Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    RM is fine. He did a good job with the girls and they did well. JA is terrible. Absolutely no development whatsoever. More scrimmaging than actual planned practices. No effort in conditioning. No mid year or end of the year evaluations. No consistent individualized feedback. Girls skills are actually deteriorating rather than improving. No accountability. Not surprising the team can’t beat a mediocre state premier team that they would have beat by 5 goals years ago
    Developing/planned practices instead of scrimmages? More cone work like the ECNL team? Hows that working out for FSA?
    Do you really need an eval when your kid plays for an FSA NPL squad.
    Girls deteriorate because they don't want to compete anymore at the hs age. They do it to socialize and its parents like you that don't get it.

You get what you pay for, Mom!

Comment

I'm not defending JA- I don't even know the coach- but conditioning is not a responsibility of the head coach. The players need to get into shape on their own and that should go beyond the training they are getting with their coach. Practice time should be spent on soccer.

You can bring up the other faults I'm not contesting them, but you're spending thousands of dollars on soccer specific instruction no cross-country.
      Totally agree. I have college coaches tell my kid the same thing about fitness. They set a benchmark and the kids must hit.

Soccer practice is for soccer

Comment

Totally agree. I have college coaches tell my kid the same thing about fitness. They set a benchmark and the kids must hit.

Soccer practice is for soccer
        In an ideal world of course. But it shows that for many players soccer is more of a hobby instead of a passion.

Comment

I'm not defending JA- I don't even know the coach- but conditioning is not a responsibility of the head coach. The players need to get into shape on their own and that should go beyond the training they are getting with their coach. Practice time should be spent on soccer.

You can bring up the other faults I'm not contesting them, but you're spending thousands of dollars on soccer specific instruction no cross-country.
          there's very little time as is. No way a coach should be spending time conditioning unless it's with a ball and a technical session that has the kids huffing and puffing. JA has zero ability to relate with kids. Period

Comment

Academica is a quiet but solid little club that has some good players. FSA NPL is terrible. Hontestly you would be better off playing elsewhere if that's where they put your kid.

As for Sporting? they barely have HS teams and at the HS ages better players should have moved out of a club like Sporting to NPL (hopefully better than FSA) ECNL or DA.
            still a decent little boutique type club, but there's been slippage since the move a couple of years ago.

Comment

still a decent little boutique type club, but there's been slippage since the move a couple of years ago.
              Sporting is doing fine, thank you very much. We're building players, teams, and the club. Every so often we knock off a big-three club team and there's hoopla and all, but we keep on building and building. We're a good club if your kid wants to play competitively without all the high cost and high-stress politics of a big-three club team.

Comment

Sporting is doing fine, thank you very much. We're building players, teams, and the club. Every so often we knock off a big-three club team and there's hoopla and all, but we keep on building and building. We're a good club if your kid wants to play competitively without all the high cost and high-stress politics of a big-three club team.
                Talking about afc. ... ....

Comment

Talking about afc. ... ....
                  Oh. Sorry. Yeah, afc. Not so much. Have fun.

Comment

Oh. Sorry. Yeah, afc. Not so much. Have fun.
                    yew shore don't read nun 2 good.

Comment

Everybody plus new talent from other clubs will be staying at sporting. Anyone that tells you different their lying.Get with it people Theres not one reason to leave e sporting . The teams will only get stronger since travel kids will now also be aboard. The coaching is really good with very high creds do you due diligence before you speculate.

Comment

Everybody plus new talent from other clubs will be staying at sporting. Anyone that tells you different their lying.Get with it people Theres not one reason to leave e sporting . The teams will only get stronger since travel kids will now also be aboard. The coaching is really good with very high creds do you due diligence before you speculate.
                        Who are the new Sporting credentialed coaches replacing the ones who are leaving? Poor to mediocre coaches as replacements is one good reason to leave if I were a parent paying that type of coin. Then there's the dilution of talent that's inevitably going to occur to some degree.

Comment

Who are the new Sporting credentialed coaches replacing the ones who are leaving? Poor to mediocre coaches as replacements is one good reason to leave if I were a parent paying that type of coin. Then there's the dilution of talent that's inevitably going to occur to some degree.
                          Not losing much with Zach and Jeremy. Can only get better from here. Good riddance

Comment

Zach and Heremy may not be everyone's cup of tea but they are solid youth coaches. Losing one big coach in a club is a challenge, losing two will seriously impact Sporting. I have been impressed with what Sporting has done but I think they come out as the big losers in all of this. They will be a much weaker club because of the players and staff they will lose. On the flip side Vale will also a weaker version of what Sporting has attained. Both clubs will have a lot of work to do and only one will end up surviving (maybe neither) in the long run.

Comment

Zach and Heremy may not be everyone's cup of tea but they are solid youth coaches. Losing one big coach in a club is a challenge, losing two will seriously impact Sporting. I have been impressed with what Sporting has done but I think they come out as the big losers in all of this. They will be a much weaker club because of the players and staff they will lose. On the flip side Vale will also a weaker version of what Sporting has attained. Both clubs will have a lot of work to do and only one will end up surviving (maybe neither) in the long run.
                              RIP Sporting... Vale has risen!!!

Comment

RIP Sporting... Vale has risen!!!
                                ^ plus Vale thread makes it look like Vale took Sporting's intern in the split as well. Now there will be two threads of the clubs trying to beat the cra* out of each other, neither one winning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X