Nothing over $500 no matter the age. The problem with clubs is that they see 25 kids show up for tryouts at an age group and they tell everyone, congrats we are going to have 2 teams... funny thing is they don't have a coach for 2nd team. BUT they want you to hand over your money and then they will find one. Run from that PIG of a club. If you played at a club that did this to you, please name them for everyone to see.

Comment

Parent coach? Nothing over $500 no matter the age. The problem with clubs is that they see 25 kids show up for tryouts at an age group and they tell everyone, congrats we are going to have 2 teams... funny thing is they don't have a coach for 2nd team. BUT they want you to hand over your money and then they will find one. Run from that PIG of a club. If you played at a club that did this to you, please name them for everyone to see.
                      Florida Rush

Comment

So I'm taking it that $2500 for 3 days per week is well above average for a non-academy team...
                        I'm too lazy to figure it out but a 12 mth season is different than a 10 mth season.

Comment

It's not a parent coach.

Comment

I'm too lazy to figure it out but a 12 mth season is different than a 10 mth season.
                            This is closer to an 8-month season, September through May with a few breaks in between

Comment

2500? U got to be kidding
                              Up in Jacksonville we don’t pay more than 1000 unless it’s that one Academy team. And I think they’re only 1500

Comment

Florida Rush
                                This club has a ton of problems but, parent coaches are not the issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X